[UH-1H] Forestry Operations

Initially started working on this mission a few months ago as part of my GreenWar campaign.

I don't know when I'll be able to complete it so I figured I could share this simple mission in the meantime.

81GSlTQ.jpg

There are 6 cargo zones with a various number of trunks, bring them back to the drop zone.

Upuaut's Cargo+Helipads+Hospital,etc mod & %20UH-1%20EVERGREEN.rar?dl=0"]Evergreen livery required.

You might experience some issue with the communication menu.

If it's the case, turn off "easy communication" in the option and make sure to land before bringing up the com. menu.

EDIT :

Actually, ED changed the communication system. Whenever you are in flight, you should use "Pilot's radio trigger RADIO" (default key is R.Alt + \)
DOWNLOAD MISSION

2nm57Ry.jpg

xSAOkyf.jpg

SYK8gIB.jpg

Edited by Eight Ball
  • Like 1

Don't thank me too quickly...

I've just tried the mission after restarting DCS (after a permanent freeze on the loading screen, pretty much the only thing DCS is achieving consistently lately...) and I can't get the communication menu to show up.

Only way I've been able to make it work was to make sure "easy communication" was turned off in the option, and even then you must be landed for the menu to show up. And it doesn't work at all in MP.

I don't get it. I've spend a hour tweaking the mission earlier today and it was working perfectly fine.

Feel free to look into it if you want but, personally, I won't even touch the mission editor with a stick before quite a while...

Edited by Eight Ball

I just tested and it worked well, but only in SP, don't know what will happen in MP. But I was able to pick up the wood and bring it to loggingplace.

Only problem: The wood has camouflage, not wooden texture...but I think that should be a issue in mod-structure of my DCS.

Weird...

About the missing texture, check this :

Use JSGME for unstallation.

Add this line to C:\Users\"your username"\Saved Games\DCS\Config\autoexec.cfg

table.insert(options.graphics.VFSTexturePaths, "./Bazar/World/textures/staddons")

e.g.

table.insert(options.graphics.VFSTexturePaths, "D:/games/DCS World OpenBeta/Bazar/World/textures/staddons")

There is no autoexec for openalpha, openbeta or stable. Very strange.

I just checked the thread of the mod and didn't found anything. But thats not that big of the deal.

It would be great, if there would be a feedback for complete delivery of the logs, I don't know if the editor allows that kind of script?

And delivered log should disappear from comms-menu, yesterday I needed much time to find the last package of the first spot.

If you don't have any autoexec, just create one. I've attached mine, you will have to edit the path tho.

When I'll integrate this mission into my GreenWar campaign, you will have a voice-over feedback everytime you deliver the logs. But I'm quite busy with other stuff right now and it might take a few months. It was really a simple mission inspired by this video and given the issue I have with radio, I'm glad I didn't waste too much time on it.

[ame]

[/ame]

Thanks for the feedback! :)

autoexec.cfg

Edited by Eight Ball

If you don't have any autoexec, just create one. I've attached mine, you will have to edit the path tho.

When I'll integrate this mission into my GreenWar campaign, you will have a voice-over feedback everytime you deliver the logs. But I'm quite busy with other stuff right now and it might take a few months. It was really a simple mission inspired by this video and given the issue I have with radio, I'm glad I didn't waste too much time on it.

Thanks for the feedback! :)

I've tryed with the installation of autoexe.cfg in the three directory of DCS in the specific way you give higher but this one is not working....:(:(

ok, if you have downloaded the autoexec.cfg I've posted earlier, it should look exactly like this :

--options.graphics.maxfps = 60
options.graphics.ScreenshotQuality = 100
--options.graphics.render3D = false

-- add custom texture path
-- note the slashes!

table.insert(options.graphics.VFSTexturePaths, "C:/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World 2 OpenAlpha/Bazar/World/textures/staddons")

replace the last line with this one (assuming the non capital letter of your HDD is a typo):

table.insert(options.graphics.VFSTexturePaths, "D:/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World 2 OpenAlpha/Bazar/World/textures/staddons")

Nope :( I'm trying with the Mi8 helipadgrid or with the air race item but the texture are still missing. But Must I create a folder called staddons?

the staddons.zip comes from the Upuaut's Cargo & Object MOD!

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

I've just tried the mission after restarting DCS (after a permanent freeze on the loading screen, pretty much the only thing DCS is achieving consistently lately...) and I can't get the communication menu to show up.

Only way I've been able to make it work was to make sure "easy communication" was turned off in the option, and even then you must be landed for the menu to show up. And it doesn't work at all in MP.

I don't get it. I've spend a hour tweaking the mission earlier today and it was working perfectly fine.

Feel free to look into it if you want but, personally, I won't even touch the mission editor with a stick before quite a while...

I used RAlt+\ and my Radio COMM Menu works in fly ( "easy communication" turned off)

Edit

Yes I know that but the way given is for a directory not for a file

it doesn`t matter, DCS World used .zip files 'like' folders ('not completely'!)

Edited by mwd2

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

I used RAlt+\ and my Radio COMM Menu works in fly ( "easy communication" turned off)

That's so weird, no matter what I try it doesn't work on my end :confused:

Can't get the menu to show up in flight.

Sorry about that rant, I was anxiously awaiting some news from one of my relative who went into surgery, was in dire need of sleep and out of smokes! A few hours later I was already back in the mission editor :hehe:

I'm trying with the Mi8 helipadgrid or with the air race item but the texture are still missing.

Just to make sure, here's the step by step installation procedure with JSGME.

1.Download the cargo mod from the link I've provided (even if you already have an older version!)

2.It's an .exe file. Run it and unpack it in the directory of your choice.

- It will create a folder called "Helipads_Cargo_RaceGates_Hospital"

3.Place that folder inside your JSGME mod folder.

4.Run JSGME and install the cargo mod.

5.Download the autoexec.cfg I've provided earlier and edit the path as instructed in my previous post.

6.Place the autoexec.cfg in C:\Users\"your username"\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Config\

Edited by Eight Ball

Known bug with 2.0. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=165887

Looks fun, I gotta try it when I get back home.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh no, I'm sorry, I meant could you attach the autoexec.cfg to your post, the file itself.

I'm just trying to narrow down the origin of the issue, I'm quite clueless right now :confused:

But no worries, we'll get it working ;)

EDIT: btw, what's your OS ?

Edited by Eight Ball