Weta43
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafspee View Post
So this is only bf 109 in disguise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingme View Post
Copy/paste code?
A damged planes visual model, flight model, system modelling and damage model's LODs are nothing to do with one another.

You could (& I think people have) replace the external model of a spitfire with the model from an aircraft carrier, and it will still fly like a spitfire.

Unless E.D. are idiots, all the modules will share a common tree/file structure to the greatest extent possible.

It's very likely that while developing the aircraft, someone did copy paste & rename the burnt out aircraft model with an existing one to populate the tree structure and let testing start, and that it was never replaced.

That's no indication that anything else in the module is a copy paste, or that the spitfire is 'only a Bf-109 in disguise' (though maybe that was a joke ? Tone of voice is very hard to read on internet chat.)
Old 05-21-2020, 11:16 PM   #1192
amazingme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weta43 View Post
A damged planes visual model, flight model, system modelling and damage model's LODs are nothing to do with one another.

You could (& I think people have) replace the external model of a spitfire with the model from an aircraft carrier, and it will still fly like a spitfire.

Unless E.D. are idiots, all the modules will share a common tree/file structure to the greatest extent possible.

It's very likely that while developing the aircraft, someone did copy paste & rename the burnt out aircraft model with an existing one to populate the tree structure and let testing start, and that it was never replaced.

That's no indication that anything else in the module is a copy paste, or that the spitfire is 'only a Bf-109 in disguise' (though maybe that was a joke ? Tone of voice is very hard to read on internet chat.)
I never said that.. you just assumed that I did and you jumped to the wrong conclusions. And if you mentioned it, the physics should be the same for all planes, for example the density of the air, what should be different is each plane parameters.. Cutting corners is not a good option for a simulator, it doesn't feel right, at least..

Sent from my Redmi 5 using Tapatalk
Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:
Spoiler:
2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5
amazingme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 07:16 AM   #1193
312_JS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weta43 View Post
Which is exactly what Amazingme suggested..
Old 05-22-2020, 05:49 PM   #1194
ouky1991

So we are aproaching 3 year anniversary of the new damage model announcement. How long do you guys think it's gonna take? 2 more weeks?
ouky1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 06:45 PM   #1195
312_JS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouky1991 View Post
So we are aproaching 3 year anniversary of the new damage model announcement. How long do you guys think it's gonna take? 2 more weeks?
My money is on the P47 release.
Old 05-22-2020, 06:52 PM   #1196
Ala13_ManOWar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 312_JS View Post
My money is on the P47 release.
I think of that either, would be a good time to release it hence they avoid working twice in P-47 DM.

S!
Old 05-22-2020, 08:09 PM   #1197
zcrazyx

Quote:
2 more weeks seems to be about right
zcrazyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 11:32 PM   #1198
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
The DM testers just got a fat changelog to work with and will be testing that. For how much longer it will need, I would guess as much as it needs. We want it to be that good.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 11:38 PM   #1199
Enduro14

Lucky Testers, Bean Footage
Old 05-22-2020, 11:47 PM   #1200
greco.bernardi

I confess that this damage model, as we have now and the long wait for the new one, is making everything difficult and frustrating (I have owned the P51 since 2013 and a DCS WW2 baker support).

To illustrate what's going on ...
The other day, in the first 2.5.6 on the LFDM server, I lost my wings to enemy fire in my 109 and still managed to continue flying on a level flight. It's true that I can't turn around anymore!

Or when attacking an indestructible ship with bombs and I realize that it has a level bar like a "mortal kombat" like all other land vehicles to measure the level of damage.

I don't know how long it will take for ED to finish the new DM ... But I hope it doesn't take many months more.
Now, I try to enjoy my 109 offline without fighting, like landing on AircraftCarriers or maneuvering somewhere.
Anyelse the other day I tried to take advantage with another ww2 sim, because they have an update a few days and a new DM and I did remenber why I uninstalled it a few years ago ...

DCS have the best FM, the best sound, the best cockpits, but a really awful DM. Now as it is...Looks like a 90's game.

Anyway i will still waiting!

Last edited by greco.bernardi; 05-23-2020 at 03:10 AM.
greco.bernardi is offline   Reply With Quote