Chuck's Guides - DCS Tutorial Library

Charly_Owl

There are a couple of errors in the latest release of the Mirage.

In the PRE-FLIGHT procedure, at page 63, the steps after point 8 are incorrectly depicted in the pictures.

Step 9 (parking brake), in the picture is indicated as step 10.

Same with step 10 (BINGO selector), indicated as step 11 in the picture.

Thanks for these exceptional guides !

Chuck in your future tutorials and guides can you insert in your checklist atc calls ie requesting startup clearance and taxi clearance etc

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

There are a couple of errors in the latest release of the Mirage.

In the PRE-FLIGHT procedure, at page 63, the steps after point 8 are incorrectly depicted in the pictures.

Step 9 (parking brake), in the picture is indicated as step 10.

Same with step 10 (BINGO selector), indicated as step 11 in the picture.

Thanks for these exceptional guides !

Fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

For all datalink-"addicted" F-16 pilots, since Wags did NOT yet cover this in a video (and probably never will, and since Chuck or anyone else didn't make a Chuch-quality PDF-guide yet afaik):

To get datalink/MIDS working in F-16C, on PvP servers

1. refuel + startup all systems

2. when refueling finished, first align INS by setting INS knob to "stored heading" (goes way faster than normal alignment), then

3. switch DED to INS ("LIST" button, then menu 6), then once the top right number shows "10" and "RDY", you

4. turn INS knob to "NAV".

5. Now you can rearm your F-16 and turn on MIDS knob (datalink switch can stay off, not used in Block 50 apparently). To get way better fps, you can disable SAM-rings with the "CNTL" top right MFD button, then bottom right "PAGE 1" to switch to page 2, then left side "SAM" button.

Have a good flight/fight!

Edited by DanielNL
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

For all datalink-"addicted" F-16 pilots, since Wags did NOT yet cover this in a video (and probably never will, and since Chuck or anyone else didn't make a Chuch-quality PDF-guide yet afaik):

2. when refueling finished, first align INS by setting INS knob to "stored heading" (goes way faster than normal alignment), then

3. switch DED to INS ("LIST" button, then menu 6), then once the top right number shows "10" and "RDY", you

5. Now you can rearm your F-16 and turn on MIDS knob (datalink switch can stay off, not used in Block 50 apparently). To get way better fps, you can disable SAM-rings with the "CNTL" top right MFD button, then bottom right "PAGE 1" to switch to page 2, then left side "SAM" button.

Thanks.

As for number 2.

AFAIK alignment is not implemented yet so you can set it right to NAV for the time being, while setting it to stored heading might get you in trouble in the future Because it might actually not be stored, don't have it will work, when they implement alignment.

Alignment in the future should be down to 4 minutes coupled with the GPS if I remember correctly.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

AFAIK alignment is not implemented yet so you can set it right to NAV for the time being

Tried directly NAV on different servers last weekend, I failed, believing that it was an ED bug... no, it was indeed implemented:

"INS Implemented (WIP)"

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4093025&postcount=73

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Alignment in the future should be down to 4 minutes coupled with the GPS if I remember correctly.

Alignment in the future can be done IN THE AIR... hence the IN FLT ALIGN and that NUCLEAR CONSENT switch ;) I guess NATO wanted to be able to take off THE SECOND that the cold war would've gone hot, align in the air, drop those nukes behind the Iron Curtain and then RTB, I guess

Edited by DanielNL

Alignment in the future can be done IN THE AIR... hence the IN FLT ALIGN and that NUCLEAR CONSENT switch ;) I guess NATO wanted to be able to take off THE SECOND that the cold war would've gone hot, align in the air, drop those nukes behind the Iron Curtain and then RTB, I guess
Haha! You're probably right.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

You can get max alignment qulaity (6) if after you follow the steps for stored heading, you then switch to norm and let it go all the way to 6. It's still MUCH faster than normal alignment by itself.

double-post.

And why, how "inaccurate" is the stored-alignment currently, after having 1-2 dogfights for example? And any idea if multiplayer-server-owners can set INS to "drift" and "cannot drift" (unrealistic) ?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=256537

and yes, strange he didn't include it in his list.

chuck.jpg

Yes. The document in this thread was meant to be a temporary file to get people started. The real guide has not yet been released... but it's getting very close.

That's a temporary short Guide.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

hi all

Do you know if we will see a Chuck's viper guide soon ? tha,ks in advance :cry::book:

| I9 9900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO] |16 GB DDR4 HyperX 3466 MHz | SSD EVO 840 1 TB | MSI 2080TI GAMING X TRIO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q 27" 2560 X 1440 | TRACK IR 5 | THERMALTAKE CORE X9 | HOTAS WARTHOG |MFG CROSSWIND|

392 pages o m g crazy! Nice!

Interesting AKG part starting page 256, guys ;)

Edited by DanielNL

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Chuck, do you think adding Jdam to your AV-8B guide ?

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

You're in luck, I just finished it.

Keep in mind that the procedure is still buggy and finicky at times when using the TOO mode with the targeting pod.

You are the best, à big thanks.

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits