DCS World 2.0 and New Maps Discussion Thread

Wags

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a side note, I just asked about the images, and it is as simple as the Newsletter post was moved to Official Announcements but not the images, so they were not removed :D They just didnt move with the post...

Positive response. Thanks Sith.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I find it hard to believe that ED is delaying the release of 2.0 because a couple of people on a forum posted some negative comments. ED has been around long enough to know that you can't please everyone all of the time and that the internet gives anonymous assholes a medium to troll without any real world consequence.

• ED Team
I find it hard to believe that ED is delaying the release of 2.0 because a couple of people on a forum posted some negative comments. ED has been around long enough to know that you can't please everyone all of the time and that the internet gives anonymous assholes a medium to troll without any real world consequence.

Say what? Who said they were delaying 2.0 because of negative comments?

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

And there is a classic example of what we are talking about..

Please READ the thread before posting..

NOWHERE was this stated... (And no I am not going to explain it, please re-read the comments)

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

hard to believe that ED is delaying the release of 2.0 because a couple of people on a forum posted some negative comments

Hard to believe indeed!

EDGE is not out yet because its not finished being tested, there are still some small issues to iron out, it has nothing to do with the bad men on the forums!

I'll put my SithSpawn hat on and tell you it IS 100% worth the wait ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Wow if people`s dumb #$@# complains got them removing the screen from the newsletter then i would hate to imaging they take it serious enough to delay EDGE
All this negative crap pushes ED to postpone the Beta longer, to do it "right", don't you get that?
I would find it very sad if in the end such developments affect developers themselves to the point where they hold back content just because they, understandably, want to avoid those unnecessary confrontations.
Just quickly read through the thread and these caught my eye

Everyone is coming at you because you are making statements that have absolutely NOTHING at all to do with the conversation at hand.. And then you go back and reread and still do not comprehend what was said..

NOBODY said ED was delaying 2.0 due to the forum comments..

How about you go back and read ALL the statements made and not cherry pick the ones that catch your eye..

Spewing nonsense is exactly what folks are talking about and you have managed to reinforce this nicely..

:doh:

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

They have taken direct action in a some occasions where people were upset, especially over a particular sale which I'm not gonna mention, and a certain crowdfunding fiasco, which is also nameless. Those are a few example of direct action I remember.

But I'm pretty sure they look through them more often than we may think. They aren't going to officially respond to everything, and they may not do everything they say. But they want to serve their customers. It's just theirs a fine line between constructive criticism and whining that needs to be filtered out.

I want EDGE badly, but I also want it done properly.

Except 120mi isn't far when your simulating a battlefield based around aerial combat. Its not likely most mission designers are going to place massive amounts of ground units where human interaction is unintended. An enemy/own EWR or AWACS could be well outside of your bubble but be constantly interacting with you at the same time. Or a long range sam site that exist solely to keep out of an area or on task. The entire area of play is already functionally a bubble (since the whole world isn't simulated), just a really large one, that still is technically too small for certain scenarios.

That's not a problem. Just create different bubbles for tanks, SAMs and aircraft etc.

Outlawal you obviously have some sort of comprehension problem or something. My comments aren't directed at what ED said, they are directed at the people saying "Don't say anything negative because if you do then it will push the release of 2.0 even further". I'm just saying that I don't believe this to be the case.

I find it hard to believe that ED is delaying the release of 2.0 ...

Maybe you should reread your own post then.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Has there ever been any word on the state of trees in EDGE 2.0?

They may still be ghost trees if performance will be problem. I hope that we can least make it option. I like to get solid trees for my chopper flights. :joystick:

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Do not flame me, but I don't think hes declaring that it is delayed because of comments, its just that people were speculating that the images were removed, and he was stating he didn't believe that negative comments would influence ED. But what the h*ll do I know.

EDIT: But I agree its confusing.

take-cover_fb_2544527.jpg

I find it hard to believe that ED is delaying the release of 2.0

Maybe you should reread your own post then.

Fine, you're right. I should have said "I find it hard to believe that ED would delay the release of 2.0"

Is my intent behind the post clearer now?