The Kaukasus Offensive revived!

HiJack

Congratulations to RED side for winning the "KO Revived" test round! :clap:

The mission is reset so you can play again but I'm planning a competition in KO with some prices. Just need to get the rules more aligned first but I will reset the map when the competition is starting. All are of course welcome to test out KO in the mean time by logging on the server and learn to capture bases territory. :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=169105&d=1505265328

RED_testround_12_09_2017.thumb.png.cf472223d1c6d446c26948cadffe322d.png

yeah, Oorah for the reds' victory !

and I have a suggestion:

how about posting on the webpage total Blue/Red campaign victories/losses numbers? now it's 0:1 after yesterday's reds' blitzkrieg

Edited by ZHeN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This was a testround ZHeN. There was some bugs and changes to the mission also. I had from the start planned to implement new statistics but that needs some rework of the database. Work on the database will start now as the campaign is working. There is still some bugs on the webpage also that needs fixing.

I was over Senaki 5min ago and midrange sam unit didn't launch at me. IRsam was launching at me though, don't know for aaa.

Happy debuging :)

If i may add my humble opinion ^^, it would be nice to have SAMs on the hill north of senaki to prevent sneaky interceptors waiting for blues to take off, Nalchik is defended in this manner, one on the airfield and one remote Midrange SAM down south. And of course they'd need to work, obviously :).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Heh! I waas doing just that little before and didn't payoff as I exposed my self twice for 3-5sec. But I agree on the subject. Although units can be deployed after it's rare to see heli pilots doing that, even on mission restart. Maybe if one sam unit would separate from a convoy and take random hill position...:music_whistling:

If i may add my humble opinion ^^, it would be nice to have SAMs on the hill north of senaki to prevent sneaky interceptors waiting for blues to take off, Nalchik is defended in this manner, one on the airfield and one remote Midrange SAM down south. And of course they'd need to work, obviously :).

Good tip. I will make a note of this and check mission. Thanks :)

What are the victory conditions to trigger a win ? When I left the server at 11th september late evening, the map looked like this already (but the western FARP was still blue then)

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

What are the victory conditions to trigger a win ? When I left the server at 11th september late evening, the map looked like this already (but the western FARP was still blue then)

you lose if you have less than three objectives left

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have an idea for the radios:

Having only one main "default" frequency (@251), makes for a lot of radio chatter and cluter. I know you can switch to whichever you want, but...

Why not make the "default", main channel, the Guard frequency (@243), but not use it for doing tasks or chit-chat

Bare with me, let me explain as much,as I can:

As most modern planes, I think, have the option to listen to "BOTH", we can use the guard channel for initial mic check and afterwards, to just listen to it. Make it a channel where people call out for help if needed, or shorty bring up "mission critical" info (something everyone has to hear) as objective capture, etc.

Have a separate channels for GCI/ATC, where people can announce also what they are planning to do and from there on, use an VHF frequency of their choice to cooperate with other people who are doing the same as you.

It is just an quick idea. My main point is to not have all the people discussing their inner attack plans on the main frequency. I think this way both UHF and VHF radios can be utilised to their potential and still keep the "comms" tidy and effective.

I just recently found about the server, I LOVE IT. The dynamics and difficulty are awesome.

Hope you take this in consideration, I know I might be asking for too much :)

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Soo, today I finally got a chance to spend some proper time online here.. Server ran flawlessly except that one time in the last hour before mission restart when everyone lost F10 menu in helos so you couldn't load anything..

I also had 1 dcs crash but Rex said its dcs fault.

Anyway, I just want to say that I had a great time flying today on K.O. and one big Thank you for reviveing it! S!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soo, today I finally got a chance to spend some proper time online here.. Server ran flawlessly except that one time in the last hour before mission restart when everyone lost F10 menu in helos so you couldn't load anything..

I also had 1 dcs crash but Rex said its dcs fault.

Anyway, I just want to say that I had a great time flying today on K.O. and one big Thank you for reviveing it! S!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for reporting this issue but finding and debugging that is nearly impossible if it happens once in a while. It can be a local server problem or a code problem, the list is huge! But I'm still working on some bugs that is discovered so hopefully it is among the discovered ones. I will also work to make a reporting outside the DCS logs that can be kept for longer time to use as reference on what happened between server restarts. For now the campaign and webpage is working quite good except for some small unimportant bugs so I will start to work on adding some needed functions to the code.

I'm very glad you like the campaign. It does really change a lot compared to normal static mission. :joystick:

• Like 1

As adding to the code concerns I hope it means also adding and removing units to the CTLD, as I miss AAA the most, to stop fighter gunruns on poor exposed LAZY as hell sam units and for EWRs also... For example, antena2 and bulls antena positions are awful for sam placement also due to poor mesh in dcs and therefore stand no chance. I spend a day yesterday in heli even though I had plans to fly other aircraft and in the end sadly all went down the drain... One and a half transport heli pilot can't keep the campaign running as destruction is far to big so my suggestion is that some automation should be added in terms of unit repair and maybe also initial placement at the conquest. I am aware that one unit placed at antena won't last long as it didn't yesterday but lets face it that transport pilots are minority around here and can't do the amount needed to properly secure the area.

The other thing is that if we can't deploy mortar and that artillery isn't working (I never got it to fire) there is no point to collect tanks at positions and they get stuck on farps in numbers so we can't even call the needed air defences. With all the things malfunctioning in DCS (combined arms) it doesn't have much point to have a unit placed just that it looks real. More real would be seeing analog AAA firing on aircraft and flack around if possible instead waiting for vulcan to get its lock.

For the end:

- I'd be happy to see aircraft slot positions removed from the webpage as it induces unnecessary intelligence that shouldn't be present to the ones not on the server, AND EVEN TO THE ONES ON THE SERVER IF ED IS READING THIS!!!

- Coalition restraint for the duration of the campaign.

- All kind of session recording for players removed.

Thanks for taking into consideration any of the above.

it's strange, but I didn't get any cash this morning for killing two helicopters... a bug ? earned a $1000 for a figherkill afterwards...

also, I've made a russian translation of campaign's briefing on the website: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=193089

would be great to add this link to the website and the mission briefing itself inside the DCS

(ПЕРЕВОД НА РУССКИЙ ЯЗЫК)

Edited by ZHeN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I second Dean´s opinion (concept and work of the Campaing is highly appreciated though).

The problem for helo pilots is that if you work on deploying stuff with no CAP cover you are lost - and I am a fairly experienced Huey pilot. Whatever you do - a single Mig 21 will take you down after a while. Well....cooperation - yes....but what can you do if there´s no fighter protecting you. Watch the opposing party do their work.

Maybe a "call CAP" option when no human fighter is on your side could be a relief?

Dean´s right about the antennas....due to their location and the lack of proper mesh, they are hard to reach...not only because they are really high but no place to put your skids down safely. I was one of the poor pilots destroying the antenna while crashing....placed a Thor but while trying to unpack I was caught by the wind (11m/s) and boom.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

The problem for helo pilots is that if you work on deploying stuff with no CAP cover you are lost - and I am a fairly experienced Huey pilot. Whatever you do - a single Mig 21 will take you down after a while. Well....cooperation - yes....but what can you do if there´s no fighter protecting you.

I can't agree on that. You can do your heli work under cover of SAMs you've built. The only time you're really vulnerable is at the start of campaign when you're going to get the first farp open. You are exposed at this point, yes. But you always can land and turn your engine off, wait for the fighter to go away.

But personally I haven't attacked any helicopters at the start of campaign for a long while ... I let the opposing side build up, since it's much more fun.

Edited by ZHeN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ZHeN that is correct...I referred to the start of the campaign....but not everyone is so fair to let helos do their work (no offense because that is no given rule). If you have no antenna to deploy something in the wild it´s hard.

As soon as you can cover yourself it´s a lot easier

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

I see the problem for helo's at the start of the campaign and will look in to if there is another way to have some initial protection on the bases. But once you have built a SAM setup you should try to keep the SAM cover working. As of now I think it is to easy to capture the main airports without any fighter support so I will look into that as well. No promises though.

Server is back up after some downtime due to local infrastructure changes. Play on! :joystick:

I second Dean´s opinion (concept and work of the Campaing is highly appreciated though).

The problem for helo pilots is that if you work on deploying stuff with no CAP cover you are lost - and I am a fairly experienced Huey pilot. Whatever you do - a single Mig 21 will take you down after a while. Well....cooperation - yes....but what can you do if there´s no fighter protecting you. Watch the opposing party do their work.

Maybe a "call CAP" option when no human fighter is on your side could be a relief?

Dean´s right about the antennas....due to their location and the lack of proper mesh, they are hard to reach...not only because they are really high but no place to put your skids down safely. I was one of the poor pilots destroying the antenna while crashing....placed a Thor but while trying to unpack I was caught by the wind (11m/s) and boom.

I can't agree on that. You can do your heli work under cover of SAMs you've built. The only time you're really vulnerable is at the start of campaign when you're going to get the first farp open. You are exposed at this point, yes. But you always can land and turn your engine off, wait for the fighter to go away.

But personally I haven't attacked any helicopters at the start of campaign for a long while ... I let the opposing side build up, since it's much more fun.

ZHeN that is correct...I referred to the start of the campaign....but not everyone is so fair to let helos do their work (no offense because that is no given rule). If you have no antenna to deploy something in the wild it´s hard.

As soon as you can cover yourself it´s a lot easier

Edited by HiJack