Sling load

RePhil

is there a sling load tutorial out there ? I find there is a sorrowful lack training instruction with the Huey for such a popular air frame

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

Do you mean tutorial missions or simply videos? I don't think there are tutorial missions but you can easily find videos on YouTube IMO. The quality may vary. They probably more or less say to have reference points (e.g. a building, lines on the ground). First thing to learn for sure is to master a clean hover.

I'm no RL pilot nor a pro but what I do is simply go to a hover in front of the cargo, facing into the wind. Then slightly move forward, listening to the commands (forward, 10) and of course very sutbile inputs. Some only do a short forward and then back again. Depending on your controls, I recommend to use trim a log - unless you have a cyclic with no spring that stays in position.

Worth remembering you can land right next to the crate (within 6 feet or so) and hook up from there - you don't need to master a hover in order to pick it up.

If you're really interested in slinging, I suggest you jump on the Dynamic Caucasus server, discord is here: https://discordapp.com/invite/r6szdwq It's the only one of the mainstream MP servers (as far as I'm aware) that has proper sling-loading, with the rope, activated on it. You'll find plenty of experts there, and lots of people willing to show you how to get started.