MiG-21bis NEVADA BUG

Satarosa

Hello

I found several problems on the map Nevada,

Startup system as a random failure and that requires me to make a repair before flying.

In fact that only in Nevada I never had it on Caucasus, is very suspicious especially the electrical system that breaks almost constantly at startup..

The problem also for the Channel radio, would it not be possible to have pre-programed chanels for the Nevada map instead of having to configure all freq in the mission editor..

:cry:

Real War, Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCs1uki5QsyuHUdvtmWJTOg?view_as=subscriber

Real War, Voice Chat: https://discord.gg/UGa3KMe

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
Hello

I found several problems on the map Nevada,

Startup system as a random failure and that requires me to make a repair before flying.

In fact that only in Nevada I never had it on Caucasus, is very suspicious especially the electrical system that breaks almost constantly at startup..

The problem also for the Channel radio, would it not be possible to have pre-programed chanels for the Nevada map instead of having to configure all freq in the mission editor..

:cry:

Are you doing a battery start? Usually the MiG-21bis is started with ground power, which leaves you more time to check things around.

Before the startup, you could check the battery to see if there's a problem, so:

2. Check battery
panel    control/indicator               setting/value 
RH  52  bat/ext power                       ON  
RH  60  drain tank fuel pump                ON  
RH  57  #3 tank group fuel pump             ON  
RV  43  PO-750 inverter start #1 breaker    ON  
RV  17  radio systems                       ON  
CM  76  check: voltmeter                    >= 22.5 V   
CL  66  check: battery capacity             >= 40 Ah    
RV  17  radio systems                       off 
RV  43  PO-750 inverter start #1 breaker    off 
RH  57  #3 tank group fuel pump             off 
RH  60  drain tank fuel pump                off 
RH  52  bat/ext power                       off 

(the panel indications are related to the DCS manual)

I did the check and it was fine. I did both the battery and external power start-up procedures and had no problem, at NTTR in DCS 2.5.3.23954. I have attached the official procedures from the manual you can find on Avialogs for ex., in case it helps.

I completely agree with you on the radio channels :) I made a template that I'm copying for each new mission, to avoid the trouble.

Mig21bis_procedures.pdf

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

This module does have a fragility of electrical systems and a finite battery. With the latest OB version the engine started and ran for some time with only the following from a cold state:

1. Battery ON

2. Starter-generator ON

3. Throttle unlatched to idle

4. Starter button pressed until caution light comes on (2 sec)

You shouldn't turn on very much electrical for engine start. Only No. 1 inverter is needed for oil pressure gauge and DC generator reduces battery load once engine starts. AC generator, No. 2 converter come on after engine is turning. Fire extinguisher is required for obvious safety reasons and cone should be on but it doesn't really matter at ground idle. Officially service tank pump should be on but it can start without it. Everything else radio, RSBN, gyros, fuel pumps etc. should be off.

I never had any problem with external power, but I've also done quite a few cold starts from the battery and never got any problem... except once when I took too much time (1st time while reading the manual) :)

The battery does have a tendancy to deplete rapidly once you connect a few devices, like most airplanes.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Are you doing a battery start? Usually the MiG-21bis is started with ground power, which leaves you more time to check things around.

Before the startup, you could check the battery to see if there's a problem, so:

2. Check battery
panel    control/indicator               setting/value 
RH  52  bat/ext power                       ON  
RH  60  drain tank fuel pump                ON  
RH  57  #3 tank group fuel pump             ON  
RV  43  PO-750 inverter start #1 breaker    ON  
RV  17  radio systems                       ON  
CM  76  check: voltmeter                    >= 22.5 V   
CL  66  check: battery capacity             >= 40 Ah    
RV  17  radio systems                       off 
RV  43  PO-750 inverter start #1 breaker    off 
RH  57  #3 tank group fuel pump             off 
RH  60  drain tank fuel pump                off 
RH  52  bat/ext power                       off 

(the panel indications are related to the DCS manual)

I did the check and it was fine. I did both the battery and external power start-up procedures and had no problem, at NTTR in DCS 2.5.3.23954. I have attached the official procedures from the manual you can find on Avialogs for ex., in case it helps.

I completely agree with you on the radio channels :) I made a template that I'm copying for each new mission, to avoid the trouble.

Thanks for the infos

Real War, Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCs1uki5QsyuHUdvtmWJTOg?view_as=subscriber

Real War, Voice Chat: https://discord.gg/UGa3KMe

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Interesting. I fly the MiG-21 since it has been released and I do cold starts without external power exclusivly and have never had an issue with the battery.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg