Complete Transport and Logistics Deployment - CTLD

We've been using CTLD but have found that as soon as one soldier is killed out of a group the soldiers just sit in the same place forever. We've even set them as immortal but every once in awhile one of them still dies and then the same thing happens. Anyone know how to overcome this problem?

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We've been using CTLD but have found that as soon as one soldier is killed out of a group the soldiers just sit in the same place forever. We've even set them as immortal but every once in awhile one of them still dies and then the same thing happens. Anyone know how to overcome this problem?

That's probably not a CTLD issue but more of a general mission issue. The soldiers stop because they're under fire or enemies are near by.

Try setting the soldiers alarm state to green. This can be done as a waypoint action I think but someone better with the editor than I can probably help you more. When the alarm state is green, the soldiers won't engage enemies and will just walk their waypoint. However they can easily all be killed in this state if they're under heavy fire.

More info here:

http://wiki.hoggit.us/view/DCS_option_alarmState

It might even be worth making a new post for help with mission building if you don't manage to solve it.

Hope that helps! :)

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Hi Ciribob,

Got a problem with DCS that affects your script. In MP, when you have multiple choppers in a group they all have the same group ID then they all get the same scripting message to each person.

The fix is obviously single unit groups, but may be worth highlighting as it's a 1.5 new issue.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Hi Ciribob,

Got a problem with DCS that affects your script. In MP, when you have multiple choppers in a group they all have the same group ID then they all get the same scripting message to each person.

The fix is obviously single unit groups, but may be worth highlighting as it's a 1.5 new issue.

Thanks Pikey, I'm going to add some text in bold somewhere so people don't have the same issue. It'll be an issue for any other script that uses the F10 menu to do something for the player that called it.

There's no way round it currently (other than individual groups as you did) as you can only add F10 Radio commands per group, as well as only message groups, not individual units.

Maybe in the future there will be addCommandForUnit and outTextForUnit but until then all player aircraft need to be in separate groups as it used to be in 1.2.

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Can you make the crate slinging hover requirements a changeable option without having to go through thousands of lines of LUA?

So instead of having to hover for 10 seconds, it can be easily set to require more or less at the mission creator's discretion. Same for hover height, and area around the crate.

New version of the CTLD Script v.1.45 - 1.5 and 1.2 Compatible!

Make sure you have the new MIST 4.0.57 !

Change log:

• Added indicator for number of crates required to build something. Shown in brackets e.g. M109 (3) indicates it needs 3 crates to build
  • Re-organised F10 Troop Menu slightly. Merged Unload / Extract into one (as in old script and on MD Sims)
  • Added new easy config settings for the simulated sling loads as requested

Sorry again for the flurry of updates. Fingers crossed this'll be it for a while unless there's a bug :)

Happy Christmas! :xmas:

Please see Readme and Github for latest code and how to use

Link:https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD

As always, please let me know if you have any issues or suggestions!

*** FOR 1.5 or 2.0: Make sure all human players are in separate groups / flights ***

f10amount.JPG.a42dc0a0737e0a7ae20ddb12494dc012.JPG

f10load.JPG.52641080c7fe5e725746ef49cec26e16.JPG

Nice, thanks mate!:thumbup: Happy Holidays to you and yours.santa.gif

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

New version of the CTLD Script v.1.50 - 1.5 and 1.2 Compatible!

Change log:

• Rewrote Multi Part AA System building, fixing HAWK not firing on 1.5 BUG
  • Added ctld.spawnGroupAtPoint as requested
  • Added 326 KHz to the beacon frequency ignore list as requested

Bug fix for HAWK firing. You now need to add a HAWK PCP crate as well in 1.5/2.0. As the HAWK now takes an extra crate to build, i've added another configuration option "ctld.hawkLaunchers" which by default is 5 to try to balance the system out against the KUB.

New AA systems are now easy to add as well, just ask if you want any other systems adding. :)

Big thank you for jweisner & Grimes for spotting and diagnosing the problem as well as.

Happy Christmas! :xmas:

Link 1.5/2.0:https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD

Link 1.2:https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD/tree/5b166f8d89584ef215691779e2d3aa76609a9aff

*** FOR 1.5 or 2.0: Make sure all human players are in separate groups / flights ***

Video of new HAWK System building:

Hi Ciribob,

Everything going smooth with your CTLD, thanks! A while back you were looking at features and this is a feature request, let me sell it to you as i think it may hit a wider audience.

The JTAC automation is really pretty cool, we've often been surprised by their "can-do" attitude! Now to the fold comes the M-2000C, we already have A-10C that can and does benefit. I went to your script to see if I can use it to spawn these monster JTACs without having to pick them up and drop them, most of the code is there.

I saw:

ctld.spawnCrate(_arguments)

ctld.unpackCrates(_arguments)

But the functions seem to check for heli's or otherwise are too vague for me to try to use in a code snippet.

Ideally the end scenario is a code snippet to call from CTLD that directly spawns a CTLD JTAC in a trigger zone and lase targets...perhaps even talk back a bit/option smoke etc woudl be cherry on top, or the ability for the code to do as such.

Is this possible?

Hi Ciribob,

Everything going smooth with your CTLD, thanks! A while back you were looking at features and this is a feature request, let me sell it to you as i think it may hit a wider audience.

The JTAC automation is really pretty cool, we've often been surprised by their "can-do" attitude! Now to the fold comes the M-2000C, we already have A-10C that can and does benefit. I went to your script to see if I can use it to spawn these monster JTACs without having to pick them up and drop them, most of the code is there.

I saw:

ctld.spawnCrate(_arguments)

ctld.unpackCrates(_arguments)

But the functions seem to check for heli's or otherwise are too vague for me to try to use in a code snippet.

Ideally the end scenario is a code snippet to call from CTLD that directly spawns a CTLD JTAC in a trigger zone and lase targets...perhaps even talk back a bit/option smoke etc woudl be cherry on top, or the ability for the code to do as such.

Is this possible?

The JTAC script is actually one of the first scripts I wrote and originally had nothing to do with CTLD so you can use it in a different way and dont need to go down the route of involving crates.

Basically add any unit you like to the mission editor, a good one is an unarmed Hummer or even a predator drone. If you dont want the JTAC to appear straight away, use late activation as normal and a timer or other trigger to activate the unit.

Separately, have a DO SCRIPT after CTLD and MIST has loaded that does:

ctld.JTACAutoLase("JTAC GROUP NAME",1688)

Which'll activate the unit as a JTAC when the unit is activated later in the mission.

Full documentation and options (Smoke, targets etc) here: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD#jtac-automatic-targeting-and-laser

Attached is a sample night mission (so you can see the IR pointer when your turn on NV) that shows two JTACS. One late activating and spawning in, the other working from the start.

CTLD-JTAC-Night.miz

Crikey. Exceeded my expectations by a whopping amount, sir, thank you!

No worries, it's nice being able to solve a problem without changing anything! :D

I was thinking though, should I create a separate thread that people can add to that isnt for discussion with simple examples of common things to do with CTLD (and/or other scripts)? Its easy for things to get lost in this thread as its pretty long now! Would you guys be able to contribute examples of stuff you've done with CTLD?

Maybe a thread with a post format like:

Name: Troop Pickup / Drop off Mission

Scripts & Links: CTLD 1.5, MIST 4.0.57, etc

Keywords: Some Key Words?

Description / Briefing: A simple example showing picking up of troops, troops doing and task at a point and then RTB. This is done using a DO SCRIPT etc...

Not really sure how popular the script is or how many missions its in so might not be worth it.

Edited by Ciribob

I could do a couple,

I just spent some time doing GBU12 releases from an A-10C using the JTAC autolase from a predator as you suggested. I did the same to test Mirage 2000 but its not working for their bombs yet, but nice and easy to test.

We also did some troop ferrying using enabling of pickupzones and limited troops. We activated the pickupzone when the C-130 arrived, a Huey then drove to collect troops and drop them at the Farp. The Farp pickupzone was then populated and troops can be dropped into battle.

We also activated pickzones in a pseudo FOB. We captured an area, used a mist clone in zone to move a template FOB to the area and activated the pickupzone then.

We certainly used crates to drop JTAC's into battle with Hueys and off they go and do their thing, gunships were spotting the smoke and brining down fire.

CTLD is also on our training maps and we have shipped slingloads onto the new ship models for giggles, though that is quite hard and we tend to revert to the CTLD sling loading.

We use the standard CTLD funcitons mostly for shipping troops into combat to capture objectives similar to Blue Flag - the RPG ones at least can put up a fight, mortars are a bit dumb, but it gives the Hueys somehting to have fun and dodge bullets for -hot LZ's are wicked cool fun.

Jacks has some other uses more in a closed scripted environment as part of an SF team that dropped in to a prison to do a rescue.

We are still yet to get a proper TvT game where we empire build each side with air defences and so on. The reason for this is that to keep maps running beyond the 4hr stamina limit we need to save the units locations and DAWS from Chromium does not yet capture the "spawned" objects, so there is no persistence between sessions. It's on the to-do list, perhaps in a vs AI match one day.

You've done some really cool stuff with it! I really like the c130 -> Huey -> pickup zone resupply. That's great!

I'll have some time tomorrow and I'll stick up some simple examples and a video of setting up the script in the mission editor as I know it does seem daunting to some.

Crikey. Exceeded my expectations by a whopping amount, sir, thank you!

He's good at that. ;)

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Thanks gunterlund21! I've put up a few example and I'll try to do some more over the next week or so. Holidays now pretty much over for me but i'll do my best. Feel free to request any here :)

• 2 weeks later...

New version of the CTLD Script v.1.51 - 1.5 and 1.2 Compatible!

Change log:

• Added a sort to the nearby crates list. The list is now sorted by distance.
  • Added Steggles contribution for AI group pickup randomisation

A new option at the top of the script is ctld.allowRandomAiTeamPickups. When this is set to true, if you're using AI for troop pickups, a random group will be chosen from the ctld.loadableGroups list when in a pickup zone. This makes AI pickups much more interesting. Thanks to Steggles for the addition!

Link:https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD

Examples:http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2621619

Ohai again. Was playing this and having issues with crates disappearing. seems we couldnt put out more than one crate, you put the first one out ok, put another down and the first disappears. Any ideas?

Well thats a new one on me...

What version of MIST and DCS are you using?

The only thing that can cause this is if when a new crate is placed, the old one has the same ID as the new one which in theory is impossible... but its software so everything is possible :)

Would you mind PM'ing me the mission? Is it always reproducible or just every now and then?

DCS version 1.5.2 OB, MIST 4.0.57 Was the first time we tried crates with multiple people to be fair. If it's not known I'll try to simplify the mission, but yeah need two mp clients first load them with crates and drop them one after another. It was also misbehaving droppping them, one person had to drop one for me. Weird, but it was a huge mission so who knows. Let me repro.

Just a thought, did you definitely have separate flights for each player helicopter? For AI transport its OK.

Hi Ciribob,

I got a quick question. Just playing around with the ctld.addCallback, and I realized some inconsistency in the values of _event.unloaded.

if I drop the troops in a pickupzone, _event.unloaded would be a table of units.

if I drop the troops anywhere else, it seems to be the groupID ("id_") of the units I dropped.

Is there a reason for this?

thanks!

beef

Couple questions:

1) Why isn't stickied? This is a great script and needs to be easier to find.

2) Is it possible to fly the C-130 using the mod to pick up and drop off troops? I saw the example of the script that loads them for the AI, but is it possible to do pickup and drop off via the F10 menu in the C-130?

3) More of a suggestion....possibly to add paratrooopers from C-130/IL76 in the future

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

Hi Ciribob,

I got a quick question. Just playing around with the ctld.addCallback, and I realized some inconsistency in the values of _event.unloaded.

if I drop the troops in a pickupzone, _event.unloaded would be a table of units.

if I drop the troops anywhere else, it seems to be the groupID ("id_") of the units I dropped.

Is there a reason for this?

thanks!

beef

As I said on teamspeak, as far as I remember the reason is that when you drop troops back, there is no group so I give you a table of the units returned to base

When you drop troops normally, a group is created so I pass the group to the callback directly.

Couple questions:

1) Why isn't stickied? This is a great script and needs to be easier to find.

2) Is it possible to fly the C-130 using the mod to pick up and drop off troops? I saw the example of the script that loads them for the AI, but is it possible to do pickup and drop off via the F10 menu in the C-130?

3) More of a suggestion....possibly to add paratrooopers from C-130/IL76 in the future

Q1 - Glad you like it :)

Q2 - Yes it worked it 1.2 and can be used for troops and vehicle transports as well as building FARPS. Not sure its working for 1.5 though (the mod that is)

Q3 - Something I'd like to do when the C-130 mod is more stable :)

Another question. I was testing the C-130 mod with it last night and was able to load two vehicles into the C-130. I flew it to another base landed and attempted to unload the vehicles and got the message "Vehicles were returned to base". Do I need to put a trigger in for the drop off location for it to get recognized? I was hoping we could just land anywhere with them and drop them off.

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester