Any chance of cockpit textures upgrade? - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-10-2018, 06:09 PM   #21
lmp
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ala13_ManOWar View Post
Really mates, sometimes I can't understand people letting statements like this without further prove or something to support such a claim.
How about this post: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...17&postcount=1. We were supposed to start getting bug fixes for the numerous bugs after the Hornet went into EA. Most of those issues haven't been touched. And there are serious bugs not on the list such as this FM issue: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=214854. All that in addition to the graphical problems introduced with the new engine.

Worst of all, there is virtually no communication from BST. We have no idea when if ever those problems will get addressed. Same goes for other BST and even the less popular ED modules (such as the Yak-52).

The F-5E used to be one of my favorite modules but right now I just couldn't recommend it to anybody with a clear conscience. For such a simple plane there are simply too many bugs and no roadmap to getting them fixed.
lmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 06:49 PM   #22
Ala13_ManOWar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmp View Post
The F-5E used to be one of my favorite modules but right now I just couldn't recommend it to anybody with a clear conscience. For such a simple plane there are simply too many bugs and no roadmap to getting them fixed.
I know there are bugs but it's not like it's not usable, it is and I still enjoy it, that only depends on how nitpicky everyone is.

But my point is with the people saying it's a so outdated and old model, both external 3D model and cockpit. I guess they know other sims to compare with so they can tell it's way outdated.

S!
Old 12-10-2018, 09:47 PM   #23
lmp
ED Translator

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe nobody used the term "not usable". Regrettable, unsupported - sure, but not unusable. I'm glad that you still enjoy the F-5, I really am. But me and a couple of others have had enough of flying with our strobe lights off, working around the RWR and radar bugs, hitting everything but our target with the broken gun, turning off wind because the FM has issues... without as much as a hint of a future patch. Please don't belittle our criticism by suggesting we don't know what we bought or suggesting we play another game (this one goes to 000rick000). There's a lot of problems with this module. BST needs to address them.
lmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 11:08 PM   #24
Ala13_ManOWar

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe nobody used the term "not usable". Regrettable, unsupported - sure, but not unusable. I'm glad that you still enjoy the F-5, I really am. But me and a couple of others have had enough of flying with our strobe lights off, working around the RWR and radar bugs, hitting everything but our target with the broken gun, turning off wind because the FM has issues... without as much as a hint of a future patch. Please don't belittle our criticism by suggesting we don't know what we bought or suggesting we play another game (this one goes to 000rick000). There's a lot of problems with this module. BST needs to address them.
Yeah, yeah, I know you didn't say it's unusable nor I said you said it is, I said "it's not like it's unusable", just that.

BTW I just tried seeking the fuel tanks bug and it's working right now, who knows. But I know other bugs as well, so I'm not saying she doesn't need some love, but people dismiss her as way outdated with regard to modelling and I don't see it, just that.

S!
Old 12-11-2018, 08:12 PM   #25
bbrz

Quote:
+1
The F-5 used to be my favorite module and the lack of updates (don't forget the tumbling artificial horizon) isn't exactly promising.
Same goes for the rather basic Yak-52 module.
bbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 05:59 PM   #26
Knock-Knock

Still is and always will be, one of my favorite modules. Visual update and bug fixes or not.
They way I see it, if its scheduled for a visual update (PBR and all) and fixes, then its gonna happen for MAC. If it doesnt get updated for MAC, then its not getting updated.

| MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | i5-4670K @ 4.3Ghz | 16Gb DDR3 1600 | Asus GTX 1070 Strix OC | Samsung 850 Evo 250 & 500Gb | 40" Sony FullHD | Oculus Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick (19.5cm extension) & Throttle | MFG Crosswind | Windows 7-64 |
Knock-Knock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 12:22 PM   #27
Ala13_ManOWar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knock-Knock View Post
Still is and always will be, one of my favorite modules. Visual update and bug fixes or not.
They way I see it, if its scheduled for a visual update (PBR and all) and fixes, then its gonna happen for MAC. If it doesnt get updated for MAC, then its not getting updated.
Now you say, I think probably many needed updates and bug fixes (and I mean for the whole DCS) are on hold due to this MAC being on the work so they don't do the job twice if something can be used for the fully fledged model. 3D model updates would be the most obvious here. I hope for the best.

S!