Nvidia RTX 2080 and 2080Ti Benchmarks are starting to be released

So I noticed this morning that Benchmarks of the 2080 and 2080 Ti are starting to be released. These are benches from just 1 reviewer but I would expect them all to be near the same. From this 1 reviewer looks like a decent jump from the 1080ti to 2080ti. (depending on the game) But I can't see myself upgrading to just a 2080 from a 1080Ti. Helll I can't see myself upgrading to a 2080 ti from my 1080 ti from these benches. Guess i'll just have to wait to see how this works out for DCS.

rtxbenhmarks.png

Edited by ElementLT
Coming Soon...
The Fraternity Returns : https://thefraternitysim.com/

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep in mind things like 3D mark aren't the best for judging performance, what's better is actual FPS numbers in games (like Jay said). The 2080 performed about the same as a 1080ti and it's 100 bucks more, this hasn't been the case in past generations.

The 2080ti is a beast but price to performance is pretty screwed up for those that care about price.

If you run 1080p stick with a 1080ti, 1440p and up (including) would benefit from a 2080ti.... but man that increase in price is nuts.

Edited by StandingCow

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

In my country they did a very nice varied review.

Its in dutch though ; https://tweakers.net/reviews/6553/rtx-2080-en-2080-ti-een-nieuwe-maar-dure-prestatiekroon.html

But im not gonna pay 1200euros for a videocard thats 25% faster average on 1440P and 34% on 4K. Thats the difference between a 1080TI and a 2080TI.

Im still using a GTX980TI and to be honest ill just wait till they dropped in price like 40%

g8PjVMw.png

I can’t say how happy I am for the RTX cards arrival, I just bought a used 1080ti for a very good price. Couldn’t be happier and still can afford to eat. If the 2080ti proves to be 50% or so faster, then I may consider getting one later next year. Although I am starting to see this may not be the case without the ray tracing thing. Im curious also to know if these cards will be enough for next gen VR, the likes of pimax 8kx. I seriously doubt it. Would be very frustrating to spend all that money (over $2000 just in VR HMD and gpu) and have it perform with low fps. TIme for some benchmarks to arrive.

Im looking forward to that pimax 8x and 2080ti review as well. im keeping my fingers crossed that it will be some good news. Hopefully this guy will do a review about it shortly. I believe he has one planned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ33TPQYw_-c6itr0ReIu-Q/videos

I can’t say how happy I am for the RTX cards arrival, I just bought a used 1080ti for a very good price. Couldn’t be happier and still can afford to eat. If the 2080ti proves to be 50% or so faster, then I may consider getting one later next year. Although I am starting to see this may not be the case without the ray tracing thing. Im curious also to know if these cards will be enough for next gen VR, the likes of pimax 8kx. I seriously doubt it. Would be very frustrating to spend all that money (over $2000 just in VR HMD and gpu) and have it perform with low fps. TIme for some benchmarks to arrive.
Coming Soon...
The Fraternity Returns : https://thefraternitysim.com/

Synthetic perf. tests are not way off … 3Dmark shows 30% better perf between 2080Ti and 1080Ti while 20 games comparaison shows the same 30% average.

The number that makes me curious is VRmark …. +70% performances with cyan room, +50% with blue room (the most stressing). Let's wait to see if that gets confirmation ingame, specially with DCS VR, but that looks interesting.

Looks like performance increase over last gen, particularly for 2080, will rely on dlss. Has there been any word from ED as to whether they are going to implement this?

I think it's a no-brainer since Nvidia will do it for free.

Very exciting release, performance seems better than I expected. The price seems reasonable to guarantee the best performance for games we're supposed to enjoy instead of fretting over low performance from cards like the 1080ti.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Synthetic perf. tests are not way off … 3Dmark shows 30% better perf between 2080Ti and 1080Ti while 20 games comparaison shows the same 30% average.

The number that makes me curious is VRmark …. +70% performances with cyan room, +50% with blue room (the most stressing). Let's wait to see if that gets confirmation ingame, specially with DCS VR, but that looks interesting.

That would indeed be good news for us VR pilots. Every generation of graphics card gets better at handling higher resolutions, which is exactly what we need for VR. Maybe the margin of improvement is larger in the beyond 4k area.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

For the price of a 2080 and current games, buying one makes no sense right now unless you have money to burn and don't care. my 1080ti runs any current game right now with an average of around 100FPS at max settings. Maybe VR will have more advantages, but for DCS I can't see you getting anything more out of a 2080 vs a 1080 card.

For the price of a 2080 and current games, buying one makes no sense right now unless you have money to burn and don't care. my 1080ti runs any current game right now with an average of around 100FPS at max settings. Maybe VR will have more advantages, but for DCS I can't see you getting anything more out of a 2080 vs a 1080 card.

Why would you even consider a 2080 when the 2080ti is so much better? :doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm pretty happy with my decision to pre order the 208OTI OC. It is clear on several of those reviews that at lower resolutions, the CPU was bottlenecking and holding the card back.

Then the 4k stuff. Wow, just wow. That's good news indeed for us VR types, although we have yet to have VR reviews. However, in their lead up to release, Nvidia did say a large aspect of the card development was VR related.

I guess I will be seeing a 100% improvement on my old 980TI.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Why would you even consider a 2080 when the 2080ti is so much better? :doh:

Price? 15-20% performance increase, but for a 50% increase in cost, when comparing 2080 with 2080 Ti. And if you already have a 1080Ti, then why bother. That little bit of performance for a massive expense to get a 2080Ti, makes no sense, unless you really can afford to just throw that amount of money after a graphics card.

But it looks like they are back on their old performance increase between generations. 9 series to 10 series was the exception but prior to that, the following usually fit nicely with 1-2% margin.

670 equals 760 in performance.

680 equals 770 in performance.

770 equals 960 in performance.

780 equals 970 in performance.

780Ti equals 980 in performance.

1080ti equals 2080 in performance.

And it wouldnt surprise me if the 2070 equals the 1080 in performance.

Cost just being a bit a factor this time around. Those 20 series cards are pricey. Is that all due to the Ray Tracing hubla?

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I say for pimax 5k its the best. Or you have a 980 ti can upgrade 2080 series. And the 1080 users better wait for 3080. Im hope bench with pimax5k and 2080 ti coming

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!

Price? 15-20% performance increase, but for a 50% increase in cost, when comparing 2080 with 2080 Ti. And if you already have a 1080Ti, then why bother. That little bit of performance for a massive expense to get a 2080Ti, makes no sense, unless you really can afford to just throw that amount of money after a graphics card.

But it looks like they are back on their old performance increase between generations. 9 series to 10 series was the exception but prior to that, the following usually fit nicely with 1-2% margin.

670 equals 760 in performance.

680 equals 770 in performance.

770 equals 960 in performance.

780 equals 970 in performance.

780Ti equals 980 in performance.

1080ti equals 2080 in performance.

And it wouldnt surprise me if the 2070 equals the 1080 in performance.

Cost just being a bit a factor this time around. Those 20 series cards are pricey. Is that all due to the Ray Tracing hubla?

40% improvement, DLSS, and raytracing not worth it. Okay... :doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have to agree with knock. Having a 1080Ti and looking at closest priced 20 series card you get ZERO performance gains on average for 100€ more in exchange for promised tech for future games. Which in light of the time frame of new graphics launches makes switching right now a nonsensical decision.

DLSS? sure is cool. Ill wait until then to buy a new card, but that will be either a 3080Ti or a 4080Ti. The 20 series are built on a half node that is sun-setting (12nm from 16nm). So expect a short timeframe for the 30 series and a new node (8nm).

Edited by Pilotasso

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Most VR benchmarks are showing improvements of over 50%. For anyone using VR this isn't nonsensical at all.

Yes, it's expensive.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Most VR benchmarks are showing improvements of over 50%. For anyone using VR this isn't nonsensical at all.

Yes, it's expensive.

Sure there is 50% increase in VR benchmarking software - we all know that DCS VR on the other hand is a completely separate beast and does not play to the normal rules. I do hope there is genuine improvement in DCS as I will likely buy new gpu if there is.

On current results im on fence with my 1080 ti

Sure there is 50% increase in VR benchmarking software - we all know that DCS VR on the other hand is a completely separate beast and does not play to the normal rules. I do hope there is genuine improvement in DCS as I will likely buy new gpu if there is.

On current results im on fence with my 1080 ti

VR performance is already lacking in DCS. Anything to improve performance is good with me.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]