Mirage 2000C Missing Feature/Bug list

ThirtykayDEC

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I've had coffee now and the previous stuff I said didnt make much sense so I made this instead. On the right is the typical US B-scope, would you say the left one is an accurate depiction of the french one?

[ATTACH]194205[/ATTACH]

E: I've stared at this picture for 30 minutes now and I still can't make sense of the geometry. I need some coffee.

Yes, that's it, the left picture is French B-scope, the right is US B-scope.

On the Mirage they keep the PPI vector angle. So the vector is always relative to the North.

But now, I need a coffee too :megalol:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Cool,

I hope this last picture will make it clear for everyone.

As far as I'm concerned, I prefer the Mirage B-scope, but maybe because I'm French :D

B-scope.thumb.jpg.dc4b49cacb2f3a4d1dd8b6783739351c.jpg

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Might be correct, but it's still geometrically wrong. I'd be very surprised if this is the way B-scope works in French planes. You'd have a contact in a collision course move vertically but with a continuosly changing vector angle, which is inconsistent and completely defeats the purpose of a B-scope. e.g. how are you supposed to tell it's a collision course or slighly off? On a normal B-scope the line is vertical, on that B-scope you'd have to extend the vector and check it crosses the mid point of the lower scale.

Edited by Gliptal

I get this. Imagine how useless the vector line would be on a B-scope if the target was flanking? It would be moving all over the place and utterly impossible to tell a beaming target or indeed anywhere it was going other than towards you. It also will sync with the HUD aspect for correlation which remains the same. A Bscope vector is useless in every other aspect except hot. If the French got anything right it's this, because despite being a critical exception it is still absolutely intuitive.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Might be correct, but it's still geometrically wrong. I'd be very surprised if this is the way B-scope works in French planes. You'd have a contact in a collision course move vertically but with a continuosly changing vector angle, which is inconsistent and completely defeats the purpose of a B-scope. e.g. how are you supposed to tell it's a collision course or slighly off? On a normal B-scope the line is vertical, on that B-scope you'd have to extend the vector and check it crosses the mid point of the lower scale.

You are surprised, but did you try to follow the example about Mirage 2000-5 ?

And since the pilot can switch his scope between B-scope and PPI, I think it would be more confusing to rotate the target's velocity vector.

Target aspect are displayed both in HUD and VTB display (as complementary angles).

Head on:

HUD: 180°/ 135°

VTB: 000°/ 045°

Mirage fanatic !

A non-exhaustive list of thing that are not working in the Mirage:

To be fixed by Razbam:

-aircraft lim light not lighting up when aircraft reach his structural limit

-Police light not working , but works in Model Viewer, checked with arg

-Refueling light brightness knob not clickable

-HUD Brightness knob not clickable

-Magic Lock symbology wrong when locking with radar and magic it self should be a triangle instead of a circle

-Fire light not working

-FBW Channel 5 not working

-Circuit braker not clickable

-CM Box brightness knob not working

-Emergency gear lever not working

-FBW Test light always goes green even the FBW is faulted

-AP Test light always goes green even if the AP is faulted

-Refueling fuel flow to high approximately 1200 kg per minute instead of 500 kg per minute

-HUD decluter switch work with right click and left click, shoul be only right click

-HUD PRED/CCLT switch is not working

-ADI Day/Night backlighting change nothing

-ELEC & HYD light does not light up even if faulted

-FBW Reset button work but not animated

-nav RD mode not implemented

-nav DEC cant input manually value

-nav no synthetic runway for manually added waypoint

-PCA Logic to be corrected

-(Missing alarm sound, however not sure about this one)

-Alarm sound not adjustable

-CM Box auto release not modeled

-Nav light red is twice brighter than green one

-INS Markpoint not working, at least marking is working but coordinate when accessing them is 00 00 000 000 00 000.

-INS Update bug

-CCM Antenna bug, antenna doesn't going back to default position when locking to another target

-Radar antenna going back to default position when losing lock in BVR

-RD/RDO/Radar memory mode missing

-Super 530D lock tone missing

-gun shooting in safe mode bug.

-can't jettison 4 magic. bug

-some missing keybindings for rotaries

-correct modelling of the BLG 66 cluster bomb

-INS display bug (sometimes a bunch of zeroes will show up when switching modes)

-Engine power gauge "jumping" on the first digit (i.e. 19 to 20, 29 to 30 etc.)

-Light dimmed not synchronized in MP

-radar scan volume indication bugs after losing lock

-CCRP related bugs (INS, ...)

-Missing Radio Function Pal+G (transmit on both actual channel and guard channel).

-Matra Super 530D TTI Bug.

-CCM Boresight Bug.

-Hydrolic pressure n°2 always at 0 with engine running.

-All A/G Feature for the RDI Radar.

-HUD Symbology relating to magic interception cues, see post #74.

-missing Ejection seat disarm feature and pretty much all seat feature.

-missing Radio preset keybind.

-2.5 Quick alignment bug. see post #81.

-RDO Button TWS bug. see post #82.

-Slats not synchronized in MP.

-Missing S530D Locking Tone

-Missing Engine Start function (RShift-Home)

-Engine will start even not pressing DEMarrage pushbutton next to the pumps.

-Inaccurate CCIP/CCRP Snakeyes/Mk.82 computation on hard dive.

-CCIP Gun (CAS) Pipper bugged.

-Ripple bomb release: CCIP/CCRP calculate the point of impact of the first released bomb instead of the middle point of the ripple.

-Sounds. Doppler effect (high pitch-low pitch cyclic sounds, like in a flyby) can be heard in external views even when the distance camera-aicraft does not change, which is incorrect.

-Engine sound is muted inside the cockpit when the aircraft flies faster than Mach 1, which is incorrect.

-Missing keybinding.

-PRF Selector High -> Int -> Low" and "Low -> Int -> High" shortcuts not working.

-TOT/PAR Mode Toggle keybinding: At first press it works OK. For next switches, you need to press twice the keybinding.

-Position of multi-position switches not synchronized between HOTAS and simulator.

-Expended rocket canisters cannot be jettisoned because they disappear from the PCA.

-Closure rate of air target in TWS mode with target at close range. At less than 1-2NM aprox, closure rate switches to negative figures when closing in.

-After selecting and jettisioning external tank (RP), the radar in RWS will not lock any target because the RP is still hiddenly selected. You need to select eg an air to air missile so it deselects the RP.

-Close combat radar modes with Master Safe do work but you cannot see the HUD symbology.

To be fixed by ED:

-IFF Central Panel partially clickable / Not totally impleted in DCS

-Bug, Can't refuel the RP-541 in Air to air refueling, it stop at the internal capacity (3140 Kg instead of 6200 Kg)

To be verified:

-IFF Light not lighting up when transponder is damaged.

Fixed:

-Kneeboard not working 2.5 -CORRECTED ED SIDE

-Rvt vol light not lighting up when receiving fuel from tanker -CORRECTED

-Electro Pump not modeled apparently -CORRECTED

I hope you Razbam, will someday fix those bugs/ add missing feature.

To be updated.

Is this list up to date?

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

I get this. Imagine how useless the vector line would be on a B-scope if the target was flanking? It would be moving all over the place and utterly impossible to tell a beaming target or indeed anywhere it was going other than towards you. It also will sync with the HUD aspect for correlation which remains the same. A Bscope vector is useless in every other aspect except hot. If the French got anything right it's this, because despite being a critical exception it is still absolutely intuitive.

In my arms brother :beer:

I should have started by that, the beaming target is very good example !

It's really critical data for Fox 1 shooter.

Mirage fanatic !

Ha !, indeed it is a weird B-scope for sure. No wonder I drive French car in RL. @jojo, bro, how is that you are not giving more hard time to RAZBAM,since sure you are No.1 Mirage fan………The dark cockpit is mindboggling to me……..

My gaming screen is too bright :D

I need to calibrate it, also you can use cockpit lighting.

Pictures found on internet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, I do hope the M-2000 will get more attention.

