Yet another mission "Zero Dark Thirty"

wess24m

So this is based off the movie/book/event. Instead of 2 Blackhawks this will be a Huey flying CAS as a gunship and a Blackhawk. You have about a 30 minute ingress to target area, once near the LZ the blackhawk will land and deploy troops. The troops will spend 10 minutes searching for "the package" and egress to a pickup point.

This is a cold start night mission that requires no radio, navigation is following the blackhawk and then following orders in the form of the ground troops/command/copilot. I've tested the AI and the troop triggers and they all passed. The only thing I didn't test is the couple Huey triggers but that shouldn't be an issue since they're simple ones. I have the Blackhawk starting up at 23:07 to give you time to spool up the Huey (game time is 23:00).

If anything fails write me and I'll fix it tomorrow, also the only thing forced in this mission is scenes set to high, the civ traffic set to high, and the G effects set to sim. Feel free to change any settings you'd like in the ME but I'd leave the triggers alone unless you've used them before. You shouldn't need labels on. Give the Blackhawk some room but keep it in sight, the AI flying is a little erratic at the beginning of the mountains. No in-flight music this time (running out of music to use).

MISSION

**EDIT** just flew it, everything works as designed. enjoy.

Edited by wess24m

Wess you sir make some great missions i think you should have your own sub forum or stickie for all your missions keep it up fella.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

Wess you sir make some great missions i think you should have your own sub forum or stickie for all your missions keep it up fella.

Its kinda turned into a hobby of a hobby, lay in bed watching TV with my laptop making missions. Like the OP said I haven't gotten a chance to fly the human part of this mission, hopefully its up to snuff since I don't see any "this broken posts". By the way if anybody would like to do the voice covers for any of my missions just read out the text subtitles in the mission and all add the effects and put them in game credited to you in the mission comments.

Edited by wess24m

Did you fly this yet? i'm not sure if I found something going wrong it if it was imagination.

I agree, great job man...

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

TM F/A-18 Stick | Virpil WarBRD | WinWIng F/A-18 HOTAS

Wow, thanks for this mission. I've watched Zero Dark Thirty at least 15 times and read everything about the mission that I can find that is credible. Can't wait to give this a try. I sure would love to see a Blackhawk add on module someday.

I just tried this, whew, really hard to stay with the Blackhawk...But he flies a lot nicer then the huey in the UN-campaign mission 6 !

While playing this I noticed for the first time that all those georgian civilians are driving around without their headlights on at night...bunch of lunatics, lol...

I encountered a problem:

Well, we arrived at the LZ, the Blackhawk unloaded his troops, I circled the LZ. After a short while the Blackhawk exploded .Log says hit by a civilian Ural, he should´ve turned his headlights on, rofl . Is this supposed to happen this way or should I play it without civilian traffic ?

I was advised to jettison my rocket launchers and extract the team, so I got rid of my kaboom-stuff and landed near the infantry. But then nothing more happened, the soldiers where just standing there. After about ten minutes I took off again and landed near the Blackhawk´s wreck (breaking off my right skid, but the bird was still ok so far ;-) ), thinking that maybe that´s where I´m supposed to land, but still nothing happened. After a few more minutes I stopped the mission.

Thanks again for your work !

Wolf

Yip, ... I had the exact same problem as .. Wolf. :cry:

.. couldn't finish the Mission .. :music_whistling:

Methinks you need to create another mission Wess, .. um, what could you call it .. how about .. 'Blackhawk Down' .. :smilewink:

.. just a suggestion. :)

Cheers

Tom

Edited by Thomasew

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win

I sent PM's to both thomasew and wolfk33. check your PM.

Somebody is already working on a Black Hawk down so just wait. I also have a ton of mission ideas but one requires a certain skin (for realism) so i'm trying to figure that out. I have a complete "haulin' trash" mission but not sure if I want to release it due to the fact I couldn't get it 100% like I wanted. I wanted troops to unload your chopper instead of just standing within the area and then telling you to take off. This has turned out to be a big PITA, the only way I know how to make troops make 2-4 trips back and forth to your chopper and use triggers and flags, the thing is you have like 7-8 landings so times that by how many triggers it would take and things escalate quickly.

I may release it, i'm not sure yet.

Thanks for the PM, I hope the answer arrived, it´s the first I sent here and I can´t find any sent message now.

Oh and pretty pretty please release the "haulin´trash" mission, even if it might not be perfect in your eyes. I´m sure it will still be great !

Finished 1,5h. Wow! Very nice done mission! Good atmosphere. I enjoyed a lot.

Maybe some mysterious Arabic music at 40FM (like always on Your mission)? ;]

dcs2013051123195090.jpg dcs2013051200051371.jpg

Just idea for configurations of beginning for next:

dcs2013051200110279.jpg

Possibiity to take cold or hot start (I prefer cold for exapmle).

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Finished 1,5h. Wow! Very nice done mission! Good atmosphere. I enjoyed a lot.

Maybe some mysterious Arabic music at 40FM (like always on Your mission)? ;]

dcs2013051123195090.jpg dcs2013051200051371.jpg

Just idea for configurations of beginning for next:

dcs2013051200110279.jpg

Possibiity to take cold or hot start (I prefer cold for exapmle).

Good idea with the music. (I responded to you about this in another thread, in a more detailed way) hot cold start option would double the amount of triggers I'd have to put in. I'm just a rookie mission builder and the more complex the triggers the more apt something is to break. From when you initially mentioned cold starts, I made all my missions with cold starts. I only had them set to hot start for my testing purposes and somehow forgot to change it back.

It seems everybody likes the in-game music so I'll make sure to add that as much as I can.

Ps good job completing the mission, it's no easy task to stay with the crazy Ai Blackhawk.

Hi,

I have just had a quick look at the mission. I haven't got the time to fly it today, but still I wanted to give you a suggestion.

If you tick the option "Uncontrolled" of the Blackhawk and then trigger the "Start" command you would not have to use late activation and the Blackhawk would be visible from the beginning of the mission.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Hi,

I have just had a quick look at the mission. I haven't got the time to fly it today, but still I wanted to give you a suggestion.

If you tick the option "Uncontrolled" of the Blackhawk and then trigger the "Start" command you would not have to use late activation and the Blackhawk would be visible from the beginning of the mission.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Ok i'll check it out, thx. When I tested it though the Blackhawk was always visible, anyways i'll double check it.

Awesome work, very exciting mission, ...

But only when it is already dark outside the window : ].

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Held it together til time for exfil.....Landed at what I assume was a bad spot, because they all just stared at me...tried to lift off and set down in a different spot and crashed. I was sweating the whole flight, I think this may have been my first night flying in any of the modules. I loved flying this, look forward to more!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not at my computer right now, but I think it's in your "Eagle dynamics/DCS/mods/aircraft/UH-1H/missions/single/" folder. All you have to do is copy it there and it should show up under missions in the game.

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

TM F/A-18 Stick | Virpil WarBRD | WinWIng F/A-18 HOTAS