104th Phoenix - Operation Longbow - Dynamic PvP Mission

104th_Maverick

Hi, from the 117th squad we been flying a lot of Mi8 latetly, just a couple of quesions.

the Ka50 at farps cant rearm? and Cant carry troops so whats the point? (bug?)

Whats the point of Arming EWR? its exclusive for the GCI player controlled position?

At what day/time shoud we expect a GCI player on the red side?

And do I need to become a GCI?

#1 Mi8 at gali starts jumping up and down like crazy, #2-4 are ok

You spawn off the FARP, you need to start up and then land on the FARP(which is nearby), unless you spawn on an airfield. As long as their are support vehicles on the FARP you should have no problems rearming/refueling.

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heads up, rotorheads!

- Conclusion: since AWACS and EWRs don't seem to feed radar data to the human GCI operator's F10 display, it currently doesn't make any sense to ask him where to haul crates to dangerous locations and build new EWRs for the benefit of human GCI.

You still can do it, the results are ambiguous: on the one hand you get your coalition a new AI info source and radar coverage at a location where the other AI units maybe couldn't see before.

On the other hand you clutter AI radio chatter with some new AI units who call enemies to different friendlies in an unreadble and annoying mix of several english & russian AI voices at the same time...

The errection of EWRs and the arrival of new AWACS doesn't do anything good for your human GCI's picture, nor does destruction/shootdown of one of them have any effect on him.

It just effects the available AI services.

I think this is largely dependent on the "state" in which they are placed in ME. (Going off memory) but if they are in a "RED" state the EWR are constantly searching. I don't believe they are set to a red state from the mission I downloaded.

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

Hi, from the 117th squad we been flying a lot of Mi8 latetly, just a couple of quesions.

the Ka50 at farps cant rearm? and Cant carry troops so whats the point? (bug?)

Whats the point of Arming EWR? its exclusive for the GCI player controlled position?

At what day/time shoud we expect a GCI player on the red side?

And do I need to become a GCI?

#1 Mi8 at gali starts jumping up and down like crazy, #2-4 are ok

The Ka50 has no seats to carry troops, same with Gazelle. They don´t want to hang outside on your stores. So it´s no bug but intended (Maverick answered that question earlier) not like this....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6qHcd4imKk

EWR seems to give more information to AI AWACS but does not improve GCI´s eye (see posts above by Shadoga); GCI is online if a) someone wants to play this role and b) has the time to do so. Guess there´s no time line for that position though. You have to apply for GCI (see first page of thread) if you want to fulfil this role.

The problem with the jumping Mi8 is on blue side in a Huey slot as well...forgot which one...maybe due to uneven ground structure.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

OT: Anyone know of any reference docs for a list of common real life Navy flight callsigns?

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

@ Maverick

Is there a "new" logic with T90´s presently (apart from more units present on red side)? They seem far mor aggressive and engaging from far out...hard times in a Gazelle - never been shot down so many times?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

re: Message 129

Maybe you should power down your engine?

But I could swear I saw someone couple days ago on KA-50 rearm without powering down his engine, not in my case thou. Couldnt rearm with engine still on.

I have the English translation cockpit, I think mine is Devrim's mod.

All my radio power switches are up on the cockpit right-side panel. In Ka-50 rotate SPU-9 Radio communicator selector clockwise to the last selection GRND CREW . This all by itself will allow NVG installation and refueling and first time arming, and rearming later without powering off engines and rotor shutdown. Did the procedures with the cockpit door closed on the 104th server.

I usually take the 2 external fuel tanks, inside positions next to the fuselage. I set the Fuel Pumps EXT Inner switch (right side panel) to the up position for the inside fuel tank positions. When refueling, I found to guarantee full external tanks, first rearm empty stores but ask for 100% fuel. After checking you have 100% fuel, then go through the process again asking for primary external weapons and external fuel tanks. Learned this half-way to target area and internal tanks were emptying and external tanks were empty.

Cheers!

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maverick,

THANKS for the all night dark server setup wee hours this morning.

Flew Ka-50 for several hours to a Blue airbase using NVG setup and maximum Gamma in Options/System.

Cockpit lighting isn't perfect, yet, but works good enough. Looks like DCS/ED has been experimenting with added Ka-50 lighting since last Beta patch.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OT: Anyone know of any reference docs for a list of common real life Navy flight callsigns?

http://www.udxf.nl/MCL.pdf

Maybe you can make use of that - certainly not completely up to date but tons of tactical callsigns...

http://www.f-16.net/callsigns.html

Some funny personal callsigns if you neet input

re: Message #331

http://www.udxf.nl/MCL.pdf

Maybe you can make use of that - certainly not completely up to date but tons of tactical callsigns...

http://www.f-16.net/callsigns.html

Some funny personal callsigns if you neet input

After arriving 1st day Navy basic, my whole crew of about 80 guys said the same thing in unison :

"Exactly why did we sign up???" LOL!!

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ask Pop... He is former USA Navy, Viet Nam vet.

Pop is always looking for guys to fly his way in sim Navy flight ops. The platform he is using is a bit pricey compared to DCS. I used to fly FSX with him a little bit.

https://www.facebook.com/vcwcom/?pnref=story

Eat your heart out guys. Gotta love it!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B735H-KPtnBUWnZ0UHhqc3JneXc/view

-+-

https://www.google.com/search?q=reference+docs+for+a+list+of+common+real+life+Navy+flight+callsigns%3F&rlz=1C1BOHD_enUS487US526&oq=reference+docs+for+a+list+of+common+real+life+Navy+flight+callsigns%3F&aqs=chrome..69i57.8135j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is there a problem with capturing Senaki Airfield? I've been able to destroy all the targets there twice(as far as I know all the targets), and get no message of it being clear. Also took an Mi8 there with troops and still does not capture it. I'm a bit confused, is it not able to be captured by Red team?

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

@Reaper do you use illumination rockets ?

I've seen people use illumination rockets, are they not forbidden ?

Illum rockets don't work with the Shkval currently, so they're useless at the moment. But the Shkval is 100% better at night.

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

Well, I play with DS off, so for me, they were working pretty well (meaning, I could clearly see the illuminated area from the F-15 cockpit, making visual spotting easy)

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Why are we able to rearm and refuel without setting proper freq due to the airbase we are currently at. IIRC that was not possible in the past.

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

The ground crew is sitting right next to your aircraft on the ground. Makes no sens to look for them on the TWR frequencies, you won't find them there.

You have never had to be on TWR freq to re-arm and refuel.

You either talk to them mouth to mouth, when the canopy is open (and engines off depending on your platform), or trough the interphone

o

170502-F-OD616-0285.JPG

Which are the headphones the crew chief connects to your aircraft

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Is there a problem with capturing Senaki Airfield? I've been able to destroy all the targets there twice(as far as I know all the targets), and get no message of it being clear. Also took an Mi8 there with troops and still does not capture it. I'm a bit confused, is it not able to be captured by Red team?

Reaper6

There was a server reset yesterday morning, so I wanted to test capturing Senaki. I was able to destroy all the Blue targets before they could capture it, and we were able to capture it. We then ran into a problem capturing any airfields Blue had already taken control of. The GCI was saying there were 3 hawk units still at the airfield, but they were invisible to anyone flying. It lists the Airfield as nuetral or contested after destroying all the targets(minus the invisible hawk units). We even get the message that the airfield has been cleared. But dropping troops there does nothing, even watching the troops, they attempt to attack the Hawk units.

So I assume once one side has destroyed targets at an airfield and the cargo plane is able to drop the hawk site, it is impossible to capture.

Anyway, great effort from the Red side yesterday! Coordination and teamwork were on point! I think if we were able to capture airfields, it would have been game over...

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

There was a server reset yesterday morning, so I wanted to test capturing Senaki. I was able to destroy all the Blue targets before they could capture it, and we were able to capture it. We then ran into a problem capturing any airfields Blue had already taken control of. The GCI was saying there were 3 hawk units still at the airfield, but they were invisible to anyone flying. It lists the Airfield as nuetral or contested after destroying all the targets(minus the invisible hawk units). We even get the message that the airfield has been cleared. But dropping troops there does nothing, even watching the troops, they attempt to attack the Hawk units.

So I assume once one side has destroyed targets at an airfield and the cargo plane is able to drop the hawk site, it is impossible to capture.

Anyway, great effort from the Red side yesterday! Coordination and teamwork were on point! I think if we were able to capture airfields, it would have been game over...

Reaper6

I hopped on from 6-7:30pm EST last night and Red had control of Senaki...at least I think it was Senaki? So it looks like eventually Redfor was able to make the capture.

When I asked the blue guys on SRS what the deal was and why he hadn't taken it back they said all units were cleared by Blue but we couldn't take it back? Not sure of the specifics there, I just know that Red was eventually able to take control of Senaki (unless I am just completely misremembering things?)

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440