Point Track

Gerrard

DMT or tpod. DMT was workin yesterday

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Hi, thanks for the reply.

It's Point Track in TPOD. I'm loading the same single-player mission I've done a hundred times except this time it will not track the moving Tunguskas or tanks. However, it does sometimes track later on after I've pressed every button and option for 15 minutes.

My usual procedure: - ARM - AG - TPOD - ARMED/LASER - located targets - NARROW FOV - positioned reticle over individual target - and it always locked on automatically within a certain range. Now the reticle stays where I leave it as if it's not registering the target.

Has the operation sequence changed slightly in your experience?

Changes since last working:

Installed latest update.

Installed the rest of my modules, Campaigns, etc.

I tried to install the Staraway Mod using OvGME - didn't work so I deleted the mod and repaired my game files. I have no other mods installed.

Thanks.

I'm also interested in the proper point track procedure.

Updated ma stable version yesterday and flew a single player mission starting c&d. Was able to track a BTR80 once, but after messing arround with the buttons changing AR/PT several times and slewing the TDC around, over, in front of the target and so on.

What's the max locking range at day with the CCD TPOD camera for vehicles? How fast they can move to stay locked?

You don't select it, it selects itself... if you can get it to recognize the vehicle... :cry:

And then it can do some weird sh*t too...

In MP -- so I cannot provide a track -- with TPOD I fidgeted around until I got PT --it takes a lot of bump a little in this direct, now a little in that, all the while the carrot is right over the vehicle, you'd have to be blinde to not see it --, and it took so long that I went around to get a better run-in, and I came in from an angle 90° off from the original angle. When I got lined up and the TPOD could actually see the vehicle, I still had PT, but the carrot was now pointing about a vehicle length to the side of the vehicle :mad:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

On the bottom left of the right mfd you can select area or point and after selecting point as soon as you slew the tpod it goes back to area????? So essentially point is not working or can someone correct me?

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

You can click the button, but I've never seen clicking it do anything.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

You can click the button, but I've never seen clicking it do anything.

Clicking the button selects either PT or Area mode with a black line under the selection letting you know what mode you’ve selected. Anyway it’s easier to CCIP LOL

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

ha-ha :mad:.... lol

I'll have to try it out again. I've been so used to fidgeting around with it, until it snaps to PT, I honestly can't remember the last time I've tried clicking the OSB.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

For TPOD, It works but just seems like you have to be very close for it to switch to point track. When I do an attack run it starts with area and I just assume it will change to point eventually and just launch weapons. Just try to keep the laser on the target until it switches.

Also often with PT it seems to be off the vehicle a little. I just leave it and the weapon seems to make a direct hit anyway.