How to activate correctly EAC

jepessen

Hi.

Often when I perform the startup procedure everything seems ok but I've problems with the EAC switch. I activate the EAC switch at the right time (following the startup tutorial) and after I release the mouse the switch is reset again to off. The EAC warning light remains active and I cannot activate it. Even if I click the switch with the mouse multiple times it does not activate. Often I fail the training campaign because I cannot set it properly and I must repeat the same mission again and again until for some miracle it activates :cry::cry::cry:

What's the correct procedure in order to activate EAC?

did you properly aligned the egi system and activated all the four sas switches?

Reminder: when on the cdu stands 4.0.0.8 and RDY blinks, you have to click on nav on the right side of the CDU (or MFCD if CDU page is displayed). Then activate EGI on the middle console behind the stick.

• Like 1

Ensure EGI/CADC and SAS is fully up

Hi.

Often when I perform the startup procedure everything seems ok but I've problems with the EAC switch. I activate the EAC switch at the right time (following the startup tutorial) and after I release the mouse the switch is reset again to off. The EAC warning light remains active and I cannot activate it. Even if I click the switch with the mouse multiple times it does not activate. Often I fail the training campaign because I cannot set it properly and I must repeat the same mission again and again until for some miracle it activates :cry::cry::cry:

What's the correct procedure in order to activate EAC?

Hi,

Start with ensuring that valid data is received from LASTE sensors (CADC, EGI, SAS) and that SAS Engage switches are engaged (on), make sure EGI is selected on the NMSP. Also check that IFFCC is not in OFF position, and EGI INS is aligned, check if refueling lever is in closed position.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Yes it may just be the last piece of the sequence you are missing. Could you post a Track or YT of what you are doing. It will make it easier to assist.

check if refueling lever is in closed position.

Nah the fuel level doesn't have any influence on whether he can engage EAC or not.

Cheers

Hans

Joke

Yes it may just be the last piece of the sequence you are missing. Could you post a Track or YT of what you are doing. It will make it easier to assist.

Nah the fuel level doesn't have any influence on whether he can engage EAC or not.

Cheers

Hans

Ha! Nice try... Try enabling EAC when AAR then.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

the easy way..

when you got power running engage SAS (4 switches), on CDU wait to see "T = 4.0 0.8" which should mean 4 minutes gone and 0.8 error of something.

Always on CDU, after T = 4.0 0.8 set NAV

Then push EGI behind the stick

And engage EAC

| A-10C | MiG-21bis | Hawk T1.A | L-39 Albatros | F-5E | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | NTTR | CA | SU27 | M2000C | F-86F | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Mig 15 | Mig 19|

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog

the easy way..

when you got power running engage SAS (4 switches), on CDU wait to see "T = 4.0 0.8" which should mean 4 minutes gone and 0.8 error of something.

Always on CDU, after T = 4.0 0.8 set NAV

Then push EGI behind the stick

And engage EAC

This. Nothing to add to this :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Confused EAC and EAC autopilot mode

Ha! Nice try... Try enabling EAC when AAR then.

@Hansolo --

Sorry mate, I take it back. You are right for which I will give you rep +1:thumbup:

Hi,

Start with ensuring that valid data is received from LASTE sensors (CADC, EGI, SAS) and that SAS Engage switches are engaged (on), make sure EGI is selected on the NMSP. Also check that IFFCC is not in OFF position, and EGI INS is aligned, check if refueling lever is in closed position.

I activate all the sistems. How can I see if they are engaged correctly? There's some warning that I have to check?

Maybe you want to download this PDF file : Excerpt of A-10C training mission: start up sequenz

Do a search for it. It`s here in the DCS A-10C Warthog forum part.

But I don`t know how to create a link to it. Sorry !

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

How can I check if align is finished?

A text line on the CDU will flash and the alignment will take 4.0 (minutes) and reduce the drift to 0.8 (nm/hr).

The short checklist for EAC engagement is:

Full alignment in NAV mode

SAS (4) on

NMSP select EGI

There are other systems and conditions for EAC to be engaged but the 3 above are major ones and common to miss.

The EAC switch is magnetically-held and spring-loaded so if it flips off immediately something is missing. The magnetic coil to keep the EAC switch in the on position is only energized when certain conditions are met.

• Thanks 1

• 5 years later...