Flickering shadows dcs 1.5 in VR

I experience it with the latest NVidea drivers and the Rift. In DCS just hit RCTRL + NUMPAD 1 and that should sort it... sometimes RCTL + NUM1, then RCTL _ NUM4 then RCTL + NUM1...

Its related to AWS... official function of those keys...

• CTRL+Numpad1: Disable ASW, go back to the origional ATW mode
  • CTRL+Numpad2: Force apps to 45Hz, ASW disabled
  • CTRL+Numpad3: Force apps to 45Hz, ASW enabled
  • CTRL+Numpad4: Enable auto-ASW

You can of course roll back to earlier drivers... August did not have this issue...

Hope this helps...

SIGBLOCK.png

I experience it with the latest NVidea drivers and the Rift. In DCS just hit RCTRL + NUMPAD 1 and that should sort it... sometimes RCTL + NUM1, then RCTL _ NUM4 then RCTL + NUM1...

Its related to AWS... official function of those keys...

• CTRL+Numpad1: Disable ASW, go back to the origional ATW mode
  • CTRL+Numpad2: Force apps to 45Hz, ASW disabled
  • CTRL+Numpad3: Force apps to 45Hz, ASW enabled
  • CTRL+Numpad4: Enable auto-ASW

You can of course roll back to earlier drivers... August did not have this issue...

Hope this helps...

I have the nvidia drivers from august already , latest drivers caused me a lot of issues

Will try it when i reach home and give a feedback

Thanks bro

I'm not using VR. I use a 2560x1080 34" monitor and have old 368.39 nvidia drivers. I just started getting these flickering shadows a few updates ago.

Open alpha has this issue too: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=188574

Edited by Winston 60

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

I'm not using VR. I use a 2560x1080 34" monitor and have old 368.39 nvidia drivers. I just started getting these flickering shadows a few updates ago.

Open alpha has this issue too: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=188574

I believe these are 2 different issues...

In VR with the rift anyway, recently you can get a 'shimmer' when you move your head... this is not consistent and comes and goes but disabling ASW cures it immediately.

Flickering shadows could be another issue but I suspect settings and equipment used have a lot to do with it.

SIGBLOCK.png

Yes. Two different issues. I get massive tree and building shadow flickering also in 2D+TrackIr, when looking around at the ground from certain altitudes (angles). Usually I can easily just go into F2 view and "find" the sweet angle that makes the shadows flicker like crazy. I don't use flat shadows.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

Try to remove your oculus from the head, and put them on .... It solves at least for me, I discovered that pure ramdomly one time I removed The oculus to clean the lenses....

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick