QFE Conversion table for kneeboard

Since the ATC calls out the QFE in Inches HG and our Altimeter's adjustment window in the lower section of the Altimeter is in millibars, I found that consulting a chart was quicker although perhaps less accurate than an online calculator or using the constant to do the math every time.

I am not referring to setting it to zero at the beginning of the flight which can be done either way but when coming in to land. The barometric pressure can and does often change from airport to airport as we know.

It is standard to reset one's altimeter to the local conditions, elevations and pressure and very nice when it reads zero right at touchdown especially in bad weather. It is standard aviation procedure really.

I couldn't find a suitable chart so I made one and sized it for a perfect fit in our kneeboard.

I just fired it up and had to share since you folks help me so much with your posts behind the scenes.

The attached pic can be retrieved in-Sim if saved in your Saved Games\dcs(whichever version)\Kneeboard\SpitfireLFMkIX

Pretty handy

QFE.thumb.png.89dbce3acc9a31590ed87301fc24a779.png

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

screen shot

Screen shot

756426474_qfescreen.thumb.png.5c7fc7e0dfebcbaa7d137bd76d4c4aca.png

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

I am bouncing on my parachute in anticipation of the Bombs, Fuel and an AI that will land someday.

This is s nice little tool, I will be usign this.

Hope that ED gets a proper WW2 control system in place still though..

I'll be looking for that zeroed altimeter on your landings now. ha ha. ;)

A keybinding for altimeter up and down is essential (or use Pause Active but don't tell).

10 minutes kicked back watching this explains it better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX8P65YdKlU