Complete Transport and Logistics Deployment - CTLD

New version of the CTLD Script v.1.37 - 1.5 Compatible!

Make sure you have the new MIST 4.0.57 !

Change log:

• Added new experimental callback API

You can now add callback functions so its easy to extend or trigger actions in the mission based on what players do.

Events are generated for loading/unloading troops, unpacking crates and unpacking fob crates.

I'll update the documentation when I have some more time and this new interface should open up a whole new level of integration with missions but will require some scripting knowledge to use.

For Looney, you can now add the snippet below as a DO SCRIPT after CTLD is loaded to make your MANPAD invisible to AI

ctld.addCallback(function(_args)

if _args.action == "unpack" then

local _group = _args.spawnedGroup

local _typeName = string.lower(_group:getUnit(1):getTypeName() .. "")

if string.match(_typeName, "manpad") or string.match(_typeName, "stinger") then 

local _setInvisible = {
       id = 'SetInvisible',
       params = {
           value = true
       }
   }

local _controller = _group:getController()

Controller.setCommand(_controller, _setInvisible )
  end
end

end)

When upgrading a 1.2 mission to 1.5:

• Remove and Re-add the beacon.ogg and beaconsilent.ogg using a Sound to country Action
  • Make sure you have the latest mist loaded as a DO SCRIPT before CTLD's DO SCRIPT. You must not use "On Mission Start" or "Initialization Script" as these are bugged
  • Double check your zone names and coalition match the new pickup and dropoff zones list. Option to set a zone for use by both sides for ease and most zones are active by default

Please see Readme and Github for latest code and how to use

Link:https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD

As always, please let me know if you have any issues or suggestions!

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

You can change the size of a squad loaded in the helicopter in the config file. Also, you can state whether or not you want a MANPAD unit to be included for squads of 6 persons or more.

I don't know if the wight of the helicopter is affected by adding troops to it. I know that simulated sling loading doesn't add weight, normal (1.5) slingloading does.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

I don't know if the wight of the helicopter is affected by adding troops to it. I know that simulated sling loading doesn't add weight, normal (1.5) slingloading does.

Like simulated sling loading, I don't believe that using this script lets the troop weight get added to the helicopter. Using the embark function definitely does add the weight but I think I remember reading some where long ago that Ciribob said that it didn't and in my missions using it it doesn't.

Thanks for the new version, Ciribob!

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Do we have the ability to load different types or sizes of units? For example a 7 man squad for Huey or an 18 man patrol for MI8.

Nope as Looney said its configured globally per mission for pickup zones for all the helicopters in that mission.

The reason is otherwise if a Huey wanted to pickup a group that was too big, you'd have to split the group but that would then break triggers as the group name wold change. Sorry!

Also troops and simulated cargo don't add to the helis weight as changing the weight dynamically via scripts is not possible unfortunately... :(

Something I've been thinking about, when I have some time (and after I've documented the callbacks interface)... Would you like to load a different kind of group from a zone?

I.e the Troops Menu has

- Load AA Team (give them a stinger)

- Load AT Team (bunch of RPGs / LAWs)

- Load MG Team

- Drop Troops

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

That would be a great addition Ciribob!

When the situation calls for a certain means of support, being able to choose from the mentioned list is very plausible.

Can a mortar team be added as well?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

...Something I've been thinking about, when I have some time (and after I've documented the callbacks interface)... Would you like to load a different kind of group from a zone?

I.e the Troops Menu has

- Load MG Team

- Drop Troops

That would be soooo cool! I vote yes. :D

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Oh god yes!

Infantry are ok, but to give the choppers/commanders some real presence and tactical choices the different teams like AT, AA are great, but may I suggest mortar team also?

Blue Flag had this all simulated with the addition of EWR which placed an EWR unit out there. OK its oversimplified but i've seen such functions as being able to be removed in scripting if the person so chooses, so really should work to suit everyone without disappointing.

On another matter,

I've tried sling loading, it can be a slightly frustrating experience, i'm wondering if there is any way to offer some scripting help to the ED method as swaying with those cargo's underneath is pretty awesome. Is there not a way to hook whilst landed next to the cargo or is that not the done thing?

