Middle Mouse Button Head Movement

Hey all - i just updated to newest open beta version. I noticed that when in cockpit and i double click my middle mouse button to flip switches, that when i double click the middle mouse button again I can no longer move my head. instead it moves my whole body.

has anyone else noticed this change? its really throwing my for a loop as I can no longer easily go between head movement and switch flipping. i'm not sure what to do :helpsmilie:

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

I think it's always been like this. Simply double click middle button again to go back to cursor mode.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

if it moves your whole body, just press the mouse wheel again once and then it will let you move your FOV. It doesn't do this very often but it can happen.

i agree it used to behave like this every once in a while but now it's doing it EVERY time.

previous action: double clicking middle mouse button would switch between head ROTATION and button clicking. holding down the middle mouse button would enable head TRANSLATION.

new action: begin with mouse moving head ROTATION. double click middle mouse button to flip switches, double click middle mouse button again and mouse movement is stuck with head TRANSLATION.

to get back to normal head rotation i have to either to go outside view and then back into cockpit view. or press and hold middle mouse button, move the mouse a little, and let go.

can anyone else confirm it's behaving this way so I know it's not just me?

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

I posted a bug thread for 2.0 in mid-august about this change in functions:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=192267

FWIW, this has happened previously too. ED did eventually fix it.

yeah i noticed the weird change in 2.0 as well, however this is the first time i've noticed it in 1.5.

and it's a slightly different bug. have you checked it out?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Still a problem, still making DCS very difficult to use, especially as it's now in the release branch.

@ED testers: Is this logged?

@dresoccer4: We can get around it by using the keyboard shortcut l-alt+c for now.

thanks for chiming in. was wondering if i was the only one that was this frustrated. thanks for the tip, ill see if i can get used to that method for now :thumbup: