H-60 Variant?

WHOGX5

H-60 Variant?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. H-60 Variant?

• The HH-60G sounds like a great idea!
    • I'd rather have the UH-60M.
    • There are other helicopters I'd prefer over the H-60 family.
    • I only fly things with afterburners.

This poll is heavily biased... 2 options for a 60 one for no helicopters and one for "other" helicopter. Put one up that had all the options and you'll see overwhelming support for the ah 1 like on their facebook post's comments.

This thread was focused specifically on how many people wanted the H-60, but I get your point. Feel free to create a poll akin to the one on Polychop's FB page here if you want. I know what I'll be voting for. :D

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

I'd rather see an Army variant since those have been the work horses and mainstay in the current GWOT theaters, majority of dustoff operations have been carried out by Army Blackhawk crews... Either way I would love to see any variant of that bird.

That's why I thought the HH-60G was a good variant to model. If you just strip it of the advanced avionics you literally get a UH-60A. Same engines, same airframe, etc. Two birds with one stone! :thumbup:

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

he following will not be possible the be simulated at any cause

SATCOM satellite communications

Secure/anti-jam communications

These areas, even if DCS would bring the Satelite communication in as soon there might be a globe to fly on, these systems are highly classified.

To hot to touch

Honestly, accurate communications modeling is a small sacrifice to make considering how it's not even properly implemented in DCS at the moment. I don't think it will stop people from buying it. To summarize my standpoint, PLEASE MAKE THE HH-60G!!!!!!!! :joystick:

DCS Wishlist:

The thing is that the MH-60M is a lot more modern and, hence, harder to get a hold of documentation and more complex to model.

That's why I also proposed the MH-60K from the 90s, more documentation should be available and it is still glass cockpit.

• Like 1

"You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to your level of preparation."

Voted against, however I would otherwise have voted in favour but at the moment I feel like we'd end up with a newer fancier Huey with exactly the same niche, there are a few things that need doing first. For me this is predominately the rescue hoist/winch (HH-60G Pave Hawk is CSAR helicopter). If we want more modern variants that will bring problems with getting documentation. If we want the SH-60 Sea Hawk then not only are we missing the rescue hoist but we're also missing everything ASW that I can think of (on the SH-60 that'll be sonobuoys, MAD systems, multi-function RADAR, torpedoes etc). Plus the naval environment needs huge amounts of work anyway.

Apart from that yes, I would very much like to see some members of the H-60/S-70 family

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I think a run of the mill UH60M would be best, it has a glass cockpit, can be outfitted with rescue hoists, FLIR*, refuel probe* and has the capability of using just about any weapon you can hang from the ESSS pylons, in addition to Volcano mine dispenser. Also the S70i is almost identical to the mike in every way, so information should be relatively freely available.

*requires some airframe modification, nothing a check box can't fix.

LG 34UC97 34" 3440x1440 monitor | 2x GTX-980 G1 Gaming

I7-5820k @ 3.3GHz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 2133Mhz

Samsung 840 EVO 120GB & 1TB SSDs | Seagate 3TB HDD

TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

No more UH family, How about any variant or variety of this bird??

attachment.php?attachmentid=171051&stc=1&d=1508697255

We only have one UH aircraft (which has nothing to do with any Hawk Series Helicopters). UH is just a US general designation, nothing to do with aircraft being similar. The biggest problem is just getting enough info on any of these highly complicated aircraft

• 1 month later...

European choppers I would rather over the UH-60;

Lynx.

The baby Jesus himself gave us the Merlin, welcome to a supreme design. The US marine choice for Marine 1 and all other Marine choppers if the Osprey failed!

Puma SA 330 and later models

Dare I say the Lakota? The truth of solid European design that is just the start of the invasion!

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Dare I say the Lakota? The truth of solid European design that is just the start of the invasion!

I wouldn't dare. Unless you want a weak, less useful helicopter that can't carry near the same combat load.

Aside from that, the poll isn't really complete. There are a ton of other 60 variants. Honestly, I think a Lima model is probably more probable and feasible.

If attack is all people really want, the Columbians have the AH-60 DARPIA, although I suspect it could be re-configured for other missions.

Edited by heloguy

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

Id prefer the simplicity of an analog cockpit UH-60A/L. N0 worries re documentation, easier to develop, looks better in VR (IMHO), classic vanilla 'Hawk. Id also love something with bite - AH-64. AH-1, OH-58D, MD-530G, etc.....

How about an AH-64A!???? should be very little sensitive left in that......

anything looks like black hawk is welcomed

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I wouldn't dare. Unless you want a weak, less useful helicopter that can't carry near the same combat load.

Aside from that, the poll isn't really complete. There are a ton of other 60 variants. Honestly, I think a Lima model is probably more probable and feasible.

If attack is all people really want, the Columbians have the AH-60 DARPIA, although I suspect it could be re-configured for other missions.

This is not the Lakota's purpose, this is a simplistic pear or peaches comparison. What is developing in Europe is a steady and solid maturity of the helicopter platform that has a solid investment from both military and civil aviation. It is a simple model of growth that occurs whilst all other nations plough all their resources into air superiority.

The future of the chopper is European.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Id prefer the simplicity of an analog cockpit UH-60A/L. N0 worries re documentation, easier to develop, looks better in VR (IMHO), classic vanilla 'Hawk. Id also love something with bite - AH-64. AH-1, OH-58D, MD-530G, etc.....

How about an AH-64A!???? should be very little sensitive left in that......

I am behind Polychop simulations 110% and I will try hard not to insult them in my answer regarding the AH-64A or MD-530G.

These two giants of war, these two machines of righteousness were given to us by the god of war, Ares himself. The AH-64A (D) and MD 500 model(s) are forged by the god of war himself.

In my book, only ED can release such demons onto the general populace.

The MD 500 series and especially the Vietnam war early models would signify a shocking change to the DCS world maps.... far off in the future me thinks.... far too involved on an intimate level with your enemy.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

The future of the chopper is European.

So where's the NH-90? After how many years?

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

The NH-90 is a hunk a junk in my book...... but that is only in my book mind!

The Merlin creams the NH-90 lock stock and two smoking barrels!

The main land Europeans tried to replicate the expensive Merlin.... they tried real hard!

The Merlin is a machine of such power with its 3 rolls Royce engines, active vibration control and Berp blades... it is powerful and smooth in the same breath.

At the same time it occupies a small area due to its short blade length for naval operations, but this required a faster rotor speed as compensation. To eradicate the the fast blade tip problems the BERP tips were employed for the perfect compromise....... there was never a more beautiful machine that graced the rotor world.

The Merlin is simply fit for purpose...... it is a Done deal!

The Merlin is simply the greatest mid/high weight machine that ever existed so far and I simply believe that to be so.

It is simply bliss full blade design and vibration management in one hunk of a powerful package..... it is simply a done deal here!

Edited by Rogue Trooper

I am behind Polychop simulations 110% and I will try hard not to insult them in my answer regarding the AH-64A or MD-530G.

These two giants of war, these two machines of righteousness were given to us by the god of war, Ares himself. The AH-64A (D) and MD 500 model(s) are forged by the god of war himself.

In my book, only ED can release such demons onto the general populace.

The MD 500 series and especially the Vietnam war early models would signify a shocking change to the DCS world maps.... far off in the future me thinks.... far too involved on an intimate level with your enemy.

Uh.......huh?

Uh.......huh?

It means I would rather a merlin any day in comparison to any hunk of junk UH-60 in any guise or form.... even if they hang more weapons on it !

I would rather put on wishlist Lynx, it also applies to Naval ops.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer