A-10C G limit

mustang19

Hi all,

First of all, great game. Secondly, I am not sure what the A-10C G limit is.

This source says:

The maximum G-loads for the A-10 with a weight around 30,000 pound is +7.33/-3.0 G symmetrical and +5.80/-1 G asymmetric. If the aircraft is close to its maximum gross weight, the maximum G-Load goes down to +5.0/-2.0 G symmetrical and +4.0/-1.0 G asymmetrical.

The android app DCS Encyclopedia says:

BZcb8Ap.jpg

We have at least two G limits, 7.3 or 5.8 from my source, and 5.9 from DCS. What does the DCS figure refer to? Assymetical G?

It varies massively with payload.

As far as I'm aware DCS doesn't simulate over G on the A-10. I've managed 11G on a clean A-10 with no consequences. But to do that I loaded 30% fuel, no external stores, and no gun ammo. Climbed to 20,000 and dove straight down at full power. Pulled up at about 450 IAS.

You have to try really hard to over G a loaded A-10.

Also: welcome to the forums!

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

Do the same with 4x GBU-12s, 4x Mavs, TGP and AIM-9s and you'll be surprised how quick your wings say goodbye.

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

Do the same with 4x GBU-12s, 4x Mavs, TGP and AIM-9s and you'll be surprised how quick your wings say goodbye.

Oh? I have faint memories of ripping the wings off an A-10 but assumed it wasn't implemented since I've never managed it since. I'll try it with stores tonight.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.