Request for Information (If allowable)

Xoho

A friend linked an armament matrix for the F-18 a while ago, and asked if there was one for the Su-27. I've decided to create these armament matrices for as many aircraft as possible, however to do that I'll need a little help.

I'm not looking for any restricted information, however I would like to know the names of the launchers that various weapons are mounted on in game. I also plan to do one for the Su-33, J-11a, and Su-25/Su-25T in the immediate future.

Here is what I have so far.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LthjaYbxaVU44OYNnw0JoGd6owKmGoIgEjxm_77Im4Y/edit?usp=sharing

If this is against the rules, please let me know as I was unable to find anything saying it was.

I'm not looking for any restricted information, however I would like to know the names of the launchers that various weapons are mounted on in game.

Well last I checked FC3 aircraft often have fixed launcher racks on various stations and just puts different weapons on top of those. But if you are looking for the actual launchers/racks for various types of weapons, I can perhaps help a little.

A couple of comments;

- the rail launcher for the R-73 is called P-72(not "APU-73").

- the R-27T and -ET are only compatible with the APU-470 rail launcher, which in turn can only be mounted on 2 wing stations(8 & 3 in your chart). The radar guided variants(R-27R and -ER) are compatible with both APU-470 and AKU-470 - the APU-470 is used for the above mentioned wing stations, while only the AKU-470 ejector rack can be used for fuselage stations.

As for bombs and rocket munitions, the following two racks are compatible with the Su-27:

МБД3-У6-68 - MER(6 units) of various types of bombs of up to 250 kg.

БД3-УСК-Б - single rack for various types of bombs up to 500 kg and for suspension of rocket pods(all calibers) and the KMGU-2 cluster bomb dispenser.

There might be more, but those were the ones I could find on Vympel website:

http://vympelmkb.com/category/products/bderzhateli/

JJ

I keep finding references to 250mm lug nut spacers. Is the ordnance mounted to the pylon with one of these and no rail/launcher?

I am not sure what you mean, but "the pylon" is a detachable wing adapter which fits with the curvature of the wing on the upper side and attaches into holes in the wing via two pins. On the underside it has four ring lugs that fit with weapon specific launchers.

I have attached two examples - adapter + P-72 launcher(for R-73) and adapter + APU-470 launcher(for R-27T and -R) on the Su-33.

adapter_P-72.thumb.jpg.0c62087a8a0dd6308f1abb3e14c84d76.jpg

adapter_APU-470.thumb.jpg.e5e99326b993b84bcaca00d7e8599cfb.jpg

JJ

• 2 months later...