Gazelle updates!

RastaPutin

this was discussed once before iirc - the doorless deal would be a 3d model deal, it would take some time to make it correct.

the 3 variant swap via ground crew is unrealistic. You're talking about a configuration change, removal of the racks for one to put on pods for the other. the ground crew would not be able to do that in a timely fashion in real life. that doesn't even get into the removal of Viviane hardware.....I realize that it also isn't realistic to just "select role" and hop in another version, but the point is how unrealistic the version swap would be on the ground.

I dunno enough about the real Gazelle, but maybe there isn't an audible warning for the over torque because there isn't one in real life? I would think if it did have one that it would be included already.

• 2 months later...

@ all:

please stand by and do not expect an answer 24 hours after a question was raised. Thanks.

Updates are planned and have to be done but it is more caused by the conversion to 2.5

For me the Gazelle got terminated when I hit something yesterday. Please make sure that your helicopter is not set to immortal, cause your rotor should break at least on impact. Thanks

So maybe some improvement in damage model?

Have you planing any major updates in this module or consider it as "finished"?

In fact I find the behavior coherent, you hit the tank with your right skid and that destroys it. Now that the object is destroyed it does not have a collision model anymore so the gaz can go right trough it.

You might want to test it with a Huey or else but I don't see how the gazelle should have broke in this case :).

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Polychop any answer to this?:huh:

Ooooh my gooood please don't burn us all ! :megalol:

Ah and to contribute usefully to the thread (lol), IRL that's indeed a NOPE for the audible audio warning. Because while other pilots talk with their plane during flights, french pilots do war.

I'm guessing that's why these things are called fire engines, right? :megalol:

Some days you eat the bear, some days the bear eats you. :D

Edited by FragBum
<typo>

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Well, airfield vehicles and objects don't have any life value. If you land on them or hit them with any weapon you will get this. Land a Kamov on this truc and the same will happen ;)

I did try other helicopters and ALL of them where fun. :D

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

the 3 variant swap via ground crew is unrealistic. You're talking about a configuration change, removal of the racks for one to put on pods for the other. the ground crew would not be able to do that in a timely fashion in real life. that doesn't even get into the removal of Viviane hardware.....I realize that it also isn't realistic to just "select role" and hop in another version, but the point is how unrealistic the version swap would be on the ground.

I agree on the realism. However, the problem now is that each variant now occupies a slot in in the mission that cannot be replaced with another type.

Thus instead of 8 gazelles available for use however the pilots choose to fly, we wind up with a 2/3/3 or 2/2/4 split or similar, which for a pilot who wants to fly one of the more in-demand variants, forces them to leave the server and fly somewhere else.

It certainly would be possible to have these configuration details be a function of loadout, MiG-21 already does that if you arm the nuke.

In that way, gazelle fans can actually hang out together without being forced to fly a specific variant.

--gos

Heum.

Well comparison with the Mig-21 isn't fair.

Let me explain :

Between the Sa-342 M and the Sa-342 L you have :

- Different systems inside cockpit.

- Different systems across the whole airframe (Athos cam, pylons etc)

- Different weight.

- Different FM.

Fact is that even if it was possible to allow swapping from one to another (which IMO would ruin the game, I'll come to it later), it would need a completely unreasonable amount of work to merge all the stuff, because each of them are currently separated products with separated codes. I can understand that from a non-coder point of view, things may look very "logical", and somewhat easy, but fact is that when you have 35 000 lines of code, merging them with two other 35 000 lines of code isn't as simple as writing a magic formula like "If value Sa-342 M = 1, then replace all systems and code".

For the gameplay part, let it be very simple : it would be completely unfair, specially on PVP servers. Imagine : you are pursuing an Sa-342M in your Kamov-50. You know that there aren't any risks for you. She manages to escape briefly, lands, picks up Mistral missiles and kills you. It would be perfectly unfair, exactly like if I landed my Ka-50 and "rearmed" in a Kamov-52. Still, opf course it would be very practical for squad purpose etc. But it too would lead to real issues so...

They are not the same helicopters, name is the same, airframe is approximately the same, but comparison stops here.

Nicolas

Edited by dimitriov

For people who are so fond of realism, it is strange to see these same people, when they are players, to show so much bad faith.

They would like the game to adapt to any of their problems, with patches that would actually be cheats.

Often due to lack of knowledge of the module:

When a red thing flashes on the dashboard, it means that something is wrong.And why not an electric discharge in the buttocks, while we are there, and "give a banana to the monkey" too.Entrain enough on the module rather than ask him to go through your four wishes, and you will see that after a while, all this will not be any more problem.

Once again players want the game to serve their weaknesses.

No need to pack this into a beautiful speech about realism, and compare the modules between them to justify an improbable improvement.

And of course as in the shoot 'em up, they would like to change their armament with a single button.

It would be necessary to know once and for all if one wants a simulator or an erzatz.The interest of this simulator is precisely the diversity of the modules proposed, with their qualities and their defeats. A load of the players to learn to serve.

On a theater of real operations we do not send gazelles to be massacred by stronger opponents. And it is valid for all the engaged devices.

The missions entrusted to them are decided according to their capabilities.

A general knows very well what "earthen pot against the iron pot" means

Edited by cromhunt

I would love to see some missiles that have more range. Tired of getting shot down at 4km by tanks (even when behind trees/hill)*

*not trying to be a hater... I really love the bird, just not the dang sniping AI tanks! so maybe the fix should be on the AI and not the bird...lol.

One thing I found helped with that is to change where you're creating your missions. Give your self some good terrain to work with, buildings and valleys to hide in. I was setting my stuff up in open country where I really didn't have a lot of places to hide. That changed things dramatically for me.

-Jenrick

The only advice is to train.It does not arrive in 5 minutes to master all aspects of a simulation, especially if it wants to be close to reality.A single point of view is not enough to decide the difficulty of the game.

Here is a recent video on version 2.5.You will see that I am not really hidden behind the obstacles, however when the BTRs try to shoot me, they miss me, so that I can reach them.

I'm high enough to aim for them, but not too high for them to reach me at the turn.

http://cromhunt.proboards.com/thread/312/dcs-la-gazelle?page=1&scrollTo=1123

If you"Backtrap", want an example on a particular situation, post here the type of duel that you want to see done by the gazelle with troops on the ground, and armored vehicles. I would try to accomplish it and I would post a video.

No guarantee but I think it should not be too hard. Just be patient, most of the time to find the solution.

Once again this simulator is not a shoot 'em up, you have to adapt to the modules to have a little success.

see you :)

Edited by cromhunt