Modifiers in the axis view

falcon_120

I normally use a modifier within DCS to double my hotas buttons. However sometimes i forgot if i have already pushed it(i use it as a toggle).

Could it be added as a letter once clicked in the axis view? For example a small "M" in one of the corners.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

There are two kinds of "Modifiers", "Modifiers" and "Switches"; yeah, thanks ED for making it easy to talk about this :mad:

Modifier-Modifiers are temporary, and work like <Ctrl>, <Alt>, and <Shift>, on your keyboard. They are only active, while you press and hold them pressed.

Modifier-Switches are toggles, which from your description, is what you are talking about. You press it once, and it's active the entire time, until you press it again, when it becomes inactive, like the <Shift-Lock> key on your keyboard.

In the Unix world, these are called Meta-Keys, and are fixed keys; you cannot create new ones. In DCS you can.

Maybe in DCS they should be called Pressed and Toggled Modifiers.

I use Modifier-Switches too, and wrote this RFI about them: Mode Selection Switch Configuration

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Exactly, i was refering to toggle switches.

I read your post and i could not agree more with it. It is basically my suggestion but scaled up to a new level. Though i would be happy as well with a simple aid from the axis view (Rctrl Enter) so i could remember when some toggle has been left on by accident.

Once i accidentally jettinsoned my fuel tanks at the very start of a long mission when i was trying to chg my radar prf settings in the eagle. Never felt more stupid. Now i use non critical buttons when i need to remember the toggle position xd.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

I wonder, are we the only two people who use this feature, or have any issues with it? My original thread has 0 replies, not even a +1.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I support this idea. I used it to switch the trackir zoom and leaning forward/backward. I really like the idea to show switch state. It is very often you forgot the state of the switch. Though I think a lot of people don't know about switches. DCS is not a simple software for new comers.

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language