PvP EVENT: TACTICAL RECON (F-86, MiG-15, TF-51)

SeaQuark

EfcJbGX.jpg

KOREA! 1952 is hosting a coordinated Recon / Ground Attack multiplayer event. Sunday, November 12th, at 2100 UTC.

**** Mustang pilots-- please have your controls set up for the TF-51 (unarmed version of the plane).

• Mustangs will serve as Recon / FAC: search for ground units, report their location over the radio, and talk Strike flights onto target
  • Sabres will strike ground targets + fly CAP
  • Mig-15s will attempt to ruin Blue Team's day

We will meet directly in the server at 2100. Briefing + mission will both be entirely over SimpleRadio. Just hop in your plane, power up your radios, and tune to the corresponding frequency for your aircraft (listed above) by 2100.

GENERAL REQUIREMENTS:

• Have SimpleRadio installed, tested, and working. No exceptions.
  • Be proficient in your plane of choice. Take-off, landing, drop tanks, ordnance, external lights, etc.
  • Understand how to operate your plane's radio, and be comfortable switching channels / frequencies in flight.
  • Understand how to plot & interpret MGRS grid references. e.g. "FJ2662"
  • Be prepared to fly as part of a team-- follow orders from your flight lead & squadron commander.

If you are able to attend, please post below with your plane of choice. Positions are available unless noted otherwise.

SIGNUP SHEET:

SABRES:

morpheus

Grumpy

7st_AH Rob

7st_AH Mastiff

7st_AH Shamrock

7st_AH Barnacles

pawel

MUSTANGS:

SeaQuark

Bug

Balzarog

MIGS:

SHaDoW STeP BG

<51>Rage

FF*RFJack*13

FF*CMF*04

Metzger

(A/229) Showtime

Nmmogjl.jpg

BLUE BRIEFING:

Radio check-in at 2100, on COLT channel (C / 10).

F-51 take-off at 2115.

F-86 take-off at 2130. Steer to HOLDING POINT X-RAY (TBD).

F-51s will search for targets within approx. 30 mile radius of BULLSEYE. When you find a target, switch to GUARD channel (D), call out grid reference and target description. Repeat your transmission, then return to COLT channel © to await further instructions.

Next available F-86 flight at X-Ray will be tasked for the target. Swicth to COLT channel (10), and ask F-51 for talk-on to target. When target is destroyed, call it in on Guard that you are ready for additional tasking. Return to X-Ray and await next reported target. Recon F-51 plane will be released to search for additional targets.

Keep unnecessary radio chatter to a minimum. Flight leads will handle all comms between flights.

Continue for as long as fuel / ordnance permits. Upon RTB, flight leads will note # of targets destroyed vs any flight casualties. Deliver After Action Report to SeaQuark on forums.

RED BRIEFING:

Radio check-in at 2100, on wave# 151.

Take-off at 2130. When airborne, flights will tune to their predetermined Flight Mission frequencies, and patrol 30-40 mile radius of Bullseye.

Each flight will be tasked with a primary area + altitude-range of responsibility. Search for contacts visually and by listening for Air Warning Command alerts. Once contact is made with the enemy, pursue & destroy, then return to your patrol area.

Continue for as long as fuel / ammunition permits. Upon RTB, flight leads will note # of enemy aircraft destroyed vs any flight casualties. Deliver After Action Report to SeaQuark on forums.

---------------------

The KOREA! 1952 server is open 24/7. Stop by anytime to practice your skills, and familiarize yourself with the server. See the general server thread here.

Edited by SeaQuark

Good afternoon SeaQuark, I received your invite on Discord. My better half has some plans for this afternoon, but I'll try to make it in a mustang (event is 1600 here). If I remember correctly, TP-51 controls have no weapons controls, correct?

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

Correct, no armament on the TF-51.

I will have 2 regular P-51 slots available just in case someone doesn't have their TF-51 set up. But the goal of the 51s for this mission is not to engage ground units, only to spot them, radio their location, and talk the F-86 Strike flights onto target.

i.e. they will be acting as Recon / Forward Air Control.

Note that the TF-51 version is lighter, more nimble, and has better cockpit visibility than the P-51, so it really does make an ideal recon plane.

Thanks for the event! I enjoyed it.

I was able to damage a Sabre before I was damaged myself. Limped home being chased by 3 other Sabres. Landed and shortly after our base was being attacked. I scrambled but was strafed taking off and had to crash land shortly after.

S!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22