Cockpit temperature as trigger or script variable

Hello everyone,

I'm starting to look into mission editing for the Mi-8. What I would love to do is to use the temperature in the helicopter as a variable either in lua scripts or for a trigger.

Since there is a gauge for the air temperature in the helicopter my guess is there should be the possibility.

Unfortunately, I can't find anywhere what the cockpit parameter trigger arguments mean.

Thank you in advance.

I haven't tried it for a gauge, but the door in the Ka-50 is a cockpit animation like the gauges, and I once set a trigger to have a fuel truck drive off 5 seconds after the door shut, so the value of those arguments is available for triggers.

Try going to the model viewer, opening the Mi-8 cockpit and trying the arguments until you find the temp gauge (or there's a list in a .lua, but I can't remember which one).

Run through the range of the argument until you get the temp you want, then set a trigger for "cockpit argument in range"

Cheers.

You'll need to load all the relevant Mi-8 cockpit textures (gauge textures included) to see them in Model Viewer.

In order to do that, you'll need to copy/paste the files from gamedir to Model Viewer installation folder (using the same folder structure).

You'll likely find that the Mi-8's cockpit has thousands of arguments, it'll take you a while to find the arguments for the temperature gauges.

But, as I said, if you can't make those cockpit arguments work with ME triggers, it's all kind of pointless.

I attempted the same kind of thing last year (using the variometer of the F15C), but it didn't work.

Perhaps it'll work with a clickable cockpit module, I hope it does.

Good luck! :thumbup:

Took about 3 minutes.

Mi-8 cabin temperature gauge is argument 63

temp appears to be 100 * argument value outside of -30 to 30, so

-60 is -0.6

-30 is -0.3

0 is 0

20 is 0.2

maybe the centre is a bit non-linear

I just used it to trigger an "it's cold" message when it was 10 degrees and "it's not cold" at 30

Cheers.

Took about 3 minutes.

Mi-8 cabin temperature gauge is argument 63

temp appears to be 100 * argument value outside of -30 to 30, so

-60 is -0.6

-30 is -0.3

0 is 0

20 is 0.2

maybe the centre is a bit non-linear

I just used it to trigger an "it's cold" message when it was 10 degrees and "it's not cold" at 30

Fantastic, thank you so much! Being a beginner in DCS editing I guess this would have taken me much longer.

Thanks everyone.