But I read an article from a French journalist who described an air defense mission from the backseat of a Mirage 2000B flying with 4 others Mirage 2000C Vs 4 Mirage 2000D + 1 Rafale & 1 Mirage 2000C.

Despite what is missing:

- we can use the sensors pretty much like they do IRL.

- it's the best Mirage simulation I ever had.

So I try to build on what works in the module.

Also what of my past time used to be finding flight manuals online.

I have a bunch. So I know how hard it is to find data about the French fighters (compared to US fighters).

Yet Razbam managed to attract interest from FAF, and they said they will resume development with new data.

Plus it was their first module on DCS, so there has to be a learning curve.

It's taking more time than anticipated, but as long as they don't give up, it's ok for me.

IMG_0005.thumb.jpg.9ca7aa06f4e40ab814d61b555899d280.jpg

IMG_0007.thumb.jpg.b9e8961115cb7e4ddadd29778a3f7986.jpg

Mirage fanatic !

These are just pictures. I sat in the real one, it doesn't appear as dark, your eyes adapt. The effect in game after PBR changes is overdone.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Jojo, I stand corrected. The only way that TT matches the displayed screenshot is when vectors are PPI.

I should have started by that, the beaming target is very good example !

It's really critical data for Fox 1 shooter.

It is very bad example if you try to show that such display is better than classical B-scope. Beaming target on classical has constant angle 90deg, while PPI one is rotating.

sorry, where is the daily work on the mirage on this post? how come we dont have any MEANINGFUL update to the Mirage since 2017?

Did you watch the podcast ?

It is said almost word by word that RB work almost on each updates on the mirage.

I can't help you if you don't want to see it...

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Did you watch the podcast ?

It is said almost word by word that RB work almost on each updates on the mirage.

I can't help you if you don't want to see it...

I cant watch the video now. But even if we say it. Give me one update to the Mirage system in the last 6 months. Even last 12 months. I dont believe words if the hard reality points the opposite direction.

I cant watch the video now. But even if we say it. Give me one update to the Mirage system in the last 6 months. Even last 12 months. I dont believe words if the hard reality points the opposite direction.

Please, watch the video when you can, you will understand :).

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Damn, I thought that second photo was one with the DCS cockpit photoshopped onto it for a second.

Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, MiG-21bis, F-86F, AV-8B NA, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, A-29, Eurofighter Typhoon, A-6E, MiG-23MLA, Nevada, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Syria, Afghanistan

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5, Samsung Odyssey VR

• 2 weeks later...

According to the manual the Auto Pilot Max Roll is 65º (will return to 60º when engaged) (page. 64)

Currently in game the aircraft returns to 30º, limiting drastically the turn capability and making impossible to fly the landing pattern with the AP engaged as it should be.

According to the manual the Auto Pilot Max Roll is 65º (will return to 60º when engaged) (page. 64)

Currently in game the aircraft returns to 30º, limiting drastically the turn capability and making impossible to fly the landing pattern with the AP engaged as it should be.

Come on dude, be patient it's been only 2 years and 9 months... and something huge is coming so be a good customer and buy another module "almost" finished during the wait....

And in the meantime you can play with the HUD brightness, you will see it is something awesome. Up, down, up, down, up, down.... priority management, this is what we are talking about or what I am talking about because I feel a little bit alone now, no one carre about the mirage now :cry:

Gators

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The max roll also depends on your speed. So no, you won't get 60° in landing pattern.

Using the TRIM roll command, the AP will bank at 60° only at 450kt CAS and above.

At 150kt max bank angle is 30°.

So during landing pattern, SOP would be rather to use AP to hold level in straight lines and trim the aircraft, and use AP stand by during turns with the stick rather than AP trim command.

[Edit] Added the AP bank angle law.

- Vertical axis is bank angle

- Horizontal axis is speed

- full line is max bank angle at AP connection

- dashed lined is bank angle in selected heading (roll trim command with AP ON)

155715282_BankAngle.thumb.jpg.bdf2d91f1f523e2b088d01a8a102b87e.jpg

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

Thanks Jojo.

Is always a good thing check data before saying something is wrong.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4