Cheers for your continued work on this, it's really game changing.

Nope as Looney said its configured globally per mission for pickup zones for all the helicopters in that mission.

The reason is otherwise if a Huey wanted to pickup a group that was too big, you'd have to split the group but that would then break triggers as the group name wold change. Sorry!

Also troops and simulated cargo don't add to the helis weight as changing the weight dynamically via scripts is not possible unfortunately... :(

Something I've been thinking about, when I have some time (and after I've documented the callbacks interface)... Would you like to load a different kind of group from a zone?

I.e the Troops Menu has

- Load MG Team

- Drop Troops

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Thanks Guys!

I'll have a look at the different infantry groups but it'll probably be a week or so before I can have a proper go...

Are there any mortar units that can move? AFAIK the normal mortars are fixed in place?

I'll look at having some EWR sling-loadable as well.

Pikey, I made it long on purpose to counteract the lack of weight advantage but its good hover practice! :D After testing this a thousand times I get it every time in the Mi8 and Huey :D one option could be for the simulated sling load is you could land next to the cargo and it takes 60 seconds to hook up or something as an alternative.

You can if you want set ctld.slingLoad = true which'll enable real crates which you have to sling load as normal. The downside is crates arent' too stable, so you may get crashes, and theres no way to remove the crate once its spawned so they start to litter the map :(

Edited by Ciribob

I made some progress...

This is the configuration for the different groups that can be loaded:

-- ************** INFANTRY GROUPS FOR PICKUP ******************
-- Unit Types
-- inf is normal infantry
-- mg is M249
-- at is RPG-16
-- aa is Stinger or Igla
-- mortar is a 2B11 mortar unit
-- You must add a name to the group for it to work
-- You can also add an optional coalition side to limit the group to one side
-- for the side - 2 is BLUE and 1 is RED
ctld.loadableGroups = {

{name = "Standard Group", inf = 5, mg = 3, at = 2 }, -- will make a loadable group with 5 infantry, 3 MGs and 2 anti-tank for both coalitions

{name = "Anti Air", inf = 2, aa = 3  },

{name = "Anti Tank", inf = 2, at = 6  },

{name = "Mortar Squad", inf = 2, mortar = 5 },
}

Are there any troop types that you guys think I should add? Are there any different default groups you want?

What EWR's are there for Red and Blue that work on their own (so they can be slingloaded)?

Should hopefully get round to testing and release over the weekend :)

I've got another question Ciribob. I'm trying to run the CTLD and CSAR script in our current training enviroment. This misison also uses other scripts. When CSAR and CTLD are loaded alone, the scripts work as intended via the F10 menu.

When I load the mission with the other scripts active, I can see the CTLD script is running because smoke appear near the pickup zone, but the F10 menu doesn't show the CTLD or CSAR options. Is this a known thing or do I need to change things?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Geez, Ciribob, you've been busy! Really looking forward to trying this out but need to find the time to do so... Thanks for your work on this!

Justificus

System Specs:

Hey guys,

I need your help testing this new release as a lot of stuff internally has changed.

New Experimental Release v1.40

Download:https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD/archive/differentGroupPickup.zip

This version adds configurable groups to be picked up from a pickup zone.

You can also spawn a configurable group by passing a group config to SpawnGroupAtTrigger:

--spawns a group with 2 MGs 1 Anti Air, 1 Anti Tank, 1 infantry and 1 mortar

ctld.spawnGroupAtTrigger("red",{mg=2,aa=1,at=1,inf=1,mortar=1},"spawnzone",1000)

OR

--spawns 10 soldiers at a trigger

ctld.spawnGroupAtTrigger("red",10,"spawnzone",1000)

Please let me know if everything works OK or if you have any suggestions :)

Is there a way to command the troops we drop? I have CA but cannot control them, or the vehicles. But all in all great start. I like it!

Edited by Ohgr

V/R,

Ohgr

VCVW-11 "Vapor"

USN AE 2001-2015

Heatblur Tomcat Tester

I've got another question Ciribob. I'm trying to run the CTLD and CSAR script in our current training enviroment. This misison also uses other scripts. When CSAR and CTLD are loaded alone, the scripts work as intended via the F10 menu.

When I load the mission with the other scripts active, I can see the CTLD script is running because smoke appear near the pickup zone, but the F10 menu doesn't show the CTLD or CSAR options. Is this a known thing or do I need to change things?

It should work fine with all other scripts. Would you mind posting your mission here or PMing me? It worth having a look in the DCS.log under C:\Users\<LOONEY>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\logs\dcs.log and look for errors to do with scripting.

Also which versions of DCS and CTLD/CSAR are you using?

Is there a way to command the troops we drop? I have CA but cannot control them, or the vehicles. But all in all great start. I like it!

Yes, as long as you have CA (which you do) you just need to make sure "allow pilots to command" or something along those lines is ticked under the mission options. Not by my PC so can't give you the exact wording or location in the mission editor. Sorry.

Might be able to do a new release tonight with the group pickup.

Nearly finished the documentation for the callback api as well.

I think you asked about EWR units for blue and Red, pretty sure both the EWR units are available to Georgia, the 11-something and the 51 something also the USAF agressors side is useful for balance.

Thanks for the work again on the additional units, need some time to try these out.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I think you asked about EWR units for blue and Red, pretty sure both the EWR units are available to Georgia, the 11-something and the 51 something also the USAF agressors side is useful for balance.

Thanks for the work again on the additional units, need some time to try these out.

Thanks Pikey!

I'm still on a train and miles from home so wont be able to do a release tonight. Sorry guys!

Might be able to do a new release tonight with the group pickup.

Nearly finished the documentation for the callback api as well.

That would be so cool! I've got the next 4 days off so I'll have plenty of time to test the heck out of it!!! Thanks again for your continued efforts on this. :thumbup:

Justificus

System Specs:

New version of the CTLD Script v.1.40 - 1.5 and 1.2 Compatible!

Change log:

• Added new experimental callback API
  • Added Early Warning Radar Deployment
  • Added easily configurable troop groups for loading at pickup zones
  • Added backwards compatibility with 1.2 - set cld.openBeta = false at the top of CTLD.lua
  • Modified Spawn Group at trigger to also support a group template
  • Fully updated README on github

This is quite a big change internally so please let me know if you have any issues!

You can easily modify the loadable troop groups by modifying the ctld.loadableGroups Table.

The default setup is below:

-- ************** INFANTRY GROUPS FOR PICKUP ******************
-- Unit Types
-- inf is normal infantry
-- mg is M249
-- at is RPG-16
-- aa is Stinger or Igla
-- mortar is a 2B11 mortar unit
-- You must add a name to the group for it to work
-- You can also add an optional coalition side to limit the group to one side
-- for the side - 2 is BLUE and 1 is RED
ctld.loadableGroups = {
   {name = "Standard Group", inf = 6, mg = 2, at = 2 }, -- will make a loadable group with 5 infantry, 2 MGs and 2 anti-tank for both coalitions
   {name = "Anti Air", inf = 2, aa = 3  },
   {name = "Anti Tank", inf = 2, at = 6  },
   {name = "Mortar Squad", mortar = 6 },
   -- {name = "Mortar Squad Red", inf = 2, mortar = 5, side =1 }, --would make a group loadable by RED only
}

You can now also spawn troops at a zone like so:

ctld.spawnGroupAtTrigger("blue", {mg=1,at=2,aa=3,inf=4,mortar=5}, "spawnTrigger2", 2000)
-- Spawns 1 machine gun, 2 anti tank, 3 anti air, 4 standard soldiers and 5 mortars

OR

ctld.spawnGroupAtTrigger("red", 10, "spawnTrigger", 1000)

The changes are backwards compatible with 1.2 as long as you set ctld.openBeta15 = false.

The new CTLD should just be a drop-in replacement for any older CTLD in a mission.

Quick Video demo showing troop groups as well as the new EWR. Apologies for the hard landings and the thousands of messages from testing on the side :)

YouTube:

zLwsIdydblY

Edited by Ciribob

You rock sir! Thanks.

