F5 screen goes crazy during flight

Gpruitt54

• 3 months later...

Strange. Looks like complete aerolastic flutter... Never experienced this in any configuration.

In thrust we trust :thumbup:

Falls jemand Montags Abends Lust hat mit uns zusammen zu fliegen und Spass zu haben (Anfänger sind auch herzlich willkommen) kann gerne auf unserer Website: https://www.jg-frankonia.de vorbeischauen oder sich direkt bei uns im Discord melden: https://discord.gg/vHEJf3c

Eigene Server und viel Spass sind vorhanden :thumbup:

Strange indeed and whatever causing it might explain some of the sudden blackout events the guys I fly with and I have experienced with the F-5.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Probably because the pilot is incapacitated, and you're just the pilot but with an external view to bypass the lack of vision.

Does it happen when the aircraft is re-configured? It may be a bug, but it should be avoidable if you don't go to that particular part of the envelope.

Pin down the exact parameters, then submit a proper bug report. It'll get followed up if the data is included.

Im having this problem too. Blackout and shaking just like the vid. Also i seem to not have enough down trim anymore. The plane is trimmed all the way nose down according to the trim indicator, but the plane still climbs.

Windows 10 64 bit, Intel i7 7700k @ 4.7ghz, 16 gb G-Skill Ripjaws DDR4 2800mhz ram, Asus Prime Z270-A mobo, EVGA RTX 2070, 240gb SSD,500gb Samsung 850 evo SSD,500gb HDD, Warthog stick, TWCS throttle,, Thrustmaster T-flight Rudder Pedals, Track IR 5

• 4 weeks later...

I had this *exact* issue too. It was only in this module and on any of the instant action missions and quick training missions etc.

I've found that it only seems to do it when I run it in game mode (in the DCS settings) rather than simulation mode. If I run in simulation mode it runs fine. No idea what the cause is though!

• 4 months later...
I had this *exact* issue too. It was only in this module and on any of the instant action missions and quick training missions etc.

I've found that it only seems to do it when I run it in game mode (in the DCS settings) rather than simulation mode. If I run in simulation mode it runs fine. No idea what the cause is though!

As of this date, I have yet to resolve the fluttering/blackout issue. I will try your suggestion and run it in sim and game mode and see what happens.

Then there remains that pesky trim issue. A topic for another thread.

Im having this problem too. Blackout and shaking just like the vid. Also i seem to not have enough down trim anymore. The plane is trimmed all the way nose down according to the trim indicator, but the plane still climbs.

My trim issue is just the opposite. If I lean the trim alone, the plane pitches straight up on take off. From that point on, I am flying with the stick pushed forward, full.

As of this date, I have yet to resolve the fluttering/blackout issue. I will try your suggestion and run it in sim and game mode and see what happens.

Then there remains that pesky trim issue. A topic for another thread.

You're not alone here. Same exact problem.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Hello,

I had the same issue. Resolved the problem flying the F-5 in sim mode and everything goes all right (trim flutter etc) :pilotfly:

Intel® Core i7-7700K @4,20GHz - 64 Go RAM - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti - Windows Pro 64 bit - Stream Deck - HOTAS Warthog

• 1 month later...
Hi Gpruitt54,

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I posted about that here - it seems I black out when reaching a certain airspeed. At least that was the case until the last update. After that, I didn't notice that behavior anymore.

I could recover from that state by using the trim button and losing speed. By "shuttering", I suppose, you mean the tiger is shaking like crazy? At least in my case it did.

Which exact version of DCS do you use?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=188278

Hello everyone ,

I just bought the F 5, and I encounter the same problem, as soon as I reach a certain speed level (500 to kts), the image on the screen begins to shake on all sides! ! and the plane becomes totally uncontrollable:(, both in internal and external view, at first I thought it was the VR that was involved, so I went back to the tracker Idem, the view tressaute of all the edges and controls have no effect, everything returns to normal when I go down speed, my DCS is totally up to date (upgrade from Friday, August 3)

I wonder what mistake I can make in the config of my Plane, or it is normal that the F5 does not support a certain speed, one of you has you the explanation?:pilotfly:

Edited by Laurent Resende

MSI Z490 gaming Plus, I9 10900K, RTX 2080Ti inno3D, 64 Go GSKILL 3200 ,Pimax 5k+ ,Hotas Warthog Thrustmaster , rudder Thrust ,ssd ultimate 1to M2, 4 Hd

• 2 weeks later...
Hello everyone ,

I just bought the F 5, and I encounter the same problem, as soon as I reach a certain speed level (500 to kts), the image on the screen begins to shake on all sides! ! and the plane becomes totally uncontrollable:(, both in internal and external view, at first I thought it was the VR that was involved, so I went back to the tracker Idem, the view tressaute of all the edges and controls have no effect, everything returns to normal when I go down speed, my DCS is totally up to date (upgrade from Friday, August 3)

I wonder what mistake I can make in the config of my Plane, or it is normal that the F5 does not support a certain speed, one of you has you the explanation?:pilotfly:

Hi Laurent, pleas check my post up, if you are not running DCS IN Sim mod your F-5 will fly Sutter in at a speed above 450 knots

Best regards

Intel® Core i7-7700K @4,20GHz - 64 Go RAM - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti - Windows Pro 64 bit - Stream Deck - HOTAS Warthog

Hello everyone ,

Hi Laurent, please check my post up, if you are not running DCS In Sim mod your F-5 will fly with a lot of sutter and unflyable at a speed above 450 knots.

Best regards