Dynamic Campaign Engine

MBot

Most have probably already seen it in the respective modules forum sections, but the following campaigns using the new version of the Dynamic Campaign Engine have been released:

F/A-18C Dynamic Campaign: Battle Group Delta

F-14A Dynamic Campaign: Battle Group Delta

F-14B Dynamic Campaign: EastMed Fleet Defense

Next is wrapping up a new F-5E campaign.

Most have probably already seen it in the respective modules forum sections, but the following campaigns using the new version of the Dynamic Campaign Engine have been released:

F/A-18C Dynamic Campaign: Battle Group Delta

F-14A Dynamic Campaign: Battle Group Delta

F-14B Dynamic Campaign: EastMed Fleet Defense

Next is wrapping up a new F-5E campaign.

INstalled all these and they’re not showing in My Campaigns tab. :-(

• 1 month later...

Hello MBOT,

Your DCE is amazing. I have been playing the F18 campaign and is wonderful. I also tried the old F-4 campaigns and looks like there is an error in the end generating the report. I guess they are not comparable to the new engine at the moment. Is there plans to convert them for the new engine?

Hello MBOT,

Your DCE is amazing. I have been playing the F18 campaign and is wonderful. I also tried the old F-4 campaigns and looks like there is an error in the end generating the report. I guess they are not comparable to the new engine at the moment. Is there plans to convert them for the new engine?

I guess it’s a 2.5.6 bug ...

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Problem solved. The DCS folder has to permit files to be written and modified.

@Aspen could you tell me how to do this, it'd be much appreciated :)

Heatblur F-14 Tomcat | DCS F/A-18C Hornet | DCS A-10C II Warthog | BelSimTek UH-1H

RTX 2080 Super, i7 8700K @ 4.9Ghz, 16gb 2400Mhz DDR4, Asus Z370F, Corsair H115i Pro

Have the game installed somewhere else than "Program Files".

Those Program Files -folders are protected system folders that require admin privileges for the software to be able to write there.

Edited by Juuba
Typo
Sometimes I Amaze even Myself!

Hey there, guys!

First of all, happy Easter to everyone who celebrates this holyday. For everyone, I hope you're safe in this trying time.

Secondly, since I'm in lockdown and have a lot of spare time, some questions:

1) I'd like to play the Falcon over PG campaign; I have DCE version 30.12.2019 installed, can it run the campaign or do I need a different version? If so, which one and where can I find it?

2) Falcon over PG is a hot start campaign, is there a (possibly easy) way to edit it and have it as a cold start campaign?

3) Is there any kind of documentation on how the DCE works? Or at least some step-by-step tutorial on how to make a campaign?

Edited by Gianky

Hey there, guys!

First of all, happy Easter to everyone who celebrates this holyday. For everyone, I hope you're safe in this trying time.

Secondly, since I'm in lockdown and have a lot of spare time, some questions:

1) I'd like to play the Falcon over PG campaign; I have DCE version 30.12.2019 installed, can it run the campaign or do I need a different version? If so, which one and where can I find it?

2) Falcon over PG is a hot start campaign, is there a (possibly easy) way to edit it and have it as a cold start campaign?

3) Is there any kind of documentation on how the DCE works? Or at least some step-by-step tutorial on how to make a campaign?

I'm not sure how this campaign works but you should be able to change start mode in the camp_init.lua file in the Init folder then generate a new campaign using FirstMission.bat file

I made a little pdf to explain how our modded DCE campaigns work here :

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=191858

Look in the TF-74 campaigns...it's not a complete explanation how to make a brand new campaign but it's better than nothing :thumbup:

I made a small documentation about campaign making a long time ago but it's in french and not completly actualized :music_whistling:

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

P80..

Question.. i made sure im running release not beta.

The error message I get looks exactly.like that one! Making the ED folder writeable not read only kept getting overriden by the system.

I tried copy and pasting the entire folder it was taking foreber so Ill check when im home in an hour or two. My concerns are will a just copy and pasted copy moved from program files work?

2nd if this is the problem ecen

The latest beta changed things around in regards to scripting output for hitting stuff. They also introduced a new kill event, which makes some of my own hit tracking in DCE redundant (I needed to track who hit stuff last in order to award kills).

I am still waiting on what from the open beta ED pushes to the release version and will then adapt DCE.