Flight Manual

Avio

Thinking of buying this one ... does it come with a flight manual in English?

Read about the sudden pitching up issue upon flaps deployment -- is this serious and detract from the experience of this product? Will it be fixed eventually?

Slow down before deploying flaps.

How do you want to slow down before extending the flaps since the flap limiting speed is only 170km/h and the approach speed with flaps is 160km/h?

@ Avio: A lot of airplanes pitch either up or down with flap movement so I don't see any issue or detraction.

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

Thanks folks. I saw in some videos it seems the Yak here pitches up suddenly by a lot upon flaps deployment.

It's sudden because the flaps extend fast. If they would need 1min like on a B-52 it would be much less dramatic ;)

If you anticipate it, there will be no pitch change at all if you apply slight forward stick pressure during extension and re-trim.

Edited by bbrz

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

How do you want to slow down before extending the flaps since the flap limiting speed is only 170km/h and the approach speed with flaps is 160km/h?

@ Avio: A lot of airplanes pitch either up or down with flap movement so I don't see any issue or detraction.

If you are at 220 don't put the flaps down, if you are at 250 don't put them down, as in RL you slow it up (170) and the resulting pitch movement is very manageable.

Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook current version 8D available here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/