Justificus

System Specs:

I want to give feedback a bit from a normal pilot/user perspective. First, thank you so much for this script, I can't even describe how much I love this script. Slingloading and building stuff with this is such a blast, that every server without some transport job now looks bleak to me. :)

If my questions are naive or not possible due to engine limitations etc. please forgive me, I am not an active mission builder or admin.

First, is it possible to add some kind of rearming truck/crate for assets in the field? edit: I know this is somewhat possible with SAMs but I think there is some kind of rearming vehicle (supply trucks?) for CA units with which you can rearm?

Secondly, could there maybe be some kind of different version how the crate spawn / pickup works? My current problem is that you need to land (or atleast afaik) in the 'pickup' zone to spawn the crate for pickup.

My idea would be to have for example, TOW, SAM's etc. in a row as 'models' and their crates in front of it. One you pick up the cargo crate, it respawns for the next pilot. It would somewhat compromise DCS lack of groundcrew bees who prepare stuff for the air assets.^^ (Maybe I am over complicating stuff, but I thought this might be a good idea)

Third, could the 'cargo crates radio sub menu' maybe be put directly under the F10 sub menu, instead under 'CTLD commands'? As a frequently crashing/dying/suiciding pilot one of the biggest problems after a quick insertion is to navigate the radio menu with shaking hands, drop stuff, and fly off again. As a matter of fact this might be nice too for the troop load/unload command.

I guess unloading of troops can't be done by the Mi-8 siren button? :D

Again everything from user perspective, not mission builder, I am not sure if the stuff I am asking is more in the mission builders park. THANKS AGAIN FOR THIS AWESOME STUFF! <3

edit2: To ALL mission builders, PLEASE use this script to give Transport pilots some job! Just check it out, it's great fun! :)

Edited by ApoNOOB

First, is it possible to add some kind of rearming truck/crate for assets in the field? edit: I know this is somewhat possible with SAMs but I think there is some kind of rearming vehicle (supply trucks?) for CA units with which you can rearm?

Secondly, could there maybe be some kind of different version how the crate spawn / pickup works? My current problem is that you need to land (or atleast afaik) in the 'pickup' zone to spawn the crate for pickup.

My idea would be to have for example, TOW, SAM's etc. in a row as 'models' and their crates in front of it. One you pick up the cargo crate, it respawns for the next pilot. It would somewhat compromise DCS lack of groundcrew bees who prepare stuff for the air assets.^^ (Maybe I am over complicating stuff, but I thought this might be a good idea)

Third, could the 'cargo crates radio sub menu' maybe be put directly under the F10 sub menu, instead under 'CTLD commands'? As a frequently crashing/dying/suiciding pilot one of the biggest problems after a quick insertion is to navigate the radio menu with shaking hands, drop stuff, and fly off again. As a matter of fact this might be nice too for the troop load/unload command.

I guess unloading of troops can't be done by the Mi-8 siren button? :D

I'm going to do a release later today that adds an ammo truck for RED or BLUE that needs two crates to build that can rearm vehicles. Good idea! :)

Your second idea is interesting, by having a specific unit that only doles out one type of crate means that you can easily have limits for items as well as customising the crate types using the mission editor. I'll definitely take a look at implementing this but it'll be a while! :thumbup:

I've done a little bit of reorganising of the Radio Menu which should make it a bit easier as there are now more spaces free under the initial F10 -> CTLD for commands.

I don't know if you know but you can actually drop crates while flying at any time but they'll smash if you're high or fast so be careful with the Drop Crate command! :D

Alas the siren cannot be used to get the units to jump out :(

Glad you like the script!

New version of the CTLD Script v.1.41 - 1.5 and 1.2 Compatible!

Change log:

• Early Warning Radar - Limited to Red Side. Now functions as AWACS after deployment
  • Added AMMO truck for Red and Blue

• Like 1

Alas the siren cannot be used to get the units to jump out :(

Thx for your response, sounds awesome! :) Do you think it would be worth it to petition BST/ED in the wishlist forums, to add a triggerfor this? Like, when I push the siren, trigger X gets used which you could use to spawn/embark units?

I will try the new truck as soon as I find a server with the updated script.

edit: sometimes assets explode after being deploying, does this have to do with damaged cargo?

Edited by ApoNOOB