WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET Mi-8MTV2 and UH-1H MULITCREW?

WHEN?????????????????????????????

Release: 12/02/2016

Key Features of DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight include:

Unmatched flight physics providing the most realistic and dynamic conventional helicopter experience on the PC

Multiple player positions, including pilot, co-pilot, flight engineer, and door gunner

Accurate and highly detailed 3D cockpit featuring six-degrees-of-freedom technology compatible with head-tracking devices

Interactive cockpit controls that allow you to operate systems using the mouse

Accurate modeling of the Mi-8MTV2 instruments, weapons, engines, radios, fuel, electrical, and hydraulic systems

Highly detailed Mi-8MTV2 external 3D model, liveries, and weapons

Accurate audio environment based on custom Mi-8MTV2 sound samples

Immersive, handcrafted campaign with a variety of transport and fire support missions

Training with interactive and video lessons

Multiplayer coop mode for crew members of the same helicopter under development for a later update

Developed in close cooperation with actual Mi-8MTV2 operators

Release: 04/19/2013

Key Features of "DCS: UH-1H Huey" include:

Unmatched flight physics providing the most realistic and dynamic conventional helicopter experience on the PC.

Multiple player positions, including pilot, co-pilot, and door gunner.

Accurate and highly detailed 3D cockpit featuring six-degrees-of-freedom technology.

Interactive cockpit controls that allow you to operate the systems using the mouse.

Realistic modelling of the UH-1H instruments, weapons, engine, radios, fuel, electrical, and hydraulic systems.

Highly detailed UH-1H external 3D model, liveries, and weapons.

Accurate and engaging audio environment based on actual UH-1H sound recordings.

Missions that include transport and combat support operations.

Training that includes interactive and video lessons.

Multiplayer coop mode for crew members of the same helicopter under development for a later update.

Developed in close cooperation with real UH-1H operators.

Again, WHEN?????????????????????????????

Edited by ZQuickSilverZ

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Was there really a need to open a new thread on this point?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Was there really a need to open a new thread on this point?

In my opinion … its OK because i also start to lose my patience in this point and Quicksilver merged both in one thread.

I am waiting for the Mi8s winch to work one day as well.

@nineline can we just have some information on that please.

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

I would actually get a passion for the Mi-8 if it became multicrew. This post must not be shut down, especially if people have been waiting this long.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

WHEN?????????????????????????????

Are you sure about that release date? In my order history i can see that i bought it 09/05/2013.

Personally i don't care about multicrew, i don't have somebody who would fly with me....but i can understand the frustration of peaple who have someone to fly in their birds.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Are you sure about that release date? In my order history i can see that i bought it 09/05/2013.

Personally i don't care about multicrew, i don't have somebody who would fly with me....but i can understand the frustration of peaple who have someone to fly in their birds.

It probably went from early access to release on that date.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah, getting multi crew in these choppers would be one of the best things for them in my opinion

Or at least a somewhat decent AI in them, which can do call out and spot stuff

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

• Multiplayer coop mode for crew members of the same helicopter under development for a later update

Release: 04/19/2013

Key Features of "DCS: UH-1H Huey" include:

• Multiplayer coop mode for crew members of the same helicopter under development for a later update.

WHEN?

TL;DR:

I don't think you'll get a definitive answer from the dev's as they most likely aren't 100% certain what is possible in terms of both DCS's engine limitations and their own resources as developers - as multi-crew hasn't been removed from the product description, I'd take that as a positive sign and that the dev's *hope* to implement multi-crew one day.

Detail:

Both the UH-1H and Mi-8 where released in 2013, at a time when Multi-crew was on ED's 'road map' and thought to be closer than it was (the L-39 was released Oct 2015).

Even in 2019, 4 years after it's initial implementation, multi-crew has issues i.e. keeping the cockpit/aircraft state in sync, lag, etc. and takes a lot of effort to maintain as 2.5.x is updated.

Multi-crew hasn't been removed from the product description, so there's a chance it'll eventually be implemented in the UH-1H and Mi-8, however it's also possible DCS will never support the features required i.e. number of switch animations, acceptable performance, etc.

At a guess, ED/BST are waiting for multi-crew to mature and hope that multi-crew 'tech' developed for the AH-1S and Mi-24P will transfer and new module sales offset the development cost.

As to "when ?", owners of the A-10C beta waited 4.5 years for their NTTR map, so it could be awhile i.e. after the release of the Mi-24P

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Dev statement from 2017:

As of now we have implementation for multicrew and we are testing it and resolving surfaced issues. Testing process taking its toll, it should go through different testers ours and ED..

At this point we think its a matter of months until multicrew patch for Huey will go live, if no critical showstopper issues will appear.

I think we at least deserved an update on what the hell is going on there by now??

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Someone once said, that ED was having problems with "sync" issues with side by side cockpits, for multicrew. That was a long while back, and I have no idea what they meant by that. But, that may be one of the problems.

You can find answer in this thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=221944

I guess you mean this:

We did not delete this task from the list, but the programer who was engaged in this area of work, quit. And now this task is assigned to another programmer, but as a task of the third degree of importance noexpression.gif

PS: speaking in Russian - "when the hands will reach"))

This only reinforces my previous comment, that an official development update on what is going on is really needed by now. The last one is from 2017 and said that work is going great and the multicrew update will be available in a few months:

As of now we have implementation for multicrew and we are testing it and resolving surfaced issues. Testing process taking its toll, it should go through different testers ours and ED..

At this point we think its a matter of months until multicrew patch for Huey will go live, if no critical showstopper issues will appear.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I guess you mean this:

This only reinforces my previous comment, that an official development update on what is going on is really needed by now. The last one is from 2017 and said that work is going great and the multicrew update will be available in a few months:

I‘ll definitely go +1 on this

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

No. I am not sure about the dates but, I sourced the information from the DCS website itself. If the dates are wrong it is because the dates provided by DCS themselves are incorrect.
Edited by ZQuickSilverZ

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Don't fool yourselves people.

We are consumers. We vote wth our wallets.

#fsixteenkilledthehind

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

If they get it done and it works without any problems, I'll fly with you! And I'll even let you choose which roll you want, pilot, co-pilot, door gunner. It would be fun!

X570S AORUS PRO AX MOTHERBOARD, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-core Processor, GIGABYTE GEFORCE RTX 3090 TI, 64GB DDR4(Corsair Vengeance LPX), DARK ROCK PRO 4 250W TDP Heatsink, Corsair AX1600i Power Supply,  2TB SSD, Windows 10 64 Bit  VR: HP Reverb G2, VIRPIL: VPC Constellation ALPHA Prim[R], VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base

Someone once said, that ED was having problems with "sync" issues with side by side cockpits, for multicrew. That was a long while back, and I have no idea what they meant by that. But, that may be one of the problems.

Yes, that would make sense ...

It's one thing to have the other hidden crew member doing something behind you or in front of you that you can't see, and occasionally having a switch move because of that.

It's another to have things happening when you can see the other crew member(s), and you haven't seen the other crew member move, and the switches / collective / cyclic he moved to makes something happening still haven't moved in your cockpit because of lag on the network but the aircraft has banked / fired / popped flares regardless...

I expect those problems are only L-39 sized when doing the Mi-24P, so maybe a more likely early candidate.

Cheers.

Well, heatblur has made it, the rio sees switches being flipped by the pilot and can even switch them so in the external implementation from heatblur it works. They programmed their external synchronisation program and didn‘t use ed‘s implementation.

Louis|Dancer, foundation member of the digital Swiss Air Force, a group of enthusiasts trying to imitate everything that has to do with Swiss military aviation on dcs. If you want to join us, contact us via instagram.

our youtube chanel:dSAF

our instagram:dSAF

my rusty pc: msi gtx1080ti / ryzen 5 2600x / ga-ab350 gaming motherboard / 16gb ram / rift cv1 / warthog

Well, heatblur has made it, the rio sees switches being flipped by the pilot and can even switch them so in the external implementation from heatblur it works. They programmed their external synchronisation program and didn‘t use ed‘s implementation.

I think you missed the point.

I don't own that module, but from youtube RIO videos the F-14 pilot can't see the RIO, & the RIO can't see the pilot, and the stick and pedals don't seem to be tightly synched in MP.

Cheers.

No you missed the point, because as you say you don't own the module. So you don't understand.

The Rio can lean over and see some of the pilot cockpit, it looks like most switches are synched. A funny thing is that the Rio can activate some switch o the pilo cockpit (as if he had a super long arm) like the landing gear handle or the flaps, other stuff like that. And it is synched and pilot see the immediate reaction in his cockpit

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

I actually think the RIO can access all the Pilots switches.

I have, from the backseat in the F-14 been able to adjust cnsole lights, flaps, gears, wing sweep and even the pilots tacan and radio panels. In VR, I can just "walk over" to the pilots pit and manipulate whatever I want.

It's really neat when your pilot doesnt know what he is doing :D

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

I actually think the RIO can access all the Pilots switches.

I have, from the backseat in the F-14 been able to adjust cnsole lights, flaps, gears, wing sweep and even the pilots tacan and radio panels. In VR, I can just "walk over" to the pilots pit and manipulate whatever I want.

To me this says that the issues I'm talking about haven't actually been solved, just ignored.

The RIO should only have access to the RIO's controls not the pilot's, and vice versa.

The problem is greater than simply having synched switch movement (& lucky-Hendrix - from youtube clips from the RIO seat, I'm not convinced they've actually solved that completely anyway).

It's really neat when your pilot doesnt know what he is doing

& that is exactly the point I'm making.

If you're going to properly implement MP co-piloting for helicopters, then switches can't be being activated by ghosts, and ghosts shouldn't be able to reach everything in the cockpit at the same time.

Cheers.

To me this says that the issues I'm talking about haven't actually been solved, just ignored.

The RIO should only have access to the RIO's controls not the pilot's, and vice versa.

The problem is greater than simply having synched switch movement (& lucky-Hendrix - from youtube clips from the RIO seat, I'm not convinced they've actually solved that completely anyway).

& that is exactly the point I'm making.

If you're going to properly implement MP co-piloting for helicopters, then switches can't be being activated by ghosts, and ghosts shouldn't be able to reach everything in the cockpit at the same time.

The guy in the seat beside you isn't a ghost, you know... not even considering the Mi-8 pilots 2m long right arm that can reach over to the other end of the cockpit and flip switches. :music_whistling:

And it is a bit sad, that we can't at least sit in the second seat and act as a navigator... :cry:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Gunners for the Huey would be extremely helpful - also to act as spotters so I actually know what killed me...

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022