Announcing Tu-22M3 Troika by Black Cat Simulations

Besides you can always reduce the amount later. Better to do an accurate model first, and reduce the fidelity if need be at a later stage.

That`s exactly the case here.

Building highpoly model and later on reducing it to lower polycount suitable for game and baking highpoly mesh into lowpoly mesh to keep all smoothness and detail that`s just not gonna make it to lowpoly mesh.

Edited by 3DArtistExtreme

-=3DArtistExtreme=-

Modeling/UV mapping/Lighting/Shading/Texturing

3D Portfolio http://www.oleg-kovalev.com

FlyingIron Simulations

It`s like building a real plane, measuring each part multiple times then modeling it after that starting with a new one, then finding out that measurement is not completely correct due to lack of some images from dark hidden area or blueprints of the previous part, after that you starting tweaking or even start over until everything fits in a proper way and makes sense...

Z1hU8Bw.jpg

Edited by 3DArtistExtreme

-=3DArtistExtreme=-

FlyingIron Simulations

Thanks for feedback guys!

Fantastic work.... are you going to continue to show this type of progress every step of the way? If you are I will be glued to this thread mainly because of the quality thus far!!!

I`ll try to do it as much as I can!

-=3DArtistExtreme=-

FlyingIron Simulations

It`s like building a real plane, measuring each part multiple times then modeling it after that starting with a new one, then finding out that measurement is not completely correct due to lack of some images from dark hidden area or blueprints of the previous part, after that you starting tweaking or even start over until everything fits in a proper way and makes sense...

Z1hU8Bw.jpg

As I said earlier you have mad skills. CG movies don't have that much detailed work. Your modeling is more real than the real world.

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

My construction starts tomorrow. I really wait for this module. I watch all the threads and to have such module in DCS is something extraordinary and the people in BlackCat Sim need all the support they need. Great pictures and Great Work.

15078672_1786280181631816_5435324116170536065_n.jpg?oh=2fbc9ec44b351b5e8cea16cb9c7f6d51&oe=58B499BF

http://104thphoenix.com/ "Failure Is Not An Option" - Online Combat Simulation Since 1997

www.youtube.com/user/AntonioGR201 www.twitch.tv/104th_Tiger www.facebook.com/TIGER.GR.Tiger/

Discord: 104th_Tiger#1883

I have a four month window to do nothing but work on this simulation, so progress on the programming side will speed up. After nearly 9 years in intense jobs, I have burned out badly, severe depression, exhaustion, etc. I'm going to spend time re-establishing my relationship with my family and God, get my weight down, and my spirits renewed. The Bomber project makes me happy.

What do people think of starting another thread so this one isn't so long?

Brian

I have a four month window to do nothing but work on this simulation, so progress on the programming side will speed up. After nearly 9 years in intense jobs, I have burned out badly, severe depression, exhaustion, etc. I'm going to spend time re-establishing my relationship with my family and God, get my weight down, and my spirits renewed. The Bomber project makes me happy.

Brian

Hope things turn out well for you.

It might be a good idea to post news in one thread (without discussion) so people can find published info easier, and keep this one as a discussion thread for the module. How about that?

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

Brian

I support the idea of a read only Update/News thread, so we can follow the development more easily.

This thread can stay for chat and small talk.

May be another separate thread for "ideas/feedback/suggestions/wishlist for this module" from the community?

On the burn-out note, always(!) make private live, your loved ones and especially health a priority! If you need time for a break, take it.

If "work" on this module is relaxing and helps you focus, alright. If it stresses you and feels like "just another job" step away for a while... :thumbup:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

It might be a good idea to post news in one thread (without discussion) so people can find published info easier, and keep this one as a discussion thread for the module. How about that?

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

Or do what I did in the A-4 thread, and just link from the first post to each of the significant content updates as they get published.

Yeah most definitely. Rather than posting progress on an announcement page.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• 2 weeks later...

Brian

Will be praying for you!

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

So, I don`t know how far this project will go, but me and Oleg (3D modeler) were busy making Tu-134A for a movie. I repainted (old USSR livery) it so it will not kill us with NDA rules and now we can show you a WIP renders (4K, zoom tight!)

tu_134_cccp_01.jpg

tu_134_cccp_02.jpg

tu_134_cccp_03.jpg

tu_134_cccp_04.jpg

He is continuing working on Tu-22M3 model and I will start to texture model when he will have a little bit more stuff ready.

Edited by alieneye

YouTube || Copycats - technology and product clones (primarily aviation) || dgrigoriev.com
SPECS: i7 8700K (OK 5GHz), 2xGTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, 1Tb SSD, WIN 10, 2560x1440, Oculus Rift CV1 || TM Warthog, TIR5, MFG Crosswind pedals