Are ED still developing a fighter?

With the recent announcements of 3rd party projects (Mig21, BD5/F15E/F14D/F22, Hawk/EF) are ED still developing their own fighter or are they now concentrating on refining/developing DCS world? I guess a bit like Valve now concentrates on Steam rather than half life etc..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Hi well we hope so I guess thats what this thread is all about

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=89885

As long as we dont get a running list of crap FM models like the original release of FSX not the recent work and 3rd party stuff the original release I'm talking about, I will be happy if DCS continue a high standard good price and regular updates and add-ons on the whole concept of a Combat Flight sim similar if not better than Falcon 4.0 or BMS meaning simply taking a combat sim like DCS well into a good future of combat sims, simply a pleasure to study and fly accurate and realistic hi-fidelity modeling of the aerial War experience.

So in the world of want and needs and fixes ... LoL... all I want is a F/A-18E/F and F-16 Block 50/52 variants .... Please :smilewink:

F/A-18E/F

fa-18-ef-cockpit.jpg

f1cvntrp.jpg

F-16 Block 50/52

j9rhbs.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCtHinHGKAp9bD45WisobjhS_xYt4VPqyrSSngAQ1HAdKmGF-21jYyzIIpVg

Beautiful aren't they!

Hoping for the best :thumbup:

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

I guess Dota 2, Counter Strike Global Ops, Portal 2, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, and hundreds of TF2 updates don't constitute things Valve has been working on. :(

But also note the newsletter: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=86848

his DCS jet aircraft is still in its early stages and a lot can still change, even the aircraft itself. As such, we will not be announcing what aircraft this is until it is much further along.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Rage,

I have the same question as you and honestly I have a serious doubt concerning the release of the next "hardcore" fighters of ED...

Same doubt for the Nevada Map !!!

Lack of communication from ED as usual...Despite the last annoucements...

There is no lack of communication. I suggest re-reading all those announcements instead of making up conspiracy theories ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

There is no lack of communication. I suggest re-reading all those announcements instead of making up conspiracy theories ;)

re-reading annoucements ? ;);)

Are you kidding ????

Where are the new screenshots of the Nevada maps ? Nothing really new since months !!!

ED speak for a new fighters since more than a year and no new annoucement ! Are we in a national secret service in order to protect such a secret !!

Hey guys, everybody is waitting "finally" a name and a real project also with screenshots !!!

Beczl in one month has communicate beter on his MIG-21 then ED in 12 months !!!

No offense...but reality !

I guess Dota 2, Counter Strike Global Ops, Portal 2, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, and hundreds of TF2 updates don't constitute things Valve has been working on. :(

But also note the newsletter: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=86848

I own (and regularly play) Portal and TF2. I realise they are Valve products but I was referring to HL3/EP3 (which I believe is still incoming).

It was just a simpler question really. Ive been flying ED jets since Flanker. I appreciate the efforts of the third parties but will always prefer ED products, at least till I see otherwise. Call it nostalgia if you like. I just hope ED still develop their own aircraft.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

@Razorback

Here you go:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1463806&postcount=26

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=86848

Testers are already busy with 3-4 projects. ED will release information on the next module when they decide to do so. It doesn't mean they are not communicating.

Not hearing what YOU want to hear does not constitute lack of communication on their part.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Well I would say ED have drowned a bit in these 3rd party-projects.

We easily forget that ED just released the Mustang, and this month will release Combined Arms, while they are working on the Nevada terrain. In the meantime they support the 3rd party-projects in their transition to DCS.

When ED officially say something, it has always been a definite answer - until then `everything is subject to change`.

[sIGPIC]sigpic70266_4.gif[/sIGPIC]

Snooze-81st-vFS

I own (and regularly play) Portal and TF2. I realise they are Valve products but I was referring to HL3/EP3 (which I believe is still incoming).

It was just a simpler question really. Ive been flying ED jets since Flanker. I appreciate the efforts of the third parties but will always prefer ED products, at least till I see otherwise. Call it nostalgia if you like. I just hope ED still develop their own aircraft.

Heh, I guess thats how the two companies are similar. Both have 1 thing that their fans are hoping they will announce as soon as possible, however at the same time its not like ED or Valve have been sitting on their laurels. We've got DCS World, Combined Arms, P-51, FC3, and Nevada on the way. Plus all of those 3rd party modules.

I suppose you should try to take comfort in the fact that Valve have quite a lead in terms of time between releases for EP2 to Ep3. So I can only hope that the DCS Fast mover is released before Ep3 is. :music_whistling:

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

@Razorback

Here you go:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1463806&postcount=26

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=86848

Testers are already busy with 3-4 projects. ED will release information on the next module when they decide to do so. It doesn't mean they are not communicating.

Not hearing what YOU want to hear does not constitute lack of communication on their part.

What we know now :

- Nevada map was in standby...great to know after weeks without information about that

- The next DCS jet was announced since more than a year and NOW we receive this news : This DCS jet aircraft is still in its early stages and a lot can still change, even the aircraft itself. As such, we will not be announcing what aircraft this is until it is much further along.

Are you serious ? If I announce to my boss after one year that the work is not really done and can change totally and start from zero...for sure I will quickly know his reaction !!

Now, all the community is waitting the MIG-21 from Beczl...and news from him are spread weekly... even daily....

Sorry but I am following the products from years since Lock On and the lack of communication is not only my constatation...

If you take some times for readding most of the forum about DCS and ED products you will see posts concerning the problem of sharing the information...

Since now the ED products are great that's not a problem but communication could be better...:thumbup:

Are you serious ? If I announce to my boss after one year that the work is not really done and can change totally and start from zero...for sure I will quickly know his reaction !!

Well I guess it's a good thing you're not the boss.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What we know now :

- Nevada map was in standby...great to know after weeks without information about that

Matt said a long time ago that the next nevada update would not be until May or thereabouts.

- The next DCS jet was announced since more than a year and NOW we receive this news : This DCS jet aircraft is still in its early stages and a lot can still change, even the aircraft itself. As such, we will not be announcing what aircraft this is until it is much further along.
Yep. They announced that they were planning on doing another jet. And?

Are you serious? You're no one's boss here.

Now, all the community is waitting the MIG-21 from Beczl...and news from him are spread weekly... even daily....
They're also waiting on CA, World, Nevada, plus the other modules coming out of beta.

Sorry but I am following the products from years since Lock On and the lack of communication is not only my constatation...

If you take some times for readding most of the forum about DCS and ED products you will see posts concerning the problem of sharing the information...

I see a lot of information being shared.

Since now the ED products are great that's not a problem but communication could be better...:thumbup:
There is always room for improvement, but in this case there is no lack of communication.

Like I said before ... just because you're not reading what you want to read does not mean that ED is not communicating, k? :D

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Communication was much more forthcoming in the past, early LOMAC days - however this lead to accusations of deliberate deception by ED, when plans announced (and announced as subject to change), changed.

The indignant rage spewed forth from some accusing ED of Broken Promises (Nothing is ever promised, ever) soured ED willingness to communicate plans too early, or specify any details until set in code.

They've been burned in the past, that is why things are the way the are.

Nate

Ok, I promise to follow the shepherd like a good sheep.

Sorry for my point...

I did not understand the ED communication :helpsmilie:

Despite this "communication" point I am awaiting the next fighters and others ED stuff...but please don't take to much time I am an old man ! :)

Nate thx for the info ! That's a good explanation for me ! :thumbup:

Edited by Razorback

DCS silence is a little disconcerting, but i think its a pretty educated guess that it will be the F-16 or F-18, seeing as they are the best modern American fighters everyone is wanting, and as we can see, the third party developers are intentionally ignoring them. 2+2.

"Isn't this fun!?" - Inglorious Bastards

"I rode a tank, held a general's rank / When the Blitzkrieg raged, and the bodies stank!" - Stones.