F16 TGP slewing issue - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-06-2020, 08:26 PM   #31
Leostra

Just very happy I was able to help.
Leostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 09:35 PM   #32
freebirddz

Hi there, still at least one waypoint needed to CCRP work !?
Old 04-07-2020, 10:19 PM   #33
USA_Recon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra99 View Post
Hey Flightsimnerd,
This means there has to be a waypoint near your target area you can initially slew to and then adjust as necessary.
TMS down, put it into boresite, point at where targets are and TMS up.

You don't need a waypoint for any of this.
USA_Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 01:48 AM   #34
Baitball

Sorry to add another problem here, but I'm experiencing an odd issue with my TGP. TGP is set to AG mode, weapons set to AG mode, CCRP mode selected, Master Arm on, Laser Code set, Laser on, SOI on TGP with TMS down to reset to center.

However, although doing this does show my TGP box on my HUD and TMS up on the target does ground lock to the target I was pointing my box at, the box then continues to float on the HUD as bore sight and does not cage to the locked target on the ground.

I also see a steering cue with heading corrections at the top of my HUD heading tape that I never selected or want. This results in the lack of a pickle countdown on my HUD along with a false CCRP vertical steering line on the HUD.

What am I doing wrong?
Baitball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 10:51 AM   #35
Leostra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baitball View Post
Sorry to add another problem here, but I'm experiencing an odd issue with my TGP. TGP is set to AG mode, weapons set to AG mode, CCRP mode selected, Master Arm on, Laser Code set, Laser on, SOI on TGP with TMS down to reset to center.

However, although doing this does show my TGP box on my HUD and TMS up on the target does ground lock to the target I was pointing my box at, the box then continues to float on the HUD as bore sight and does not cage to the locked target on the ground.

I also see a steering cue with heading corrections at the top of my HUD heading tape that I never selected or want. This results in the lack of a pickle countdown on my HUD along with a false CCRP vertical steering line on the HUD.

What am I doing wrong?
Dear "What am I doing wrong"

If I were you, I would contact a guy called "TacticalPascal" on either Youtube or by searching our group Tactical DCS Community.

This is a fairly new group of guys who patiently walk you through any issues you have and are very good at helping even the most basic players.

AND if you wanted to, I would fly with you and walk you through it myself.

Leo

Also, check out this video. At 2:30 mins, he is talking about what you want to hear I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtKQ7IWaYP4&t=337s

Last edited by Leostra; 04-09-2020 at 01:39 PM. Reason: adding info
Old 05-16-2020, 03:57 PM   #36
Toumal

Hey @Baitball did you ever find out the cause for this behavior? I'm getting this every now and then, and it's a non-recoverable situation for me when it hits. I have to get out of the plane and into a fresh one to fix it.
Like you, I'm able to slew and lock onto a target, but the pipper on the HUD remains on boresight. Switching SOI etc. doesn't change this one bit.

Getting into a new plane and everything is back to normal for, like the next 5 missions or so. Frankly I think this is simply a bug, since it's not something I can reproduce reliably, nor is it in any way recoverable. Once I see that bomb fall line stuck to one side and the pipper in the middle, I know I have to restart.
Toumal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 02:21 PM   #37
Leostra

Toumal, is there a chance that you are locked onto something and the fall line is focusing on that off of your hud and toward the direction you're locked target is? Just a thought.
Old 05-21-2020, 06:25 PM   #38
HR-Crumble

Hi guys - since the new update last night the TPOD seems to be behaving better for me. Whilst ED did not mention a tpod update on the change log it is certainly better for me.

However I find that as long as I have a waypoint on my targets from mission editor etc then I can use the TPOD and TMS functions absolutely fine.

It is when I do not have a waypoint and I wish to 'go rogue' with the pod and just slew it around and find my own targets of oppo.

I cannot get it to TMS aft and boresight the pod and if I eventually manage to get it locked onto a target it's hit or miss if I can get point track or wide view etc.

SOI is the TPOD and CCRP mode is enabled for reference.

I'm guessing it's just not finished yet.

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk
HR-Crumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 07:01 PM   #39
Furiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR-Crumble View Post
Hi guys - since the new update last night the TPOD seems to be behaving better for me. Whilst ED did not mention a tpod update on the change log it is certainly better for me.

However I find that as long as I have a waypoint on my targets from mission editor etc then I can use the TPOD and TMS functions absolutely fine.

It is when I do not have a waypoint and I wish to 'go rogue' with the pod and just slew it around and find my own targets of oppo.

I cannot get it to TMS aft and boresight the pod and if I eventually manage to get it locked onto a target it's hit or miss if I can get point track or wide view etc.

SOI is the TPOD and CCRP mode is enabled for reference.

I'm guessing it's just not finished yet.

The TPOD is deffinatley not finished yet it is missing options and it shouldn't move the waypoint as far as I know, it uses something like a offset.

The issue I have with it is that the TPOD sight gets obstructed before the laser guided bomb hits the target making laser designation above certain altitude impossible,
is that the right behaviour?
Furiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 12:19 AM   #40
HR-Crumble

Well since the update the other day my food is now working flawlessly as are the ones for the guys in our Virtual Wing who also fly Vipers.

Now I know the update change log did not contain anything specific to the TPOD but all the hotas functions work flawlessly.

Even without putting waypoints on a mission I can just see a target and go TMS aft and it boresights the TPOD and then the slew works fast and smooth and is easy to find TOO.

I'm dead chuffed with it!

HR-Crumble is offline   Reply With Quote