2017, Forum Moderation

NineLine

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A big thanks to all the moderators outstanding job, looking forward to 2017.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

The great thing about the rules and the guidelines is generally everyone thinks its me that got them when generally its BIGNEWY or Skatezilla lol....

2017 New Years resolution, get BN to be assumed as evil as me

Well my friend, you cautioned me about a BMS thread a few years ago, heck it may be like 7 or 8 year by now. I think it was back in 09 when BlackShark was it.

I love catching you on a PM when a thread get closed or out of control. Sometimes a thread gets closed while I am thinking of the most smart a$$ thing to write. Love the community and it is a privilege to have this forum.

Edited by Scooternutz
I am terrible at spelling! GEEZ!

• ED Team
I'm expecting to read some rather entertaining threads on certain other forums about this thread :)

Of course, I am flattered by all the attention they give me, but honestly, this is more than me that makes up this community, its the Devs, its the entire moderation team and its all of you. We all have our bad days, but 99% of the time, we come back from it better. I cant sweat the few that don't want to make a positive effort, unfortunately that is why we need a permanent option.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

DCS Worlds (the planes and this forum) are pretty much THE hobby for me other than picking my nose or flirting with strange women. Throughout the week, I work hard to pay rent, buy food (and Coca Cola!!!!), and put gas in the car. The weekends are MINE. This is when DCS and I have our love affair. My wife barely speaks English but she does know two phrases and uses them at me occasionally: "Altitude! Altitude!" and "Pull up! Pull Up." (She thinks I have a bad "altitude" if I yell at her for something.)

You've done a great job as The Moderator, Sith. If I recall correctly (and don't bet that I can because I'm old, decrepit and have caught a viral case of Alzheimer's), you climbed on my case about something one day a year or so ago. I was surprised that you rubbed my nose it what I wrote... until I re-read what I wrote. You were right. Fortunately, you didn't ban me.... at least, I don't recall that!:)) You've become a standard fixture here, my friend. We have come to depend on you to be here for us. (Well, most of us.)

Thank you for the work you're doing here.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

Appreciate the free time you give up for this, I wouldn't do it, even for money, let alone the sneak preview. Herding cats is one thing, but unpaid herding cats is a recipe for brain damage. Say if you get some time this year, there's some spring cleaning to do in a lot of the forums, especially the scripting ones where stuff is dated. The condition of some of the stickies really sets my OCD on edge :)

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

This thread is quite awesome , never ever seen so much propaganda bs..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't quite see why, you can sum the post up with...

"We added rules, that annoyed a lot of people... the rules are here to stay."

Now I can see why Sithspawns post is construed in a bad light, has he annoyed me with a ban hammer.... yes, did I break a rule (through gritted teeth) yes...

Does that give me the right to be incredibly insulting on this or other forums, not really it is not personal.

P.S. Please don't ban me for this :D;)

P.S.S.

I get the feeling that a lot of bad blood perhaps made its way over here from the defunct banana forums, which had an apt name people did go bananas over there... so perhaps a rule change was need to stem the tide.

Edited by Krupi

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

• ED Team

Well I am sorry you feel that way, but calling it propaganda is hardly fair I think...

The definintion of propaganda states:

capitalized : a congregation of the Roman curia having jurisdiction over missionary territories and related institutions

: the spreading of ideas, information, or rumor for the purpose of helping or injuring an institution, a cause, or a person

: ideas, facts, or allegations spread deliberately to further one's cause or to damage an opposing cause; also : a public action having such an effect

Nothing in this post is doing any of this, I only meant to point where we started, the journey we have been on and where I hope we take it, as a community, going forward.

We all have areas we could improve, I am sure you could have worded your post in a more constructive manner, or maybe if it bothered you so much, you could have ignored it, although I am glad you didnt, I am happy to hear the good and the bad on this, its how we get better.

Do mind the rules of course...

64Sig.png

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• ED Team

You are one of the guys that makes it tough, you and a couple others argue so passionately about all things WWII, but sometimes its just too much, I dont think you have ever gotten more than a day or week right?

All I ever ask is, discuss, debate, but when it gets heated, step back and re-read your post before you hit enter. I enjoy 99% of your contributions, but when it gets personal, its not fun for anyone, and I cant imagine its fun for you either.

I don't quite see why, you can sum the post up with...

"We added rules, that annoyed a lot of people... the rules are here to stay."

Now I can see why Sithspawns post is construed in a bad light, has he annoyed me with a ban hammer.... yes, did I break a rule (through gritted teeth) yes...

Does that give me the right to be incredibly insulting on this or other forums, not really it is not personal.

P.S. Please don't ban me for this :D;)

P.S.S.

I get the feeling that a lot of bad blood perhaps made its way over here from the defunct banana forums, which had an apt name people did go bananas over there... so perhaps a rule change was need to stem the tide.

64Sig.png

Can't we all just enjoy the wonder of flight and military aviation that the sim gives us? I think we should welcome any and all voluntary communication from ED and the forum mods. This is a great place for many and offers so much in the form of information and enjoyment. Instead of negative posts, I believe that any and all disagreements should be settled by a duel in the air like real gentlemen! Now lets enjoy what we have and look forward to what the future holds.

• Like 1

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

• ED Team

P.S.S.

Occasionally I do searches on different things on the net, and I know for the WWII stuff, you can see some of the same arguments in older places that get brought up here. This includes some of the same people. I dont want to see that propagated over here, but I want those people to stay and contribute, because if they have been doing this, for a long time, they must have some great stuff to contribute... just do it without the name calling :)

64Sig.png

• ED Team
Can't we all just enjoy the wonder of flight and military aviation that the sim gives us? I think we should welcome any and all voluntary communication from ED and the forum mods. This is a great place for many and offers so much in the form of information and enjoyment. Instead of negative posts, I believe that any and all disagreements should be settled by a duel in the air like real gentlemen! Now lets enjoy what we have and look forward to what the future holds.

I agree, and it is why I am here, this hobby of mine has given me great joy though some difficult personal times, now my hobby is much more, I help test, I help moderate, I even assist with technical support on occasions when things get busy.

We do have a great community, I have made many new friendships here with people from all over the world.

As a person I dislike negativity, it is not in my nature to put up with it, I tend to move on from any that I see and focus on what I enjoy, flying and helping People.

2017 is going to be a big year for us all, some great times ahead. :thumbup:

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Look forward to a new year with all you guys that help run the show around here:thumbup: never EZ :megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

2017 is going to be a great year for DCS and the community as a whole. Would love to meet you guys, you're all always welcome to say hello/message me. Let's make 2017 the best year DCS has seen yet! I truly believe that it will be. :)

Come join a passionate community of flight simmers everyday, live at

16hnv2f.png

PC Specs

Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.4GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7

Corsair Vengeance LED 2666MHz 32GB DDR4

H115i 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

EVGA GeForce 980Ti Hybrid (built-in liquid cooling)

EVGA SuperNova 750W 80+Gold

Samsung NVMe 950PRO M.2 SSD 512GBx2

Forum moderation is a thankless job. Really. And I think that the moderators here have a very fine line that they are trying to follow. I do not envy them their task. They are never going to be seen as right when they have to intervene and us simmers can be a passionate, passionate group.

They need to protect the brand and the atmosphere while striving to find a way where critical feedback (beneficial criticism) can occur without getting out of hand. And that ain't easy.

Hey! We love our hobby! We want to see more! We want to see better!

I would love to see forum software that could detect tone and institute a cool down period before some people could throw up a post. Then, if you still want to do it, well that is up to you. The largest problem we fall into as a group is being so passionate about what we want and often, instead of admitting that we might have been aggressive or personal with post we get defensive and double down on the rhetoric. That and we fail to manage our own expectations.

I am thankful for the moderators here. I might not agree everything that happens but I would rather this than having a steaming pile of aggressive negativity permeating the group. I just wish that people would be less polarizing in expressing their opinions and that they stay away from trying to be the loudest voice in the room - that is not how you get results.

Fridge

----------

Things which do you no good in aviation:

1) Altitude above you;

2) Runway behind you;

3) Fuel in the truck;

4) The airspeed you don't have.

I think this forum is as good as it possibly could be. There will always be dissenters, but that seems to me to be handled rationally, and without malice or prejudice.

The internet, by definition, will always bring out the worst in people, and it speaks volumes that I only ever have felt it necessary to put an ignore on one person. Yes, it gets personal, but the vast majority of the time things get settled without too much heartache.

Sith and the other moderators do an excellent job. I, like most here, have at times said stuff that I later wished I hadn't, and given the moderators work to do. At the end of the day though, we're all still here, and that alone is enough of an endorsement for the sterling work put in by cooler heads.

Thanks, you make the UN seem amateurs!

• Like 1

nice post ,

always feeling treated professionally and with respect here...

I have probably more forum hours than flight time hours in DCS

;-)

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

The most highly accurate, cutting edge flight simulation technology that's in a difficult stage of development, that can always be that little bit better in some area, mix that in with extremely passionate aviation enthusiasts in many areas, some seem to count the rivets around here! Then add in some of the younger crowd that find it hard to be patient that have grown up with having instant gratification and expect everything to be instantly perfect.

Does that sound like something you would want to look after and manage?

I do like all the old ninety's sims too, I also like FSX and the such, DCS tho is very much in a league of it’s own here with the very accurate systems and flight models that I do enjoy learning, can some of it’s world be better? Yes of course and it will be no doubt, but I definitely feel that each of the modules I have bought (I own most of them) are worth every cent I have spent and the sim itself is only going to get better and better once the still very new graphics engine is merged and polished.

The nineties had more of the feeling like you're there with great stories and game play, because of the limited technology at the time.

DCS is as close as we can get to training up for the real thing. Take one look at the 476th for example and how close they're able to do it by the real book as IRL. Some very passionate bunch of guys that push hard for perfection in the sim.

This here also makes managing this community very hard because many have different ideas to how it should be done and the direction DCS perhaps should be going, such as perhaps building faked chess playing battle game for the imagination and feeling of battle or to build multiple highly accurate developed system and flight simulations played out in real time like the military would use.

I know which one I would prefer now with today's available technology, especially with VR coming into full swing. Now where is my F18 and instant gratification lol.

9v-33jcEDk4

• Like 1

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link