Worst game performance after last OB update?

I'm having trouble with scripting on the new version, but the performance seems identical to the previous version .. perhaps you should delete the /saved games/dcs.openbet/fxo and metashader2 folders, and let DCS rebuild those.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Deactivate ALL custom mods and test with a non script mission.

If this is no different, rebuild shaders and do a DCS repair.

If it still persists, file a bug report.

Any recent driver updates? Antivirus changed updated and monitoring game folder? Windows upgrade? Added new USB devices /hardware?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I'm getting normal fps at PG on latest OpenBeta, and with a pretty old GPU:

BWA8Vcj.jpg

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Rudel_chw, what are your PC specs? And what are your DCS settings? Picture pls?

My are:

i7 6820HK, 16 GB DDR4 RAM, GTX 1070 8 GB, And my DCS:Wolrd in on 480 GB ADATA GAMMIX SSD.

I should be abble got get pretty nice FPS. But as you can see I get only 10-12 FPS, even at low settings.

Which is very strange...:(

Edited by DeathAngel1

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

try different game with similar hardware requirement. very strange

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

Rudel_chw, what are your PC specs? And what are your DCS settings? Picture pls?

My are:

i7 6820HK, 16 GB DDR4 RAM, GTX 1070 8 GB, And my DCS:Wolrd in on 480 GB ADATA GAMMIX SSD.

I should be abble got get pretty nice FPS. But as you can see I get only 10-12, even at low settings.

Which is very strange...:(

Are you using Shadow Play (nVidia)?

Alphamale, sorry man, but what is "Shadow Play" ?

It's an in-game video recorder that comes with the GeForce Experience driver suites...if you don't know what it is, you don't have it enabled...but it has caused severe slowdowns in the past for me...I saw you list a GTX for video and thought I'd throw the warning out there

I have GeForce exprience, but i dont use recorder.

Have ever wanted to save something you did in any game so you could show it to others?? ShadowPlay can capture and save anything that has happened in the last 30 seconds up to whatever amount of time you set (files can be big if you set quality high)...and with the horrible performance/reliability of DCS' Track saver, this recorder software can help you save important in-game events...it also has great image capture too....you can determine the shortcut macros as well...and it's free....check it out

Just tested 2.5.3.24984 nothing seems to have changed

PG Mach 1 300 feet over commuter line in Dubai locked solid at 60 fps

I7-7700 4.2 GTX1070 32 Gb ram 1080p

I7-7700K 4.5 GHz / RTX 2080 Ti / 32Gb RAM / 1Tb 850 Evo SSD / Win10 Pro / TM Warthog / Crosswind Pedals / Odyssey+

Rudel_chw, what are your PC specs?

Hi, my specs are on my signature: Ryzen 1500X, 16GB ram GTX970 gpu, DCS on a Sata SSD, Windows on a M2 SSD

And what are your DCS settings? Picture pls?

4EzPajl.jpg

I realize that I dont have high detail options, that's because I dont like to change the settings when I put on the Oculus .. I still use 2D quite a bit when I'm editing/testing missions, or when I'm learning a new plane's procedures (need to read the manual form my iPad)

I should be abble got get pretty nice FPS. But as you can see I get only 10-12 FPS, even at low settings.

Hope you can nail it down .. here are some more screenshots of the same flight:

TYFPgJV.jpg

nearer the ground the fps go down a bit:

RMnRUqR.jpg

Best regards

Its a kind of strange, but after i deleted options.lua file in DCS:SavedGames, FPS is still very low (10-12), but DCS now runs much smoother.

I wonder if I delete whole Saved games forder, and let DCS to create it again, will that increase FPS too?

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

Just Rename it and see.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Its a kind of strange, but after i deleted options.lua file in DCS:SavedGames, FPS is still very low (10-12), but DCS now runs much smoother.

I wonder if I delete whole Saved games forder, and let DCS to create it again, will that increase FPS too?

click start menu, scroll to and click "Eagle Dynamics", click "Repair DCS World".

If for some reason you don't have it in your start menu, type CMD in cortana (if using win10) right click command prompt and run as administrator

navigate to your DCS installation directory, change drives by typing C: or D: depending on where you installed, use CD open folders in cmd prompt until you are at DCS World/bin/ and then type "dcs_updater.exe repair" and hit enter. If you didn't specify an installation directory when installing, by default it's somewhere within C:\Program files\ or c:\program files (x86)

you can use the command "DIR" to explore the contents of whatever directory you're navigating in command prompt for help with folder names, considering your installation directories differ from mine.

817193468_dcsupdatercmdprompt.JPG.db487e462c71967de8095a90e38ea9d1.JPG

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

Same issue here. Take a look at my post: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3720533&postcount=1

Intel i7-8700k Coffee Lake@stock

G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16) 3200MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti

Maximus X FORMULA Z370 BIOS 1401

NZXT Kraken x62

SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB (OS)

SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 1TB (Games)

Corsair AX1200i 1200 Watt

Cooler Master HAF X

HOTAS Warthog | VKB MCG Pro GunFighter Mk. II | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5

Heatware

Same issue here. Take a look at my post: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3720533&postcount=1

From DCS:

Run Clean

Code:

DCS_Updater.exe cleanup

To Remove Any Modified/Unversioned/Unofficial Files from the DCS Folder

Then Run Repair

Code:

DCS_Updater.exe repair

To Replace any DCS Files that may have been removed or edited.

The issue w/ just running repair is that it does not remove any files left by mods, and those files are likely still being loaded.

A side note: when inputting the code make sure to include .\ before the code...example:

.\dcs_updater.exe repair

It doesn't seem to like .\dcs_updater.exe clean...I got several error messages trying to use that one...with and without .\

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

229th battalion, 1st Cavalry

Or just use this - much simpler if you are command-line deficient- as almost everyone post-DOS is .

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

From DCS:

Run Clean

Code:

DCS_Updater.exe cleanup

To Remove Any Modified/Unversioned/Unofficial Files from the DCS Folder

Then Run Repair

Code:

DCS_Updater.exe repair

To Replace any DCS Files that may have been removed or edited.

The issue w/ just running repair is that it does not remove any files left by mods, and those files are likely still being loaded.

Tried all of that good stuff. No increase in performance back to what it used to be.

It seems that the performance drop everyone is seeing is due to shadows. They've definitely spursed them up so it looks like it something we will have to live with for a while until they sort them out.

Intel i7-8700k Coffee Lake@stock

G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16) 3200MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti

Maximus X FORMULA Z370 BIOS 1401

NZXT Kraken x62

SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB (OS)

SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 1TB (Games)

Corsair AX1200i 1200 Watt

Cooler Master HAF X

HOTAS Warthog | VKB MCG Pro GunFighter Mk. II | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5

Heatware