What is an Ammunition Truck?

Wrecking Crew

Is somewhere a list of specific objects static or active unarmed and their 'maintenance' radius?

Which active unarmed trucks specifically? Do same but static object trucks also provide with ammunition?

Airbase radius 2000m. It is the circle you see in the mission editor which also can dictate ownership if a ground vehicle enters the zone for a neutral airbase. For enemy airbases all enemy forces inside the circle must be destroyed to capture it.

FARP, warehouses (anything in warehouse static object category), and "warehouse" ground units radius appears to be 200m.

Ground units that can rearm other ground units: KAMAZ-43101, Ural-375, Ural-375 PBU, Ural-4320-31, Ural 4320T, Gaz-3308, Gaz-66, M818. If placed as static objects they can also be used to rearm ground forces.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Grimes, thank you again. So just to be sure, from 'western trucks' only M818 is capable to rearm while we have few selection of eastern made trucks.

Some additional questions I couldn't find answers for :

Do one truck contain unlimited ammo for its coalition?

Can one truck rearm multiple units at single time.

And will unit quantity for ammo delivering or receiving side speed up or slow down rearm process?

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

To my knowledge the country tech doesn't play into rearming vehicles. So if you had a Georgian Gaz-66 on Blue then US forces on blue can also rearm from it no problem. Its just right now the US/European trucks aren't well covered in terms of models, eventually that might change.

To answer your questions: yes, yes, and I don't think so. Basically ground vehicle ammo isn't stored as an entity like weapons, fuel, or aircraft are within the warehouse system. The units that get reloaded simply have to be within a given radius. However the amount and type of ammo that a specific unit needs does influence how long it takes to rearm it. Though that depends on the rules for how that specific weapon type gets rearmed. Most weapons on AI get rearmed shell by shell so the rearm time required scales up the more shells that are needed. See post 13 from this thread for a little more info on how that works. For example if you start to rearm a Tunguska it will always take a set period of time to rearm the guns, but to rearm the missiles it takes 134 seconds per missile.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 2 weeks later...

Was playing in an M1A2 last night

AP was replenishing fine, but HE was inconsistent.

Some other questions -

I pulled my tank up to the 818 and sat there but didnt see anything. Does a player have to abandon the vehicle for this to work?

We could really use some more refinement on this process, like a text note or something in the UI letting us know that the process is occurring. Steel Beasts has it worked out nicely.

Edited by Apocalypse31

• 1 year later...

ehh some day we gonna have appropriate ammo trucks with a menu in the mission editor where we can set the cargo load of specific ammunition (in a realistic manner such a vehicle can transport of course.) .. some day :doh:

My custom made aircraft skins and other content for DCS World!

WIN 10  / 64Gb RAM DDR4 @ 4000mhz / i9-10900KF @ 5.3ghz / NVIDIA GeForce 3090 RTX / SSD Samsung EVO 970 / VIRPIL / MFG Crosswind / Pimax 5k+