Communications menu confusion

ophiuchus

Thanks for fun module. So I use realistic comms, and I bound Radio Button, and INT Button to my joystick however, there is "ralt+" command that is "push to talk". If I press either of the first two mouse coursor starts to flicker, but nothing else happens. Comms menu shows after pressing third option.

Noticed this too. Amperemeter needle fluctuates with pressing the throttle radio button.

Maybe not implemented yet?

Is there a list with not implemented systems? So we could look into and don't need to create false bug reports, cause things won't work and are known at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Same here. Comms menu shows after pressing third option but only when the aircraft is on the ground, when flying I cant get the comms meny at all until Im back on the ground again.

Hi,

Same is happening to me on a mission I created. On the ground it works perfectly, but once I get airborne, I lose it until I land.

Any tips?

Tks in advance,

Sydy

Same here. Comms menu shows after pressing third option but only when the aircraft is on the ground, when flying I cant get the comms meny at all until Im back on the ground again.

Hi Agent,

Today I figured it out. It is a matter of binding.

On the ground, COMM Communications Menu (\) is what brings the comm menu up and in flight, COMM Push to Talk (RAlt+\) is what works.

The VHF Push to Talk binding doesn't work at all at this moment.

All the best,

Sydy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

still not fixed.

i want to bind the Radio PTT button to my hotas and while i see the button activate in the virtual cockpit it does not open the comms menu. Using the mouse to click on the PTT button works.

when going back to the controls menu, the binding did not get safed (weirdly enough, the previously binded button still triggers the button animation in the cockpit even though it is not listed at binded after exiting the controls menu).

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Sorry for bumping the thread NineLine but in 2.5.5 beta (21/06/19) PTT only works if pressed with the mouse.

To have both methods is the best option.

The comms only works with the mouse and not with a hotas! Why hasn't it been fixed yet?

-royphsle

F-16C:thumbup:

i7-4790 CPU 3.60GHz | 16 GB RAM | MSI GTX-960 Gaming 4GB | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 3 years later...

It's December 1st 2020 and I cannot get the comms menu to come up with any of the Radio mappings or clicking on the throttle radio PTT buttons, it would be nice to be able to call up the Ground Crew for a repair.  Thanks Newie! / to whom it may concern.

VR rig - stinkin' cool!

It seems for me at least the only way I can get the comms menu up is by pressing a button I have mapped to the comms button on the throttle.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Comms menu still not working. Even with buttons bound to aircraft control movement. Not even the Comms menu is coming up. Tried pressing the radio PTT or Intercom button in game, no joy. I’ve tried rebinding but no joy. I really want to fly the campaigns that someone has quite painstakingly put together but requires the use of comms. Please Eagle Dynamics, do something with this module.

On 10/1/2023 at 9:30 PM, Freakmeister51 said:

Comms menu still not working. Even with buttons bound to aircraft control movement. Not even the Comms menu is coming up. Tried pressing the radio PTT or Intercom button in game, no joy. I’ve tried rebinding but no joy. I really want to fly the campaigns that someone has quite painstakingly put together but requires the use of comms. Please Eagle Dynamics, do something with this module.

Are you sure you have bound them correctly? Can you double check?
As stated above, backslash "\" is only for ground comms, and will not bring up the radio menu while in the air. I've highlighted it in red. All those in green works fine for me.
BTW. It is pretty much like this in every module, so just stop using "\", and start using "RAlt + \" instead for single radio/PTT modules.

Cheers!

image.png

• Like 1

On 10/7/2023 at 5:20 AM, MAXsenna said:

Are you sure you have bound them correctly? Can you double check?
As stated above, backslash "\" is only for ground comms, and will not bring up the radio menu while in the air. I've highlighted it in red. All those in green works fine for me.
BTW. It is pretty much like this in every module, so just stop using "\", and start using "RAlt + \" instead for single radio/PTT modules.

Cheers!

image.png

Thanks for the message Max. I’ll try again, the in-game radio buttons move but definitely do not produce a comma menu as with other modules.

• Like 1

Thanks for the message Max. I’ll try again, the in-game radio buttons move but definitely do not produce a comma menu as with other modules.
This is really strange. Different users, different modules have similar issue I can't reproduce. Have you tried to uninstall mods, if any, and do a repair?

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk