Which module do you think will release next?

Gunny Highway

Which module do you think will release next?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Which module do you think will release next?

The new damage model has to come out, for non-WW2 aircraft, first.

Great scott! I don't have anything nice to say here...

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Cobra just said that they hope and plan to release the F-14 at the end of this year: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3163713&postcount=172 (german)

So, I guess the Harrier will be first, followed by the F/A-18.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Depends what is your definition of "released". My educated guess based on previous experiences:

- The Harrier will be available first, but it will be very rough around the edges. Like the M-2000 was, more an alpha test initially.

- Hornet will slip to Q4 for reasons we will never be told, and will be released in a last sprint just before Christmas. But it will be in pretty decent shape, for an early access of course.

- Tomcat will be delayed to 2018.

Haha this post is perfect, I think your exactly right :D

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

they just need to move the code from the fsx, and adapt the environment of dcsw, just like m2kc.

pretty fast, pretty quality control.

'script flight model is pretty good for 60 dollars.'

never choice it.

after such many module without quality & progress control, I think only the 1st and 2nd party team could do it well.

Edited by Drag0nWIng

No doubt F14 is on my day one list. Hopefully multi crew will be available on release. I think it will be a blast to play with buddies online.

Heatblur confirmed on facebook that multi-crew works now.

I still vote that the Harrier will be first out. Razbam has said Q3 and they released the Mirage with a fair bit left to do. I bet they will keep to their estimate, its more a matter of how complete the module will be.

Between the Hornet and Tomcat, hard to say. Per Cobra's updates (facebook, here, etc) the Tomcat's functions are maturing rapidly with operational multi-crew, EFM, radar, weapons, carrier physics, etc. I think they will release in 2017. More a matter of how much time the Hornet needs - we will have some insight there in a few weeks. Either or both could make it in 2017, really hard to say at this point.

-Nick

Let's see, F/A-18C revealed on E3 next week... My guess is, such a move is likely accompanied with at least a pre-purchase, maybe early access, also.

Harrier seems pretty close to a state, where it could be released (other then the M2000C it has a lot of the systems already working, as we can see on the multiple videos). Keep in mind RAZBAM more or less have a headstart on 3D-model and lots of things from the existing FSX modules. Though it still means a lot of the internal stuff (ASM, EFM) needs to be redone/reworked, I guess.

The big unknown is if there are dependencies to carrier ops, ground radar, etc. which could delay things.

The F-14 is difficult to judge, but with so many utterly knew implementations (Jester AI, Dual-Cockpit, sweep wing physics, specific radar and missile physics...) I personally think it is the most likely to suffer delays and stop gaps. Though I hope Heatblur is on track and everything goes smooth.

It seems to be the nature of DCS, to account for unsuspected problems and delays popping up, from time to time. Even more than in other software development.

In the end this is a very complex environment... :dunno:

So my best guess (fingers crossed):

-F/A-18C early access (hopefully during or shortly after E3)

-AV-8B N/A early access (around Q3)

-F-14 early access (may be end of the year or later)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

they just need to move the code from the fsx, and adapt the environment of dcsw, just like m2kc.

If it were that simple then Razbam would have many aircraft available in DCS. However, it isn't that simple.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

If it were that simple then Razbam would have many aircraft available in DCS. However, it isn't that simple.

Yup, that's probably a rewrite on a lot of functionality. It's a start if you know how everything is supposed to work already, but that's about it.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Wags just said the hornet early access is still several months away, I would hope the Harrier would be out before that. Systems wise, it appears the Harrier has much more in place and closer to early access. Would be a shame if we didn't get either before years end. That would make the viggen the only new module this year.

After hearing what Matt said in the F-18 video, posted today, it seems they are going to hold off towards the end of the year now. Hopefully there won't be a repeat of last year in delaying the Hornet again. With that said I think RAZBAM's harrier will come first after seeing their progress and I am sure ED's wants to space the release dates of each module so as to not steal the thunder from each one.

My thoughts on the F-14 release... Cobra mentioned they are going to "try" to release before the end of the year? I would take that with a grain of salt. Cobra's reputation to holding to any timeline is bad, if you take into consideration the track record of promised news letters from the past. In fairness to him he may be bound by NDA, thus limiting information to us and coding for each of these modules are as complex as it gets, so there are unknowns that push dates out.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

My thoughts on the F-14 release... Cobra mentioned they are going to "try" to release before the end of the year?.

Cobra actually said "F-14 Will be released by end of year. No exceptions." I'm not one to blow a gasket when things take longer but that was his statement.

I'm going late summer=Harrier, fall=F-18, Christmas eve=F-14.

Cobra actually said "F-14 Will be released by end of year. No exceptions."

The fact that Cobra said that, practically guarantees that it will not happen until after the end of the year.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The fact that Cobra said that, practically guarantees that it will not happen until after the end of the year.

BOOM! My thoughts exactly!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Please close poll, we need new one...

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence