Small monitors for MFD export

I've looking at getting 2 small monitors to use as MFD exports which and plan to attach the cougar MFD controllers to. The most popular brand seems to be Lilliput. However they are quite expensive in my country and shipping from the US makes it worse. Does anyone just use generic/unbranded monitors or are there cheaper alternatives to Lilliput? i would love to get 1 large monitor and just attach the MFDs to it, but my desk space is hurting at the moment.

Saitek X-52 | Track IR 5 w/ TrackClip | DSD "Trackzilla" Button Box

Flaming Cliffs 3 | F-5e | Mirage 2000 | A-10c | Harrier AV-8B

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Try looking up a USB3 monitor perhaps, the AOC for $130 is OK providing you have a good MOBO.

My belief is that you'll then require the CPU to render the second screen, not your GPU. Which may impact performance of the system as a whole.

Edit: I think the USB signaled monitor uses a software (CPU) based driver, whereas using a HDMI input monitor basically means your GPU has to render a few more pixels.

Edited by Thermal

I used 2 unbranded 7in in-car monitors from Amazon ... About £25 each running ..

How do you connect them?

Do these Raspberry Pi screens with the HDMI input work without a Raspberry Pi?

Like these:

https://www.amazon.com.au/MagiDeal-800x480-Capacitive-Display-Raspberry/dp/B078MTKG12/ref=sr_1_7?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1520499777&sr=1-7&keywords=touch+screen

This is the monitor I use.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06XK45T74/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Single hdmi connection at 1920x1080 fits both Thrustmaster MFD bezels side by side perfectly.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

• 2 years later...

@tempusmurphy Hi there , i am new on this topic.......so if I understand correctly , I buy for example 2 x 7 inch monitor and just connect them via hdmi to the pc ? 

with the understanding that my graphics card has 3 hdmi connections then ? lost there .... can you guide me ? brgds Maks

and if it works , how to you transfer the mfd for ex of the f16 to them?  I read cubesim makes special Lua file to postion them correctly ? do I need to do this then also myself or is there another way ?