OPERATION CAGE THE BEAR (F/A-18C HORNET CAMPAIGN) - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-21-2020, 11:32 AM   #21
Razor18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor18 View Post
Operatin Cargo definitely keeps crashing for me. Always during the final descent back to homeplate, after having achieved the goals and escaped. Is it just me?

No one else having constant crash at the end of Cargo mission, close to the ship?
Razor18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 11:56 AM   #22
Forcavitale

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaba View Post
Yes!

Aiming for something out this weekend.
Forcavitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 12:52 PM   #23
kaba

Quote:
No one else having constant crash at the end of Cargo mission, close to the ship?
Is this still recurring for you?

Are you on stable or openbeta (and which versions)?

Do you have any mods? any edits made to the mission?
kaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 03:05 PM   #24
Razor18

Yeah, tried before yesterday (still before SC was out), CTD pretty close to the ship homebound, again and again. Edit no (never ever opened ME). Mods some, but I think irrelevant to F-18, but you never know:

OvGME activated:
A-10C clicks fixed
Bankler Case I recovery 5.2
Gun dispersion tweak
JTAC coordinates DMS 2.5.6
Tacca's NVG mod

I can try without them, if you wish, but I don't think any of them interfering. Opinion? I didn't have the patience to wait until any crash log generated, I just Ctrl Alt Del'd out to Task Manager and killed DCS.

Oh, btw I use to put up TGP in centerline discarding center tank. Can this be maybe causing something?

Last edited by Razor18; 05-21-2020 at 03:11 PM.
Old 05-21-2020, 03:20 PM   #25
kaba

Quote:
Yeah, tried before yesterday (still before SC was out), CTD pretty close to the ship homebound, again and again. Edit no (never ever opened ME). Mods some, but I think irrelevant to F-18, but you never know:

OvGME activated:
A-10C clicks fixed
Bankler Case I recovery 5.2
Gun dispersion tweak
JTAC coordinates DMS 2.5.6
Tacca's NVG mod

I can try without them, if you wish, but I don't think any of them interfering. Opinion? I didn't have the patience to wait until any crash log generated, I just Ctrl Alt Del'd out to Task Manager and killed DCS.

Oh, btw I use to put up TGP in centerline discarding center tank. Can this be maybe causing something?
Always a chance that the mods cause something wrong here. Although there are no lua scripts or anything funky in my missions that should interfere. Would be helpful if you wouldn't mind trying a playthrough without these mods and let me know if that solves it.

Do you have any tacviews of this issue? It would be helpful for me to try and look at these.

If no tacviews - can you give me as much detail on exactly where you are when this happens? Is it a certain distance from the carrier, or specific time, or location etc?

I can't imagine the TGP would cause any issue - again nothing in the mission that should even recognise that you have changed the loadouts.
Old 05-21-2020, 04:05 PM   #26
Razor18

Shoot ! I found actually 3 CARGO files, but TacView can not open exactly those two files, which ended up crashing. Any other files before or after those is a go. Probably TacView couldn't even finish or close recording properly due to the very crash? The 3rd is when I aborted mid mission, after realizing, that I can drop bombs in AUTO also after release cue has marched down through the VV. (Bug reported of course.) So it looks like no TacView eigther. Or can you hack .acmi files maybe?
Old 05-21-2020, 04:17 PM   #27
kaba

Quote:
Shoot ! I found actually 3 CARGO files, but TacView can not open exactly those two files, which ended up crashing. Any other files before or after those is a go. Probably TacView couldn't even finish or close recording properly due to the very crash? The 3rd is when I aborted mid mission, after realizing, that I can drop bombs in AUTO also after release cue has marched down through the VV. (Bug reported of course.) So it looks like no TacView eigther. Or can you hack .acmi files maybe?
Yes I've come across tacview being unable to open files after a crash. Don't know of any workarounds I'm afraid.

So - if you can give me as much extra detail as you can, I can look into this from my side.

In the meantime, please do give it a try without your mods as they are the most likely source of issue right now?
Old 05-21-2020, 04:35 PM   #28
Razor18

Will try without mod, and record as many circumstances as I can.
Old 05-22-2020, 06:46 PM   #29
kaba

UPDATED: Now includes Supercarrier version of the campaign.

Download the update HERE

Select the Supercarrier version of this campaign from your campaign menu to restart fresh on the new carrier

- OR -

Replace your existing missions with those included in the SUPERCARRIER folder to resume your campaign using the updated missions.

Please let me know of any comments, bugs or suggestions!
Old 05-23-2020, 01:01 AM   #30
Mower
Veteran

Cheers brother.