Wife of DCS player needs help - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-16-2019, 07:37 AM   #21
delevero

sad to hear a dedicated flight sim fan have health problems and can no longer enjoy his hobby.

Regarding your question then i like to suggest that you make a small youtube video about the equipment your housband have, or maybe some photos and then share it with us.
( i could see in the bottom of your text there was some info about hardware, but not sure if that is everything or if he maybe have other things that you might want to sell as well ).

Then we can try to identify it and tell you the names of the various products and maybe even give you some advice about sales price.

( maybe someone might even be interested in buying something ).
sincerely peder.

tip..: on facebook in the right side of the screen there are something named "marketplace" it could be a good place to try to sell things for the less cheap things.. regarding the more expensive things, then you might have to think about ebay to sell gobally since some things might be so expensive only very few people buy such things. But lets see your photos/videos and maybe we can help :-)
delevero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 07:41 AM   #22
Strut

So sorry to read about Chief1942, what a hateful disease is cancer, my best wishes are with you both.

DL available skins here:
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...EATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

Spoiler:
Win10 64bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI GTX1080TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE
Strut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 07:42 AM   #23
Zius

Very sorry to hear about your husband, my thoughts and prayers will be with the both of you...

Donating to a museum sounds like a beautiful option, I hadn't thought of that myself.

If you decide to sell everything though, I would suggest the following:

- Make a good and complete list of everything including: product name, manufacturer name, date of purchase, price of purchase etc. It may be

- Take good photo's, ask for help if necessary.

- Research or ask around for the present value of all items.

Although I understand it will not be on the top of favourite things to do right now (to say the least), but it would be helpful if your husband could help you with the above as much as possible, as some things can be complicated to figure out, especially with older equipment.

If you want to, you may also look into the possibilities and limitations of selling stuff abroad.

Best wishes from the Netherlands.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:46 AM   #24
MegOhm_SD

God Bless you, The Chief and your Family...
We hold you all in our thoughts and prayers...

This is a compassionate community where we value our own.

<S>

Thing is....Zuckerberg is definitely an Alien... Some Kind of Grey Hybrid

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Test Bench, ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 65" Samsung 4k 8 Series, Oculus S, Win 10
MegOhm_SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 02:31 PM   #25
Freeroamer

Sorry about your husband, PM me if you've got anything for sale.
Freeroamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 07:54 PM   #26
Kang

Hi. Very sorry to hear about that frightful diagnosis.
I think there has been quite a lot of sound advice going on here. Maybe it is a good idea to get together with one or two people who are living reasonably close to you.

I'm sure there are a lot of more important things going on as well, but one piece of advice I have is, maybe when you look through all the hardware to decide if there are one or two pieces you'd want to keep, even if your husband will not use it anymore. It's not always the new, big, shiny and expensive pieces that one ends up having a connection with.
Kang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 09:39 PM   #27
MemphisBelle

Send a message via MSN to MemphisBelle

I´m very sorry about that diagnosis. I can not even imagine what you both are going through at the Moment. I wish you all the power and strength to go through this, to support your husband.

If you´re not quite familar with Computer, Internet and such things so you can also ask in your neighbourhood whether this things will find a new owner.

Specs:: ASrock Z370 extreme 4; Intel i5 8600K @3,6Ghz; 32GB DDR4 RAM; GTX 1080 @8GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 3x SSD 850 EVO 250 GB + 3 TB HDD
Hardware: Oculus Rift + Touch; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals
MemphisBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 11:38 PM   #28
cichlidfan
Veteran

I lost a cousin to brain cancer. Such an insidious disease.

I can only add to the other sentiments that if you need anything in the way of help or advice, I am here.
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
cichlidfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 12:20 AM   #29
Phantom88

God Bless You and Your Husband,Hopefully A member of the community who lives close by can either buy it outright or guide you to a good solution.All the very best to you!

Patrick
Phantom88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 01:28 AM   #30
cichlidfan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom88 View Post
God Bless You and Your Husband,Hopefully A member of the community who lives close by can either buy it outright or guide you to a good solution.All the very best to you!
I really don't need any of the hardware but I would be willing to finance a local transaction so that you can avoid the cost, and significant hassle, of shipping the hardware. If any of you local Arizona guys want to help work this out then PM me.
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
cichlidfan is offline   Reply With Quote