Black Shark and voice to text software

manne

I thought about this yesterday night (while trying to sleep :doh:), I think it might be very useful (especially for people without a full HOTAS setup) to use voice commands for the more regular task and combat preparations while in flight? I've been playing with a voice to text program for ArmA 2 to command my AI soldiers, why wouldn't it be useful for BS? I haven't tried it yet, and am currently at work, but are there people here using voice recognition software in Black Shark?

I imagine commands like "MASTER ARM", "FOLLOW TARGET", "UNCAGE", "INNER WEAPONS", "OUTER WEAPONS", "LASER", "ROUTE MODE", "GEAR" etc. are perfect commands to use in voice activation :) Only downside is that you will get some delay because the software needs to recognize your command, but this is less than a second. As long as you don't use it for ejection or fire command, I don't see why this would be a problem at all.

You might want to look at VAC: http://www.dwvac.com/ (30 days free, $18 for a license )

They also have a profile for Black Shark (and example videos!). Tonight I've tested it with ArmA 2, also with a profile from someone else, but that can be tricky so I customized it a lot. Tomorrow I want to check VAC out for Black Shark, I had very very good experience with ArmA 2 tonight.

There is also Pilfius but doesn't work with every game combined with Win 7: http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/PiLfIuS-Download-77969.html (it's free so it's worth a try to see if it runs if you have win 7)

I really like Say2Play Its very very easy to use.

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've used shoot 1.6.4 for Silent Hunter till now. A good idea, I'll give it a try at BS, maybe it helps for some commands that aren't used so often.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU: 2x AMD Opteron 8382 Quadcore (4x2,6GHz)

MB: Tyan S8212 Double-CPU

RAM: 16GB DDR2 Corsair

HDD: 4x 2TB WesternDigital WD2003FYYS at Raid 5

Graphics: 2x ATI FirePro V8800 2GB crossfired

Monitor: 3x 22'' EIZO S2243W

BS: Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate

My first time trying any type of voice was in SOCOM (the first one). I remember late nights cussing at my TV screen because Boomer wouldn't listen to my commands, then trot right along in my line of fire. He deserved to die, but still.

It really seems interesting though to try this out with BS. I just need to work out some personal issues since that idiot Boomer kind of left me traumatized.

I currently have developed a small profile to use in Black Shark, in fact I'm going to test it out right now (when the patch is finished downloading). I'll post my results tonight.

If the experience I had with ArmA 2 is any indication, I think this will be a huge success :)