Who wants a click-able radio menu ?

PeterP

Who wants a click-able radio menu ?  

208 members have voted

1. 1. Who wants a click-able radio menu ?

• Yes, but but it's sufficent as a community made mod . The developers have better things to do.
    • Yes , this should be default for DCS World.
    • No, don't need such crap.
    • Don't know, maybe I will try.

Definitely should be on the devs plate, but their plate is already overflowing.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I would already be happy if we had some keybindings like "up/down/select" to scroll throught the menu entries instead of "counting the keys in the row" - or worse, having to move your eyes off the screen and to look down at the keyboard and thus hurting your SA - for hitting the correct F-key.

Absolutely

Add me to the list.

PS. Should also be positionable as it once was.

:pilotfly:

Edited by Loz

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

PS. Should also be positionable as it once was.

:pilotfly:

... it is.

>>> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=76225

...my ability to read the lua code and to understand what to do to restore the old functionality must have amazingly advanced during the last months .

It was for me impossible to 'repair' it 4 month ago... (since I looked at it the last time)

but today it took me only 30 minutes :).

-anyway-

Keep on voting!

Edited by PeterP
  • Like 1

Thanks a lot PeterP !

You just made my day, finally clickable radio menu again ! \o/

• Like 1

HW : 4790K @4.6 / GTX 1080ti 11GB / 16 GB / Asus ROG Formula VI / Acer Predator 32" 4K Gsync / X-55 Rhino / Oculus Rift-S / TrackIR

• Combined Arms/Supercarrier/Nevada TTR/Persian Gulf/Normandy
  • F-16C/FA-18C/AV-8B Harrier/F5-TigerII/SA342-Gazelle/M2000-C/L-39 Albatros/C-101/MiG-21/F-86F Sabre/Mi-8MTV2/UH-1H Huey/A-10C Warthog/Black Shark 2/Flaming Cliff 3/Hawk T1A(RIP)
  • WWII : Spitfire/Bf-109 Kurfurst/Fw-190 Dora/P-51D Mustang

Is this perhaps possible,

iPod style:

mwheel up/down: browse

mwheel click: activate radio menu, when radio menu is active: activate selected option

right mouse: 'browser back', instantly go back a level on the menu

i7 4790K: 4.8GHz, 1.328V (manual)

MSI GTX 970: 1,504MHz core, 1.250V, 8GHz memory

Thanks a lot PeterP !

You just made my day, finally clickable radio menu again ! \o/

Thank you , and +1 in return.

- but be advised to use it with a little caution (...whatever that means...) .

I found only 20min to test it up to now , mainly in the Huey and A-10C.

I can't guarantee that it is working 100%. - but I also didn't saw any bugs up to now.

• Like 1

Good job!! Thanks for the time you spent on this.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

All right:thumbup: thx Pete

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

I voted for this should be default for DCSW but I should qualify that by saying that I wouldn't want the F-keys method to be scrapped in the process, as that's very necessary for using voice control software with the Radio menus.

Flagrum and JayPee's ideas are worth considering as well. I'm not sure if the mwheel click is already used for something but even if the current PTT key is used to open the menu, once opened the mouse could be diverted to navigate the menu until it's closed, when it returns to it's usual cockpit clicking role.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

Thank you PeterP

I never thought that I would see this mod up and working again, I wish ED would just make this available as standard, would save you the trouble of having to make new versions with each patch.

Again thank you

Your great mod is back :-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

With a fully clickable cockpit for the full blown DCS modules, I never could understand why we didn't have a clickable radio menu as well. It should be a DCS default feature IMHO.

Having said that, I've always been a fan of PeterP's work, especially the clickable radio menu and was quite disappointed when it became broken.

I'm really happy he has stepped up once again to fill this void. I don't like the Function key radio menu at all. HOTAS and mouse should be enough.

Thanks PeterP

• Like 1

With a fully clickable cockpit for the full blown DCS modules, I never could understand why we didn't have a clickable radio menu as well. It should be a DCS default feature IMHO.

Having said that, I've always been a fan of PeterP's work, especially the clickable radio menu and was quite disappointed when it became broken.

I'm really happy he has stepped up once again to fill this void.

Thanks PeterP

This.

Agree, it should be available as part of world. Comms are the only reason I use a keyboard, so it would nice to be keyboard free, especially with the rift inbound...

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

Very useful and quick to access menu.

I think it may be quick for ED to improve this. And when it is done, no more modification for further DCS release.

With a user mod there would be more work for the builder and more work for user installation (personally i check each installed moded text files versus ED original files for compatibility and it takes me hours after each update).

Edited by codenamepanzer

I suggest the 7 who have voted "no" so far clearly haven't got a clue about what their talking ..... probably steamer's .

Bet they have never tried it either ?

I'm a steamer voted Yes for mod my first post here after joining a few days ago, wealth of info on this forums is great. So badger66 perhaps you may need to rethink your remark.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Fly like you stole it !!!:joystick:

MSI Mpower Z87 | I7 4770k @ 4.8 |Asus HD 7970 Matrix Platinum | Win7 64 | 16gb HyperX Black | 240gb HyperX Black SSD | TM Hotas | TIR5 | SaitekProPedals

No , your one of the few steamers who sound positive then . If you had helped as many people on MP as I have tried to do , with silly questions like , how do I start , and wait for it , how do I fly !!!

Now , Im being pretty vocal about this , but search the forums and you will come across numerous posts from numerous people showing disbelief and annoyance from the recent tidal wave of steamer's that has invaded the web ..... its not funny anymore . I do also apologise to those steamer's who show interest and intent on getting along , like you .

Also , I find it absolutely beyond belief that anybody who has experienced PeterP's mod for this could say anything bad about it , which is why I am suggesting that the people who voted no , don't have a clue , they voted cuz they could ..... just take a look as all the positive comments , and so many , that PeterP has held a vote to see who likes it .... when he already had it all shiny and new for previous versions .

One of the best mods around , imo (in many opinions) .

Stick with it and enjoy ..... don't expect to navigate and get serious in day , but if you do I promise you that you will really enjoy the depth of this sim . Its truly amazing .............