M-2000C Mid-life Overhaul

Zeus67

Because you don't find it interesting doesn't mean everyone thinks the same. Is the Super Sabre anything close to the Sabre?

No sir. The MiG-15 and MiG-19 may look similar but they are nowhere near identical. You're comparing a sub-sonic aircraft with a supersonic one, which is a whole different ball game when it comes to aerodynamics. The cockpits may look similar, but once again they are much different under the hood.

For me, the MiG-19 fills a gap in a period in aviation where designs were still experimental and aircraft were temperamental to the point where pilots died on a regular basis just flying them. Among the interceptor speed craze of the 60's, the Farmer in itself is an interesting concept: use the manoeuverability of a MiG-15 and add supersonic capabilities with afterburning engines. The Americans learned the hard way in Vietnam that the MiG-17 could still bite after all.

So... for me, the MiG-19 is a completely unique product and I am eager to get some stick time in it.

I concur with Monsieur Charles Hibou. This is a VERY different aircraft from the MiG-15 - does not share the high-speed handling difficulties of the 15, nor the poor (inadequate) trim authority. It is very smooth to fly - runs away going downhill (can be hard to pull out of dive!). I have only read about such flying characteristics from real pilot accounts, so it is very interesting to encounter them in this sim. It does not feel anything like the MiG-21 to fly - much smoother - much lower landing speeds. A very nice 2nd generation jet. I like it, and it fills a unique niche. I hope that we will eventually get an aircraft from the NATO side from the same era.

Come on. Their focus is on the most boring module to drop into dcs ever. Losing all my respect for razbam! Sketchy choices, bad appointments for their social media team, starting more modules than they care to finish...

Then the old standard of this dev is not involved with that project... how about pooling your resources and finishing something!!!

Havent touched a razbam module in close to a year now. #nextvaeo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mirage 2000C and AV-8B has maked by Ron and the first team aka "ecuatorian team", the Mig-19P and Mig-23 has build by the second team aka "cuban Team", different projects with different teams. And dont Break the rules.

Has the same situation with the ED develop. "Plans, no promises, all subject to change and nothing has write on stone".

Edited by Silver_Dragon

I went for a spin on Razbam Discord and read from Zeus that the MLO will not met its deadline in Spring, at best Summer 2019. Oh boy, here we go again, we're in for a looong ride.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

we're in for a looong ride.

Yep... And this makes the Mirage almost unplayable in PvP (broken TWS, and most likely no bugfix before the MLO programming starts) for how long then, at least 8-9 months? :cry:

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

:megalol:

Mirage 2000C and AV-8B has maked by Ron and the first team aka "ecuatorian team", the Mig-19P and Mig-23 has build by the second team aka "cuban Team", different projects with different teams. And dont Break the rules.

Has the same situation with the ED develop. "Plans, no promises, all subject to change and nothing has write on stone".

See:

Position: Mirage 2000 Team //MiG-19P

• Team Leader: Ronaldo Zambrano // Ronaldo Zambrano :music_whistling:
  • 3d Artist: Tim Taylor // Overstratos & Tim Taylor.
  • SystemsCoder: Larry Zambrano // Larry Zambrano.
  • FM and Engine coder: CptSmiley // CptSmiley
  • Textures: Tim Taylor // Specter

The most critical part of Razbam modules are the systems. Both projects share the same coder. So Larry, spent his time making new modules instead of finish the Mirage and AV-8B.:doh:

The "Cuban team" is Overtratos. I dont doubt about his skills, but call him "Cuban team" is delirious.

Razbam doesn´t have 2 teams.

Edited by Sajarov
info added.

Thank you!

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Totally not surprised here at all..

Very disappointed by the further huge delay of the MLO.

Btw would have been nice to get some official information on that here as wellin their DCS forums.

Really wish they would concentrate their capacities on fixing their released modules instead of pushing out ever more stuff..

Kind regards,

Snappy.

Edited by Snappy

• Team Leader: Ronaldo Zambrano // Ronaldo Zambrano :music_whistling:
  • 3d Artist: Tim Taylor // Overstratos & Tim Taylor.
  • SystemsCoder: Larry Zambrano // Larry Zambrano.
  • FM and Engine coder: CptSmiley // CptSmiley
  • Textures: Tim Taylor // Specter

The most critical part of Razbam modules are the systems. Both projects share the same coder. So Larry, spent his time making new modules instead of finish the Mirage and AV-8B.:doh:

The "Cuban team" is Overtratos. I dont doubt about his skills, but call him "Cuban team" is delirious.

I didn't know the composition of the MiG-19 team. Razbam stated several times that the MiG-19 did not took any ressources from others projects … It sure put things into new perspectives.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

I didn't know the composition of the MiG-19 team. Razbam stated several times that the MiG-19 did not took any ressources from others projects … It sure put things into new perspectives.
I didn't believe them from the get-go to be honest. In other threads people tell don't rage/blame/... them and/or stop comparing to Heatblur, but this kind of information and how things go really brings the customers rage up...

1000 flights, 1000 crashes - perfect record

Take a deep breath if you can't stand people talking about a delay of the MLO and the reason behind it. That's just the way it is, these messages are nothing but on topic.

Take a deep breath if you can't stand people talking about a delay of the MLO and the reason behind it. That's just the way it is, these messages are nothing but on topic.

I don't care of you talking aobut the reasons behind the delay, I care about the MLO.

Do as you wish, I don't want to see this thread closed like all the other ones.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Yep... And this makes the Mirage almost unplayable in PvP (broken TWS, and most likely no bugfix before the MLO programming starts) for how long then, at least 8-9 months? :cry:

What broken TWS feature are you referring to?

What broken TWS feature are you referring to?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=226513

Basically you can't use narrow scan azimuth. You decide if this makes the module uplayable.

Edited by spiddx

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Guys can we keep it on topic please ?

Go in another thread if you want to talk about the team composition :).

We are on topic dude.

Razbam delayed the MLO for the M-2000 and further work on the AV-8 because they were working in another module. Did you see any real advance in the las months in both modules? :doh:

No. Why? Larry was busy coding the MiG-19P instead of finishing M-2000 and AV-8B.

Two teams? :megalol:

Ok just to clarify the original date stated by Zeus was Jan for the Update.

However we changed this date to May / June as The Mirage team will be going back to the ADA Airbase for more info to ensure accuracy as stated in our update videos.

Small fixes are being still being worked on.

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Assuming that both the ADA Airbase and the Mirage team are in France, right?

However we changed this date to May / June as The Mirage team will be going back to the ADA Airbase for more info to ensure accuracy as stated in our update videos.

Exactly what I want to heard, gonna grind the cat and be back on the 2000 when you put this polish on my french beast :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Make the reporting system great again!

Does that mean that the Harrier will get some more attention in the meantime - despite (iirc) it was schedulled rather after the M2K MLO originally?

Thanks DECOY.

Good news, waiting for the french trip debrief..

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Unfortunately it's these type of shenanigans that will have ED review its third party policies even more in the future.

To be honest I think third party devs should be forced to work on one single project at a time (unless they can show the completely separate teams are working on different modules) before they can release any new modules.

I guarantee the work involved in producing the Mig 19 was several times that required to fix the M2K radar, but of course with the limited resources, they decided to release new modules instead of fixing major bugs.

With such a major client as the AdA to consider, I'm sure the M-2000C is very much a priority for RAZBAM, waiting for more data is sensible. Do it once (well twice), do it right.

From my understanding there are two other coders but as RAZBAM's head coder Zeus oversees and is involved in all projects. I think their team page is quite out of date at this point.