Smoke System?

lobo

You have to configure a smoke pod on the weapons tab to your aircraft, there’s a choice of colours too.

Interesting. It is not giving me the option of loading a smoke pod in the weapons tab... nor can I change the paint scheme. I did however figure out how to equip the Yak with a 3 bladed prop.

What task are you setting for the aircraft in order to get the smoke pod option?

Edited by lobo**

Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook current version 8D available here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/

I was "keeping up" with one in my hornet today and his smoke was sputtering at times, like changes in pitch affected it. Is this a new smoke system or was he turning it off and on? Looked really good, like it was starving for oil or something at certain times.

Make a new Stores/Weapon Profile and save it

Then on the Centreline store right click select colour smoke you want

In settings under Stick find Smoke make up a Keybinding

Thank you. That did it. I needed to make a new Stores/Weapon Profile and save it. Smoking nice now! Beautiful airshow smoke. :thumbup:

Edited by lobo**

Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook current version 8D available here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/

• 5 months later...
Make a new Stores/Weapon Profile and save it

Then on the Centreline store right click select colour smoke you want

In settings under Stick find Smoke make up a Keybinding

That's easy for you to say! I've read through the 'Manual' and nowhere could I find anything about 'Making a new Stores Profile' How do I get to join this secret society that knows all this stuff?

My head hurts!

The second part of your answer I understood completely. A start eh?

How familiar are you with the Mission Editor?

attachment.php?attachmentid=201935&stc=1&d=1547299349

1) Place an aircraft anywhere on the map.

2) Change it to Yak-52

3) If you want to fly it, change it to Player

4) Go to the Payload tab

attachment.php?attachmentid=201936&stc=1&d=1547299349

5) Select NEW

6) Give your Payload a name and it will appear in the list above. As you can see, i have created a paylaod for every available smoke color for the Yak.

Have fun!

Screen_190112_141038.thumb.png.62549881188bfcc53f57eced492b7ec7.png

Screen_190112_141049.thumb.png.814bb261170d12962ee809e43085d1ce.png

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

A knight in shining armour! I am getting to grips with the Mission Editor. Can this procedure work as I am building an online server mission? i.e. with a Yak placed on a parking spot?

I did get as far as 'New Payload' but just looked at it...:music_whistling:

I suppose I'll have to do this for every individual aircraft I add.

I'll be back.

Thanks VERY much for responding. :thumbup:

You're welcome.

Yes, this will work on multiplayer missions as well. In step 3 you would simply choose 'client' instead of 'player' for your individual planes.

And you have to create these payload profiles only once per aircraft type, they will be saved for the future. So if you add another Yak to your mission or in any other mission, your previously created profiles will wait for you in the payload tab. You just have to select the one you want.

In addition to that they will also show up in the ingame rearm/refuel menu:

attachment.php?attachmentid=201956&stc=1&d=1547312419

Screen_190112_175849.thumb.jpg.382c0259df2ef4d81cd44867829d68fe.jpg

Edited by spiddx

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

After you have created the profile, right click on the pylon you want to equip (where my colored icons are) and a menu will open for you to choose from.

You can't chande the 'Empty' profile obviously.

Specs:

If you didn’t want to use the mission editor, you can also use “Rearm and refuel” in the radio menu (bound to \) after loading into a mission, this will allow you to select any payload you want.

If it were that easy! Are you saying that the smoke option is there by default? If so, I, and a friend, weren't issued with it. Thus having to make a profile.

In the rearm/refuel window (see post #14) you can also right click on the pylon (below SMK) and select a loadout. Then press ok and ground crew will load it onto your aircraft. No need for profiles that way.

Specs: