Questions about the Trains

Sport

Will the trains in the Normandy map be placeable like any other vehicle? It would be nice to center a mission around attacking or protecting a particular train and set up defenses accordingly. The trains and placeable sets that exist in a Caucuses are incredibly wonky, and because of the limitations of the mission editor, it takes hours to place one train.

Additionally, one of my major gripes about the existing trains is that it takes an extraordinary amount of ordinance to destroy one train car, especially if it's an auto-gen one parked in a yard. Will this be audited and fixed so that train depots and parked units can be a viable target?

-Sport

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

Have a listen to the Alert 5 Podcast - YOUR source for the latest combat flight simulation news!

My take from the livestream is the trains are autogenerated when mission starts. I did some testing in the Caucasus map and they are on a set timetable, the hard part is sussing it out.

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

They are autogenerated now.

But we're working on the possibility to use trains as mission objects (like you've said - place them with other vehicles). Moreover later they should be a part of global resupply system during campaignes and missions later.

• Like 1

Yes please! I think it would be very cool to build fighter sweep missions against trains.

I'm looking forward to giving the trains a hard time with the P-51 and Spitfire like that iconic footage from the war.

Either way, thanks for all the awesome work. Can't wait for this map. :pilotfly:

But we're working on the possibility to use trains as mission objects (like you've said - place them with other vehicles). Moreover later they should be a part of global resupply system during campaignes and missions later.

Very interesting and exciting news, thanks again Racoon.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

That's very promising to hear. Thank you so much for the reply!

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

Have a listen to the Alert 5 Podcast - YOUR source for the latest combat flight simulation news!