JHMCS question - AIM-9M - slewing radar - A-to-A

Banzaiib

I know everyone is thinking Aim-9x in terms of JHMCS functionality, but I'm wondering about how the new helmet will end up working with the older Aim-9M. The aim-9m seeker can already lock vertically very far off boresight using vertical scan, so i was just wondering if a similar function will apply to the JHMCS.

My question is: Can you STT lock an air target by looking at it and pressing lock? If so, can you slew the Aim-9M to that lock, and effectively fire the aim-9 70 degrees off boresight? (given that the lateral gimbal limit of the AN/APG-73 is 70 degrees).

• 5 months later...
It didn't sound like we were getting this functionality on Wednesday from Wags' video, so we might have to wait longer for that.

Strangely enough I seem to remember him saying 'you can all try this out yourselves next week', which given a little production time for the video itself, might actually be this Wednesday.

Strangely enough I seem to remember him saying 'you can all try this out yourselves next week', which given a little production time for the video itself, might actually be this Wednesday.

Yes it *should* be on Wed with the Open Beta Update. I think what the OP that you were responding was whether the JHCMS will work with other Fox2's that have a much more limited gimbal angle.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

might also be that when he say you can try it out next week that he where refering to the steam version or the "official" open beta patch that normaly is first released 7 days after the "pre testing patch" that many people uses. ( dont know what its called ).

So maybe it will come wednesday or friday this week :)

another quick question, I know that the Cage/Uncage function is also used for the HUD...so just for confirmation sake, placing the radar into A2A mode, will that automatically supercede HUD caging/uncaging? IOW, the Cage/Uncage of the HUD is not functional while in either air or ground attack mode...is this correct?

Afaik HOBS missiles like the 9x are special not only in their seeker, but also in vectored propulsion to execute the turn. Even if you can use the hmd to give the 9m a target, it will have a much harder time turning onto that target.

Yes it *should* be on Wed with the Open Beta Update. I think what the OP that you were responding was whether the JHCMS will work with other Fox2's that have a much more limited gimbal angle.

I was actually talking about the radar slew mode not being available - Wags just demonstrated the raw seeker head (like if you just select AIM-9s now with no radar ACM modes) slewing with JHMCS. The person I was replying to was talking about slewing the radar with JHMCS - which Wags didn't mention or show. I'm fully expecting us to have available on Weds what Wags demonstrated, but I'm sure there's a lot more functionality still to come down the road.

Edited by backspace340