BO-105 PAH1A1 progress news

The_Fragger

BO-105 PAH1A1 progress news  

1605 members have voted

1. 1. BO-105 PAH1A1 progress news

• Yes
    • No
    • I dont't care

Fragger, if you ever decide to go to Kickstarter as well ... your first 100 bucks are as good as in the pot!

Seriously, if done right, there is surely some money to rake in with this project.

:thumbup:

Yep my thoughts:thumbup:

Thanks Fragger for Starting this Project....I got a really good feeling with that.:D

ISE:flowers:

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

Fragger, if you ever decide to go to Kickstarter as well ... your first 100 bucks are as good as in the pot!

Seriously, if done right, there is surely some money to rake in with this project.

:thumbup:

At the current state of work it is difficult to say, but i do plan to sell this module via DCS.

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

Lead 3D Artist - TrueGrit Virtual Technologies

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BO-105 PAH1A1/VBH / HKP-9A / BO-105 CBS-5 KLH

Eurofighter Typhoon

https://www.facebook.com/PolyDynamicsDCS/

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

Mainboard: Asus STRIX Z390-F

CPU: Intel Core I9-9900K @ 3.60GHz

RAM: 64 Gb

Graphics: MSI GForce GTX 980 TI 4GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

Oculus Rift / Oculus Touch

Heavy Metal is the law ! :punk:

Update 07.07.2013

yesterday I reworked the mainrotor and the tailrotor (orginal model consists of too much polygons :doh:). 50 % done. The outer detail are almost done and will be finished by next week. Later that day I will post the current state of work on the mainrotor.

Edited by The_Fragger

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eurofighter Typhoon

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

At the current state of work it is difficult to say, but i do plan to sell this module via DCS.

Glad to hear that ... as I take it as a sign of how serious you are with this project. :-)

While looking forward for this new toy, I wish you luck & success! :thumbup:

Here is the first impression of the Mainrotor (1 day of work 5847 polys so far).

Mrotor.thumb.jpg.d33e1d8b7cb5139ee4d81c3a669e9f9d.jpg

Mrotor2.thumb.jpg.0429e492dcbb124b3ff161cce8eccbe1.jpg

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eurofighter Typhoon

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

Glad to hear that ... as I take it as a sign of how serious you are with this project. :-)

While looking forward for this new toy, I wish you luck & success! :thumbup:

Thank you Flagrum :thumbup:

• Like 1

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eurofighter Typhoon

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

Here is the first impression of the Mainrotor (1 day of work 5847 polys so far).

Great! Waiting for it!!:thumbup:

Intel Core i5-2500K@4.7GHz | Noctua NH-D14 (NF-P12 + NF-P14) | MSI Z77 MPOWER | Kingston HyperX Fury Black 1866MHz HX318C10FBK2/16 2x8GB |

MSI N580GTX Lightning Extreme Edition (3GB, 910MHz/1195MHz) | AOC e2236Swa | Win10 64bit | Old Good Saitek X52 Pro

Virtute Duce, Comite Fortuna!

:pilotfly:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]:pilotfly:

Update: 11.07.2013

still awaiting full go from Eurocopter (up to 10 persons have been informed now). No response so far :cry:

Outer model closing state of completion. Final touches of the mainrotor are a little sticky but i'll handle this :smilewink:. The Photos I downloaded from the Internet are sometimes very small.

Fragger

Edited by The_Fragger

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eurofighter Typhoon

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

Just curious, what are those Catia drawings youre talking about?

Great progress, one of the coolest helicopters ever built.

Well, i think these are Catia Drawings. I downloaded these at some blueprints-website. They are very large :huh:

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eurofighter Typhoon

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

This is one chopper that we will certainly need the Aerobatics version too.

looking good.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Update: 13.07.2013

Hi guys,

Bad moon is on the rise. Yesterday I got an email from some responsible person from Bundeswehr which simply telling me that I'm not allowed to simulate the weapon system of the BO-105 PAH X. On the otherside they are saying that I can ask pilots (they know what they allowed to tell me) or asume how it works and write down the date and location where I shot photos and which pilot I asked just for "in case of". Since this is not the philosophy of DCS I'm forced to build a civil BO-105 with camouflage/civil skins.

This is really frustrating. I have to think this whole thing over.

Fragger

Edited by The_Fragger

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eurofighter Typhoon

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

I can't speak for everyone but personally, I don't see this as a deal braker. To me, the flight characteristics seems like the more exciting aspect of this chopper. I would still back your project 100% even without any weapon systems.

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I also think you should go on. Even if you use only info you find on the Internet ( and no one can do anything against it) and pull the rest out of your a** it will be FC3 level concerning the weapons. That is a lot.

I suggest you build the chopper complete with the military version even if the weapons don't work (or at least with fixed guns and stuff) and then we'll work from there.

funny, what's so hot about HOT?

Is it at least possible to get info on HOT 1 missiles and older targeting systems?

Still this chopper is a fast and agile mover, I guess working towards an accurate military/Acrobatic chopper could be the way to go and hopefully in time enough info will become available to model the HOT missile and Targeting system to allow a full military machine to be realized.

Race trim... mmmmmmm..

Race trim in the Grand Canyon... never happen!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Update: 13.07.2013

Hi guys,

Bad moon is on the rise. Yesterday I got an email from some responsible person from Bundeswehr which simply telling me that I'm not allowed to simulate the weapon system of the BO-105 PAH X. On the otherside they are saying that I can ask pilots (they know what they allowed to tell me) or asume how it works and write down the date and location where I shot photos and which pilot I asked just for "in case of". Since this is not the philosophy of DCS I'm forced to build a civil BO-105 with camouflage/civil skins.

This is really frustrating. I have to think this whole thing over.

Fragger

That's the same problem that was discussed in the F-35 thread (about the radar). I think, the guy meant, you must not simulate 1:1 the complete technology, the exact inner workings, perhaps using first hand data of it's working parameters and flight envelope characteristics. But that would not be necessary - even for a "DCS HI-FI" module. I would be sufficient to "make it look like if it is the real deal".

If you don't model all aspects that would explain the "why" the system behaves as it does, but instead only model the result, the "what" it does, nobody could say anything against it, imo. (i.e. not "burn rate of propellant X = y, nozzel geometry is like z, therfore the produced gas has a speed of ..." => better "speed of the missile is this-and-that")

Use public available data and do as the guy suggested, talk to the BW ppl. And if you also follow his advice to document your sources, what could go wrong?

After one night of thinking i decided to ontinue the project and I think I add all the armament but not the functionality. The collected pictures from the internet are so much and I love this chopper so it would be silly to stop it now. :thumbup:

Today I bought the pilots handbook of the BO-105. So the first step of integration can be done.:pilotfly:

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eurofighter Typhoon

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

After one night of thinking i decided to ontinue the project and I think I add all the armament but not the functionality. The collected pictures from the internet are so much and I love this chopper so it would be silly to stop it now. :thumbup:

Today I bought the pilots handbook of the BO-105. So the first step of integration can be done.:pilotfly:

just for my interest, did the BW told you which Systems are still classified, so that they don't allow you to simulate? Or what was the exactly wording

just for my interest, did the BW told you which Systems are still classified, so that they don't allow you to simulate? Or what was the exactly wording

He said that I must be aware of being a employee at their company and I am not allowed to use any data for private use. He didn't tell me what systems are classified. I even got nothing to do with this helicopter. He also said that the Bundeswehr is in charge of the weaponsystem Bo-105. I can use data collected from the internet (which I did) and I also can ask pilots because they know what they can tell me. A protocol where I shoot the photos and which pilot I asked (with time and date stamps) is also important.

There is 1 last mail out to eurocopter-communication which I hope that I get a positiv reply by next week.

Edited by The_Fragger

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eurofighter Typhoon

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

I'm working for a helicopter production company. It's better to go the legal way.

Edited by The_Fragger

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eurofighter Typhoon

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

I'm working for a helicopter production company. It's better to go the legal way.

Yes, I know that from my work (WTD 61) ;)

I'm looking forward to see new progress on your Bo-105. I really love her and would like to fly it, also I can watch her flying many times in a week at Manching.

BTW: Does anyone know the plans of the Luftwaffe how long they will use it and which heli her replacement should be in the future?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

and which heli her replacement should be in the future?

I thought, that would be the Eurocopter Tiger? :huh:

@Fragger: Maybe you found some former pilots or museum staff, which could help you with the weapon systems.

In our virtual squadron is a former F-4 pilot (now on the Eurofighter) and he helps us much to train with real procedures and tactics. He definitly knows, what he can say to us (unclassifed stuff).

regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, I know that from my work (WTD 61) ;)

I'm looking forward to see new progress on your Bo-105. I really love her and would like to fly it, also I can watch her flying many times in a week at Manching.

Current state of work is that the whole outside model is complete (no skin). Aries Wing Consulting is busy programming the flight behavior and the logic.

i decided to do the whole skinning when the integration is done :)

@Fragger: Maybe you found some former pilots or museum staff, which could help you with the weapon systems.

I've asked a College to shoot some photos and squeeze some information out of the BO-105 pilots at Roth Airbase at 28th of July

Edited by The_Fragger

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eurofighter Typhoon

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB