Can we have some info on the new weather system development?

Ala12Rv-watermanpc

I wonder if it would be possible to have some info on the ongoing development of the new weather system with its new clouds rendering and new features as, despite its been said to be in development, as far as I know we dont have a clue about what is the goal/what to expect from it and if it is being actively developed at the moment. This in one of my most anticipated features for DCS as a flight sim, as much as other things like new FLIR rendering, dedicated server, etc.

The updated clouds look good, but a whole new system with several clouds layers, different kinds of clouds, randomized (based on weather data) clouds formations instead of perfectly spaced clouds units, improved rendering distance, improved turbulence and winds, localized fogs, etc. would be a HUGE sim changer making every mission a whole new one depending on the weather conditions and making a new level of challenge. So, as already said, after so many time without any info on this regard (and only knowing it's "planed") can we please get some info about this matter?...Im NOT talking about time for release nor asking for images or media material, just INFO.

thanks!

Take a look at my MODS here

• ED Team

Once we have something nearing completion to show, we will do so gladly. Sadly, we have some in this community that tend to focus on anything remotely negative they can find in work in progress, because of this we tend to hold on to things a little longer.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Once we have something nearing completion to show, we will do so gladly. Sadly, we have some in this community that tend to focus on anything remotely negative they can find in work in progress, because of this we tend to hold on to things a little longer.

I feel ya, everyone forgets that we all signed up to be beta testers.

+1 I cant wait for a new weather system. Its going to give this sim just the thing it needs to put it one further step towards realism.

Sytem Specs: Asus armor Z170 mobo, Intel 6700k i7 chip, gtx 1080, 32g DDR4, 800watt pws, Win10, Samsung NVME M.2 256G Drive, 1T Samsung Evo SSD, 250G Corsair SSD, Asus 4k 28" 60hz Monitor, Oculus Rift, WarthogTM stick and throttle, CH rudder pedals

If it's already WIP, probably too late, but the two sticking points for me are:

• Synced weather in multiplayer (two jets fly into the same cloud at the same time in multiplayer etc.)
  • Ability to take a clear weather condition and make it worse (roll in a storm and create a deteriorating condition)

That latter seems key and created pressure on attack pilots to work quickly in many theaters--Vietnam and Korea come to mind. Feel like this has been missing for a while. Sure hope something like this is included, :smilewink:.

The State Military (MAG 13)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

http://www.statelyfe.com

Specs: Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi; i9-9900K; EVGA 2080 Ti Black; 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4; Samsung 970 EVO Series M.2 SSD; WIN10; ASUS VG248QE; CV-1 and Index

Modules: A-10C; AV8B; CA; FC3; F-5; F-14; F-18; F-86; HAWK; L-39; P-51; UH1H; NTTR; Normandy; Persian Gulf

It's really a shame how the vocal minority can really ruin things for the silent majority, I have seen this impact the communication dev teams have with users in multiple games, heck even hardware guys (VKB) are doing this.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

I understand you dont want to SHOW things until they look good enough, thats normal in life, however, as I said, Im not asking for showing anything but just want to get some INFORMATION on what to expect/whats planned because we know nothing basically.

Is my understanding that this is a highly expected feature for many years now but we have never ever had any info about it...if you wait until the last minute to show/give info about it near completion, in my opinion, you better have a trully amazing thing between your hands otherwise many people will be dissapointed...and Im not doubting about ED doing an amazing job but not having any info in reality tends to lead to "hype" while explaining what to expect would set things in their place.

At the same time,letting the community know (a bit at least) whats being done is, again imho, a good thing as it allows developers to, prior to release, know what people think about the work they are doing and maybe itroduce changes according to what the comunity wants...at the end of the day we, users, are the ones for which products are developed so having "some" info would be good.

I wouldnt ask for any info if this would be a brand new announced feature because, obviously, there wont be anything planned yet to explain/give info about but thats not the case and after many years I think there should be something to give info about.

thanks!

Edited by watermanpc

The weather while at times can be very spectacular in 2.5.X, in most partially overcast situations looks a bit iffy. Different cloud types (realistic shapes, and formations) would be awesome. I hope we get those eventually. What watermanpc mentioned in the OP would just be icing sugar on top :)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

rather than weather I hope we're going to see some realistic clouds and of course wheather effects, this sim is getting more and more realistic and this is the right path :)

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

If it's already WIP, probably too late, but the two sticking points for me are:

• Synced weather in multiplayer (two jets fly into the same cloud at the same time in multiplayer etc.)
  • Ability to take a clear weather condition and make it worse (roll in a storm and create a deteriorating condition)

[...]

This and more complex cloud types / layers as well as more feedback to the simulation when navigating weather/clouds: realistic turbulence, buffeting and other detrimental aerodynamic effects...

Maybe I'm preaching to the choir here, but if you play around with the dynamic weather option, it is actually pretty cool (though, admittedly limited...especially when considering the lack of different cloud types). With dynamic weather, you actually can fly from nice weather to deteriorating weather regions on the map. It obviously needs overhaul/upgrade, but what is already in place is actually pretty, well, dynamic.

In a slightly different vein, I think ED would really benefit from a group of individuals dedicated to actually presenting to the community all that this sim can actually do (which is a TON!). Because the changelogs are never even close to comprehensive, many people flying this sim every day have no idea all the cool new features they are getting 'under the hood.' But, I know that would cost money and I'd much rather their resources go into the actual development rather than marketing/changelogs, etc. Just a thought...

Finally, I agree with previous posts that new weather, clouds would be highly desirable, but not at the cost of all smoothness in the FPS performance department.

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

• ED Team
I understand you dont want to SHOW things until they look good enough, thats normal in life, however, as I said, Im not asking for showing anything but just want to get some INFORMATION on what to expect/whats planned because we know nothing basically.

Is my understanding that this is a highly expected feature for many years now but we have never ever had any info about it...if you wait until the last minute to show/give info about it near completion, in my opinion, you better have a trully amazing thing between your hands otherwise many people will be dissapointed...and Im not doubting about ED doing an amazing job but not having any info in reality tends to lead to "hype" while explaining what to expect would set things in their place.

At the same time,letting the community know (a bit at least) whats being done is, again imho, a good thing as it allows developers to, prior to release, know what people think about the work they are doing and maybe itroduce changes according to what the comunity wants...at the end of the day we, users, are the ones for which products are developed so having "some" info would be good.

I wouldnt ask for any info if this would be a brand new announced feature because, obviously, there wont be anything planned yet to explain/give info about but thats not the case and after many years I think there should be something to give info about.

thanks!

Whether its information, images, videos, we need to be very cautious, people like to pick apart or get mad if something changes as it develops. It's better to wait until everything is more concrete, but long answer short, we have nothing to share right now. We share info all the time, almost every newsletter has something new because it's not what you want to see doesn't mean we don't share info on upcoming items.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Whether its information, images, videos, we need to be very cautious, people like to pick apart or get mad if something changes as it develops. It's better to wait until everything is more concrete, but long answer short, we have nothing to share right now. We share info all the time, almost every newsletter has something new because it's not what you want to see doesn't mean we don't share info on upcoming items.

I never said you "don't share info on upcoming items" :huh:, I have always refered to the future weather system and just the future weather system in particular...and same goes to the "it's not what you want to see"...Im interested in anything ED has to say about anything, not only the weather system, again dont know where that comes from my words...

thanks and bye!

• 5 months later...

Guys, please ...

We are very fond of what you do. amazing things. Please appologize for those single ones who are negative; and please endorse those who make DCS thrive.

Those who are blasting negativity are either extremely frustrated. But those who keep ongoing doing their stuff (in my case MOOSE) are completely in admiration of what you do. We also wanna show some respect, therefore this mail. Even if ED is not perfect, it is still a great simulator.

We earn this respect, as we give respect to your ambitions and achievements.

Sven

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]