104th Phoenix - Operation Longbow - Dynamic PvP Mission - Page 60 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-25-2018, 01:37 PM   #591
Nightwolf

Will the server be running on the open beta branch so players can have access to the memory manager in 2.5.1?
"Fighter pilots have ice in their veins. They don't have emotions. They think, anticipate. They know that fear and other concerns cloud your mind from what's going on and what you should be involved in." -Buzz Aldrin
Nightwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 03:15 PM   #592
KungFu

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Blaze> View Post
This is just my observation but I think people got overall tired of progress resetting every time there is a restart. Not that this happens too often, but still. In early weeks of 2.5 I think we pretty much had full server on weekends and now even on Saturday EU peak times it often doesn't even reach 40. Even worse for Sundays.

It can also be pretty tedious to connect to the server if you just got home. It takes ~ 15- 20min even if you have a good system
I usually can get to the select role screen in under 30sec, but on occasion it can take a minute or so....maybe a fresh map / change in mission or number of players on.

Maybe bandwidth related vs good system as I have 1Gbps up/down.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:18 PM   #593
mattebubben

2 Questions.

1st.
Are you guys going to update to Openb eta 2.5.1 both for the memory manager but also for other new additions such as the J-11A.

2nd With the addition of the J-11A for the red side would you consider bringing the Mirage 2000 back to the blue side?.

Since otherwise we will be stuck with just the F-15 as the blue fighters while the Reds would have Su-27,Su-33,J-11A,Mig-29 and Mirage 2000.

the J-11A will also very much balance things out as with its R-77 + the ability to still carry the R-27ET and the R-73 it packs a very potent weapons mix.

As the Red side no longer really need the figher capabilities of the Mirage 2000 (as they have more potent fighters) and for tossing laser guided bombs they have the F-5E (if you would change Laser code the Red Jtac uses atleast).
mattebubben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:03 PM   #594
///Rage

I doubt the J11 would surpass the popularity of the M2K.

www.51bisons.com

51st TS 96.43.128.170
///Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 09:17 PM   #595
RightStuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFu View Post
Maybe bandwidth related vs good system as I have 1Gbps up/down.
It is definitely not a problem with bandwidth:
I monitored UL/DL while joining and there was only normal, steady traffic in low kB/s.
But I saw that my graphics memory slowly filled.
Though, it seems that this a local issue of the misssion/theater because of much data. Whatever they are...

As already mentioned and approved:
Loading the mission in advance in SP and afterwards joining MP helps.
Using this procedure I never had a kickback to the default screen.
RightStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 09:35 PM   #596
KungFu

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightStuff View Post
It is definitely not a problem with bandwidth:
I monitored UL/DL while joining and there was only normal, steady traffic in low kB/s.
But I saw that my graphics memory slowly filled.
Though, it seems that this a local issue of the misssion/theater because of much data. Whatever they are...

As already mentioned and approved:
Loading the mission in advance in SP and afterwards joining MP helps.
Using this procedure I never had a kickback to the default screen.
Well hopefully the patch today will help with the VRAM being used up. With an 11GB card I don't really notice issues, but everyone I know with 4/6GB cards definitely see issues after some time in game.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:51 PM   #597
RightStuff

Jep.. I‘m in that 4G line...
Eager to see the update and its benefits in stable.
RightStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 06:39 AM   #598
[Maverick]
ED Testers Team

104th Radar Operators working deep underground in a secret location detected several Chinese J-11As arriving over night in to the Caucasus region to join as part of Operation Longbow.

As of this time it is not clear what the next move is for the Chinese aircraft, however confirmed sightings have been made at Krasonodar Pashkovsky Airbase of the J-11A's performing what looked to be Quick Reaction Alert exercises.

The arrival of the J-11As from China coincide with the latest NATO gunship to arrive in the region the SA342 Minigun Helicopter.
NATO commanders hope these aircraft will help to slow any future enemy movements, although the fight will be tough going with Russia receiving some serious backup from its Chinese ally.

Server updated to 2.5.1.16543.355

104th Phoenix Squadron Leader / Total Poser

"Dammit Jim, I'm a Squadron Leader, not a software developer!"

www.104thPhoenix.com
www.facebook.com/104thPhoenix
104th F-15C Skin
My YouTube Channel

Last edited by [Maverick]; 04-27-2018 at 06:43 AM.
[Maverick] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 08:58 AM   #599
Adixylian

Greetings!

Maverick, this has probably been asked but here it comes.

What are hardware specifications for the Server? And how are you hosting it? On VPN or you bought a PC, installed DCS and you never shut-off the PC? And one more question, what is the internet bandwith, D/U?

I have noticed that your server, as populated as it is, doesn't crash that often as BF does. Also, you keep it running for longer than 3 hours (comparison with the BF) and still keep it stable. There are 0 to none laggs, and no stutters. I'm thinking about making a dedicated server with my Virtual Squadron, but 1st we need hardware specs..

Thank you
Old 04-27-2018, 09:48 AM   #600
Shadoga

Hey Mav,

thanks for keeping Longbow current and up-to-date with OpenBeta, adding J-11 and BRRT-zelle!
Also nice to see a "vintage" Longbow version running from time to time like yesterday.

Having been on the original version yesterday evening, I'd like to add my votes to 2 frequently discussed options of Longbow that I didn't comment on before:

+1 for switching off client takeoff & landing server messages

+1 for re-enabling choppers to load&drop manpad teams

Just voicing my opinion, no need to start discussing or justifying matters again, pros&cons have been exchanged already in detail here...

Cheers!
Shadoga is offline   Reply With Quote